PDA

View Full Version : New kid on the block

Ni Jian mu
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Hey. Been lurking about for a while and decided to jump in and become a member. I am currently studying shaolin long fist kung fu and chinese philosophy as well as herbalism and also various weapons training. My Cousin has just persuaded me 2 start studying Wing chun as well though lol. My martial arts training was cut short by an injury to my knee a few years ago but i have fully recovered and eager to get stuck in. I hope i can learn a lot from the more senior members of the community and everyone for that matter.

Cheers
Jamie

golden arhat
05-09-2007, 12:27 PM
hey

welcome

hows training ?

Ni Jian mu
05-09-2007, 12:36 PM
hey

welcome

hows training ?

Very well at the moment, until i get another injury (i hope not). I just worked out a new workout plan because i have to fit my training around college:mad: , as well as a new diet :( .

NJM
05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Very well at the moment, until i get another injury (i hope not). I just worked out a new workout plan because i have to fit my training around college:mad: , as well as a new diet :( .

Who's your teacher for SL, and what type of herbs are you using? I'm going to make another trip into chinatown to get more herbs soon, so I'm looking into new stuff.

golden arhat
05-09-2007, 12:44 PM
u train trad long fist?
or modern?

personally i think modern is better but thats another story

Ni Jian mu
05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
u train trad long fist?
or modern?

personally i think modern is better but thats another story

Training in traditional long fist would be difficult i think as it would be very hard to find somebody who could teach it right especially in the UK.

And to answer your question NJM i currently do not have a teacher. I practice using techniques i learn from books as it has been very hard to find a teacher in london. This i know may be of little use when it comes to using them in the real world but i enjoy it none the less. My mum is the real expert on chinese herbalism. My approach so far has been all theory (little actually lol) and no practice. But when i do start practicing i am lucky because a chinese herbologist owns a shop down the road from me.