PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Toby

Samurai Jack
05-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Hey man! I just saw you were posting on PTP, and was wondering what your workouts are looking like these days? Still doing MA?

Maybe you've been on, but I havn't seen you around in awhile. It could just be me ;)

Toby
05-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Hi SJ,

Still doing the same old workouts:

PTP weekdays, working on a 2 week cycle.
Twice a week Taku's intervals on a rowing ergometer
Thrice a week MA lessons
Most days MA practice

Lifting is up and down (heh). I'm still pushing decent numbers on bench but haven't gone for a PR in a while. Deadlift gets better with time. 350 is my usual cycle finish when it was once a PR. I haven't gone for anything over 380 for a while but I probably could. Last year I peaked at it but nagging injuries have kept me from pushing it lately. But I feel like the "groove" just gets better with time with DL. Squat's gone down for some reason. I usually finish a cycle at about 330.

I'm doing 2 systems of wing chun and a bit of xing yi and loving it. I really need to concentrate on it right now because my teacher will be leaving next year so I need to cram in as much as possible before he goes.

I lurk here, but occasionally I'll come out of the woodwork. Very occasionally. Good to hear from you, anyway!

Samurai Jack
05-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Well don't be a stranger Bro. And kudos on the Hsing-i... *best Borat impersonation* "It's niiiiiiiice!"

Toby
05-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah, the xing yi suits my personality. It's good for knuckleheads :D.