PDA

View Full Version : Should we Unban Springer so he can fight with Lama Pai?

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 07:11 AM
I say lets Unban Springer so he can openly come on here and mouthbox with the Lama Pai!!

Lama Pai Sifu
05-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Just got word, this is supposedly NOT Jack Springer emailing me and posting online at the BOK FU CRAZY FORUM.

Let's wait and see.

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 07:21 AM
I assumed it wasn't him posting on Doo wai's forum from the start.

That was a no brainer right there.

sanjuro_ronin
05-09-2007, 07:25 AM
There was a post by this Hung mei individual that said the guns are NOT good for self-defence and things like that, anyone that KNOWS John knows that he would never say that and that he has many times advocated a firearm for self defence OVER any MA system.

This Hung Mei persona tries to sound like John but I don't think he is him.

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 07:27 AM
On what forum?

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 07:31 AM
I'll know for certain in a little while, but everything is suggesting that it is NOT Jack on that forum, which is what I said originally.....

sanjuro_ronin
05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
On what forum?

The doo wai one..

TenTigers
05-09-2007, 07:41 AM
http://z15.invisionfree.com/TruthMartialArts/index.php?showtopic=1282

nope, it's real.

Shaolinlueb
05-09-2007, 07:44 AM
i say lets unban!!!

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
link doesn't work, what does it say?

sanjuro_ronin
05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
http://z15.invisionfree.com/TruthMartialArts/index.php?showtopic=1282

nope, it's real.

That's not from the Doo Wai forum...

sanjuro_ronin
05-09-2007, 07:46 AM
link doesn't work, what does it say?

Copy and past from posts on here and from emails it looks like.

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
I actually have a dog to walk and a class to teach so I dont' know how much longer I can investigate this fascinating subject :p

Does appear there was a thread on that forum about Terry's posts and some grumbling that Mike Parrella shouldn't have stuck his nose into it. Then there is another thread which is like a cut and paste of Parrella's email to Jack and Jack's response....

The two threads I have read did not mention me at all from what I saw, and if Springer has an issue with Parrella over Parrella's post on his lineage that is between the two of them.....

Still leaves a mystery as to whether it is Springer on the Doo Wai forum

Some mysteries will never be solved I guess.....

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 08:02 AM
If you vote to unban him, then he can come here and speak for himself!

Reality_Check
05-09-2007, 08:44 AM
...Still leaves a mystery as to whether it is Springer on the Doo Wai forum

Some mysteries will never be solved I guess.....

Considering Jack Springer generally posts under the handle "JFS USA" the mystery deepens.

Of couse, Doo Wai and the other posters on that board think I'm Jim Lacey. Which, I admit, I find highly amusing.

TenTigers
05-09-2007, 08:53 AM
I say un ban him.
Then...
...here's where my plan unfolds....

...we sic Mega-Fist on him!!!!:D :D :D

let's see if Jack the Wack's H ' ung G' ar is any match for NinjaKatana!!!:p

banditshaw
05-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah we need to send Mega Foot over there to the doo doo's. :D

brothernumber9
05-09-2007, 09:22 AM
that's "Judo" katana. get it right.

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I think I have the mystery solved but I'll wait until a few more confirmations.....

Needless to say, in the meantime, everyone chill out ......

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 09:27 AM
But if we chill out, we can't have a huge bloody Forum fight!! :D

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 09:36 AM
But if we chill out, we can't have a huge bloody Forum fight!! :D

I'm sure if you log onto Doo Wai's magical mystery forum of crazy idiots you can have as many bloody forum fights as you want....

I personally am growing tired of the trolls and the BS... but that's just me

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 09:40 AM
LOL!!, You have a good point there Ross!!:)

Becca
05-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey, any excuse to slap RD....;)

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Oooh Baby!!! :p

SevenStar
05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
yet another cma soap opera...

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 10:56 AM

I guess some people like to be trolled? What we've got now is two guys arguing with eachother over posts that neither one actually wrote? :confused:

Mistake #1, reading anything on the looney tune forum. Mistake #2, posting about anything on the looney tune forum

Cardinal sin, taking seriously anything posted on the looney tune forum

And Seven, you sig reminds me, "truthman" has talked crap about BOTH Jack Springer and the Lama Pai crew, makes you go hmmmmmmmm.........

Yum Cha
05-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Forget Doo Wai guys, he's just an increasingly senile old guy. Some Pak Mei guys went down to LA to front him up and he started crying like a baby and threatening lawsuits and blathering irrationally. There's nothing there. Just a weak, tired old man losing touch with reality. Let it be.

Hitting his forum and generating banner ads is probably the only revenue he makes these days, his crew will do anything to get traffic for the old boy.

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 05:48 PM
I've posted this already, but I think the other thread is gone now....

Mistake #1, reading anything on the looney tune Doo Wai forum.

Mistake #2, bothering to post about anything on the looney tune Doo Wai forum.

but....

the Cardinal sin is taking seriously anything posted on the looney tune forum

Even if we somehow thought that those posts were really Jack Springer, who the heck reads that forum?

Waste of time

CLFLPstudent
05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Forget Doo Wai guys, he's just an increasingly senile old guy. Some Pak Mei guys went down to LA to front him up and he started crying like a baby and threatening lawsuits and blathering irrationally. There's nothing there. Just a weak, tired old man losing touch with reality. Let it be.

Hitting his forum and generating banner ads is probably the only revenue he makes these days, his crew will do anything to get traffic for the old boy.

Now you did it, Yum Cha! They'll be all over you on the next round of lunacy to plop out of that forum! My guess is they'll say you are James Patrick Lacey. It is really hard to tell what the heck is going on there....

You mean DW get's money for every hit because of those banners? Man - I liked reading their verbal diarrhea from time to time, but not if it makes him money! I got a kick out of their Chi projection 'experiments' through their webcams. If I really cared I'd ask Harout why he doesn't use his webcam to record his coconut break, but then I know the answer :rolleyes:

Very odd crew!

-David

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
According to the resident lunatics over there, anyone who doesn't agree with them is James Lacy :rolleyes:

Sort of like Sparticus :p

cjurakpt
05-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Sort of like Sparticus :p

I love you, Spartacus (I think we've been down this road once...)

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
or twice.......

cjurakpt
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
so, in 50 words or less, can you explain what all this was / is about?

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
I have no idea what is going on, I just wanted to post a poll.

lkfmdc
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Mike Parrella decides he's bored and need mental abuse so he goes and read's Doo Wai's magical mystery forum of looney tune idiots.

On said looney tune idiot forum, someone claiming to be Jack Springer posts a bunch of crap

Mike Sends an email directly to Jack Springer

Jack Springer thinks Mike challenged him due to something he wrote on truthmartialart, a relatively mild rant about how Mike should have minded his own business when "Terry" asked about Jack's lineage

Jack gets all pizz and vinegar on Mike

Back to point #1, Mike is angry about posts on the looney tune forum, Jack probably didn't write them

Both Jack and Mike start trashing eachother by email and on the truthmartialart forum

A fun time was had by none :rolleyes:

MasterKiller
05-10-2007, 08:04 AM

Yeah, because MMA.tv and Sherdog never have any drama...:rolleyes:

lkfmdc
05-10-2007, 08:28 AM
CMA wins, hands down.... only in CMA can people who have never met, never seen a person, know nothing about them, pronounce evaluations of them based upon some gossip they heard once.....

billy_pilgrim
05-10-2007, 10:02 AM
CMA wins, hands down.... only in CMA can people who have never met, never seen a person, know nothing about them, pronounce evaluations of them based upon some gossip they heard once.....

This is so true. Only in CMA do we judge skill based solely on demos found on youtube. Only in CMA do we make grand proclamations about someone's ability despite having never touched hands with them, nor ever having spoken to anyone who has. Only in CMA do we hold the arrogant perspective that because someone plays their forms differently than the way "we" do that "they" are either A) doing it wrong or B) fabricating the whole thing. It's a silly argument about who amongst us is the best shadow boxer, as if from there real fighting ability can be extrapolated. If only boxers had the sense we do! They wouldn't need to risk their health fighting each other in the ring, they could just submit videos of themselves working a speed bag and a heavy bag and let the *cough* objective and *cough* unbiased message board community determine the inevitable outcome!

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-10-2007, 10:14 AM
If they spent time learning to control, and develop their Qi, through "Qi Gong" practice, they would be able to do that, but they don't, because they are just a physical sport, so they can't!! :p

lkfmdc
05-10-2007, 10:39 AM
wow - he waited 38 years to post :D

sanjuro_ronin
05-10-2007, 11:47 AM

ROTFLMAO !!

billy_pilgrim
05-10-2007, 01:02 PM

I hope it was worth the wait. I wonder what happened to all my old posts??? They are gone...saved me the trouble of having to delete them though. Just as well. I think everyone I used to yell at has been banned. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. Can anyone give me a rundown of what has transpired over the last say...5 years? Are we still challenging each other to fights that never materialize? Are we still repeating unsubstantiated gossip and rumor as if it is fact? Are we still judging whom has skill and whom doesn't based on demos filmed by cameras with bad frame rates? You know, in other words, are we still adhering to the traditions???

lkfmdc
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I can tell you what just happened in the past 5 minutes, that crazy old coot registered using my screen name and posted a bunch of crap as me!!!!! I got this email warning that I was being banned and I didn't even have an account over there!!!!!!!

F-in trolls

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Where, truth, or Doo wai's board?

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-10-2007, 02:56 PM
I can tell you what just happened in the past 5 minutes, that crazy old coot registered using my screen name and posted a bunch of crap as me!!!!! I got this email warning that I was being banned and I didn't even have an account over there!!!!!!!

Reply]
I wonder if you can sue over that?

The Chung moo quan guys used to do that to me on the TMAN & MATT forums too.

golden arhat
05-10-2007, 03:12 PM

how do u do that ?

it looks fun

lkfmdc
05-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Where, truth, or Doo wai's board?

They did it twice before on the Doo Wai forum but it was so obvious it didn't matter

This time they did it on truthmartialarts and apparently posted a lot of stuff before some realized it wasn't me

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow, with your own E-mail too? :eek:

sanjuro_ronin
05-11-2007, 04:45 AM
All taken care of now, the multiple accounts have been banned.

Pesky Ninjas.

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 07:37 AM
So, if I think I am me, now I really am and I am not someone else pretending to be me? That's good to know (I think)

Lam Tong Long
05-11-2007, 07:53 AM
JFS just threatened me with 'Sun Dar' via email (EDIT: Actually he has technically threatened me AGAIN since he has already threatened the same a few years ago)!!!!!!

To: jay@urbanent.wanadoo.co.uk
Date: May 11 2007, 12:19 PM
Subject: Future
Received: from [71.166.168.201] by web55106.mail.re4.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 11 May 2007 04:19:47 PDT

You have come to the attention of important people and will soon receive exactly what you deserve - Sun Dar

:eek:

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.bloggerheads.com/images/spanish_inquisition.jpg

Lam Tong Long
05-11-2007, 08:03 AM
http://www.bloggerheads.com/images/spanish_inquisition.jpg

LOL!

I wonder if the Python crew ever expected that their creation would someday find a home in a martial arts forum....

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 08:14 AM
No offense to anyone, but Chan Tai San's Pai keeps me more than busy and I really don't want to get dragged into anyone else's family stuff

I do find Monty Python wildly funny though

Becca
05-11-2007, 08:38 AM
You have come to the attention of important people and will soon receive exactly what you deserve - Sun Dar

:eek:
Is this "sun dar" torture of the side stich from excesive giggling?:confused:

Lam Tong Long
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I think anyone who has earned their stripes doing stances can relate to "The Ministry of Silly Walks"!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

Lam Tong Long
05-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Is this "sun dar" torture of the side stich from excesive giggling?:confused:

Apparently. Although that might just be the initial stage. Last time I had 'sun dar' put on me by this guy I got a REAL bad cough about 7 months after. Coincidence?

cjurakpt
05-11-2007, 09:36 AM
So, if I think I am me, now I really am and I am not someone else pretending to be me? That's good to know (I think)

finally, you're taking your meds at an appropriate dosage...

I am still confused, BTW about who exactly this Jack / John Springer guy is, whether he's "for real" or not (not that I am so interested that I actually care to ring him up and ask him)? why does he seem to have rubbed more than a fair share of people the wrong way, yet also apparently inspires fierce loyalty amonsgt others - is he some sort of "Svengali"? having queried thusly, will I now also receive an ominous e-mail as harbinger of things to come? and will Maude ever realize that Gary is just using her to get to Pauline and the fabled Avery fortune? these pressing questions will no doubt one day be answered...

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 09:42 AM
he seem to have rubbed more than a fair share of people the wrong way, yet also apparently inspires fierce loyalty amonsgt others -

You do realize, that describes me as well :eek: :D :eek: :D :rolleyes: :eek: :D

From what I understand, his particular lineage and method makes Chan Tai San's little inter-Pai struggles seem like the world's happiest family LOL :D

sanjuro_ronin
05-11-2007, 09:52 AM
You do realize, that describes me as well :eek: :D :eek: :D :rolleyes: :eek: :D

From what I understand, his particular lineage and method makes Chan Tai San's little inter-Pai struggles seem like the world's happiest family LOL :D

Pretty much describes almost every "old school" fighter/martial artist with an umcompromising attitude.

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Pretty much describes almost every "old school" fighter/martial artist with an umcompromising attitude.

Truth be known :eek: I'm closer to Springer's personality than to most others I meet on the internet... and I've been called similar names LOL :p

sanjuro_ronin
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
So I hear !
Well, you are in good company and I am not refering to John.

jo
05-11-2007, 10:33 AM

"Oldschool" guys do not **** on thier Pai in public, change sifus more often then they change underwear, and show a utter disregard for protocol and authority.

Jack is a bully and a hypocrite. A man with no dignity or honor.

You want to revere a man like that?

Go right ahead, just remember what that says about you.

-jo

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 10:36 AM
a collection of inter-Pai disputes and dirty laundry that needs not be put on a public forum where most people don't belong to said Pai

I'll avoid any "pie" references out of respect :D
This is precisely the sort of stuff that I was talking about.
This doesn't concern us, we dont' need to read it
Everystory has three sides.....

sanjuro_ronin
05-11-2007, 11:12 AM
"Oldschool" guys do not **** on thier Pai in public, change sifus more often then they change underwear, and show a utter disregard for protocol and authority.

Jack is a bully and a hypocrite. A man with no dignity or honor.

You want to revere a man like that?

Go right ahead, just remember what that says about you.

-jo

They don't ??

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Not to take such a wonderful thread off topic :p but I'm sort of still amazed at what people believe when it comes to Chinese martial arts. Makes you sort of wonder "who are these guys, who did they study with, and where"? The people I know from NYC, who studied in Chinatown, who were there "back in the day" all seem to remember the same things I do ;)

Was my Chan Tai San thread disrespectful
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34317

Or just my honest recollection of what happened and an opportunity for some to see that it isn't all balloons and parties in CMA

sanjuro_ronin
05-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Not to take such a wonderful thread off topic :p but I'm sort of still amazed at what people believe when it comes to Chinese martial arts. Makes you sort of wonder "who are these guys, who did they study with, and where"? The people I know from NYC, who studied in Chinatown, who were there "back in the day" all seem to remember the same things I do ;)

Was my Chan Tai San thread disrespectful
http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34317

Or just my honest recollection of what happened and an opportunity for some to see that it isn't all balloons and parties in CMA

My experience with TCMA is much more limited than with JMA, but I caa say this, all the old school JMA and even KMA guys I know, are all a bunch of *******s and I say that with warm feelings in my heart.

lkfmdc
05-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I have a background in Korean martial arts as well, my old Moo Duk Kwan teacher told us when he was coming up, they'd go into bars and pick fights with US Gi's for fun. They'd intimidate them by putting out lit cigarettes on their knuckles... not exactly MOO (Martial) DUK (VIRTUE) KWAN (INSTITUTE) that you'd expect :D

sanjuro_ronin
05-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I have a background in Korean martial arts as well, my old Moo Duk Kwan teacher told us when he was coming up, they'd go into bars and pick fights with US Gi's for fun. They'd intimidate them by putting out lit cigarettes on their knuckles... not exactly MOO (Martial) DUK (VIRTUE) KWAN (INSTITUTE) that you'd expect :D

yet very Zen of them !