PDA

View Full Version : Beijing bodyguards, what does it mean if you are called one?~

honorisc
08-20-2001, 07:02 PM
I heard someone refer to another person as being a Beijing body guard. I wondered the reputation of these people.

The person referred to was someone who stood outside of confrence rooms and off to the side when teams from out of the country were waitnig for their hotel accomedations and such like that~.
One of the behind the scenes organizers seemed shocked to here that the person was merely a member or associated with one of the schools in the organization hosting the tournament. And said wow, he thought that he was a bodyguard from Beijing~.

Please inform me of the significance of these people--Beijing bodyguards.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

honorisc
10-11-2001, 06:06 PM
I'll just put this in plain sight, for when you get to things like this.

straight blast
10-15-2001, 01:07 PM
I don't know if this is right, so if it's not someone please enlighten me! I was in Beijing about four days before the Dragon new year (which I spent in Shanghai-Awesome!!!) and everywhere I went there were gun toting soldiers. I went to the public toilet in a shopping center and I got followed by this security guard with a rifle. He shadowed me all the way, and then followed me right back to my seat.
I'm Six foot Two with blonde hair which, at the time was halfway down my back. Everywhere I went in Bejing I stood out and there was always somebody with a rifle making sure that I didn't take photos in certain spots or whatever. Is that what they mean by Beijing bodyguards?

By the way, China is an awesome place at new years. I'm going back to Shanghai as soon as I can!!! :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

"Through strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail"

honorisc
10-15-2001, 06:41 PM
That's more what I would think of as soldier. I like that you shared it. There's so many in your description that I think soldier. Body guard might not carry a rifle in the opn, and there would usually only be one.

I hope that your time there was fun.