PDA

View Full Version : TUF Season 5

BruceSteveRoy
05-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Am i the only one that still watches this show? anyway, last nights episode had 2 fights. joe lauzon beat his oponent very fast in the first round by rear naked choke without even bothering to get his hooks in. it was a pretty decisive victory. very exciting to watch.

the second fight though was emerson vs. hill. i wanted hill to win bc i think he is funny. he did win. at least according to the judges. but in spite of me wanting him to move on in the showi feel he should have lost. the judges made a bad call. emerson landed more shots. neither of them were aggressive at all. it was a weak showing all around. however, in hill's defense his record was 0-0 going in. he lied to get on the show and said he had 4 pro fights. of course the background check showed it was not true but by then he was already being considered and the judges let him on anyway. so for a first MMA fight he did a good job. but he still should have lost.

any thoughts?

yenhoi
05-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Dana explained why Hill won and Emerson lost.

The show is there to promote the sport to a more mainstream, newer audience and Hill is better all around for those reasons. A real cage fighter worth watching would have eaten Hill for dinner. Emerson at best could have barely pulled out a decision. Hill over the course of this show and the next couple years has potential both skill wise and fan wise. So he wins.

Thats what you get when you dont win the fight and leave it up to the judges anyways.

:eek:

rogue
05-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Joe Lauzon comes across as having a job to do. Get in there, take care of business, go home. That's a dangerous guy.

Mega-Foot
05-12-2007, 07:23 AM
That show is the equivalent of American Idol, only I imagine they (TUF) fight worse and whine more.

AmanuJRY
05-12-2007, 09:36 AM
...only I imagine they (TUF) fight worse and whine more.

So, you haven't ever watched it and you have such a negative opinion.:confused:

...based on what??

AmanuJRY
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Dana explained why Hill won and Emerson lost.

The show is there to promote the sport to a more mainstream, newer audience and Hill is better all around for those reasons. A real cage fighter worth watching would have eaten Hill for dinner. Emerson at best could have barely pulled out a decision. Hill over the course of this show and the next couple years has potential both skill wise and fan wise. So he wins.

Thats what you get when you dont win the fight and leave it up to the judges anyways.

:eek:

Didn't Dana state, on the show, that he believed Emerson had won by the first two rounds alone?

All Emerson had to do was wear a few blows to get inside Hill's range and throw down a little and there would have been no doubts...or, if he had a little more time in the second round he may have pulled off the ankle lock.

Emerson has more skill than Hill, but he needs some of Cory's attitude.:D

YiLiQuan1
05-12-2007, 11:15 PM
That show is the equivalent of American Idol, only I imagine they (TUF) fight worse and whine more.

Dude, you have GOT to be one funny guy in person...

Here's his profile information from the link in his sig:

Name: John Takeshi
Belt: Black
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 187 LB
Martial Art Style: Dim Mak, Hapkido, Iaido, Ju-Jitsu, Kung Fu, Ninjitsu, Sambo, Vale Tudo, Wing Chun
Team: Takeshi Shao-Lin Ninjitsu Squadron
Coach: Grandmaster Sensei Takeshi Ukeno
Martial Arts School: Takeshi Shao-Lin Ninjitsu
Instructor(s): Takeshi Ukeno
Years in Martial Arts Training: 38
Years in Competition: 36
Occupation: Shao-lin Ninja Instructor; Site-Management of Lazer Quest
Hobbies: Shaolin Judo-Jujitsu, Tai Shing Pek Kwar,Judo-Jutsu, Mega-style Katana-do, Ashida Kim style Ninjitsu
Home Town: Los Angeles; London
Web Site: www.shaolinninjitsu.com, www.ashidakim.com/

A resume like that is just too funny to take seriously! Thanks for the humorous dig on TUF!

Shaolin Ninjitsu... Good one! :D

AmanuJRY
05-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Anybody see the 'streetfight' between Marlon Sims and Noah Thomas on ep. 8?:eek:

Lauzon (I believe) called it 'the most techical streetfight he'd ever seen.':D:D

WinterPalm
05-29-2007, 02:44 PM
The episode with the street fight was interesting for two reasons: one, that guy found out that grappling on cement is not a great idea. And two, elbows to the back of the head appear to be quite effective...
Something to consider...

AmanuJRY
05-29-2007, 06:38 PM
I don't believe anyone worth their salt would say that elbows to the back of the head are not effective. In fact, they are quite dangerous and so there are rules to protect the fighters...In streetfights, there are no rules, as the earlier part of the show exhibited.:cool:

I learned, in middle school, that concrete and asphalt are not preferrable surfaces to grapple on.;)

AmanuJRY
06-01-2007, 06:32 AM
I didn't catch this when they did the bio's on the show...Joe Lauzon has already beat Jens Pulver (@ UFC 63, Hughs vs. Penn).

BruceSteveRoy
06-01-2007, 07:05 AM
yeah that was the fight when pulver came back after his hiatus and got overwhelmed. but in spite of that lauzon has been very respectful the whole season and i think that speaks highly of his character both as a person and as an athlete. jens pulver said in an interview something like that when he got in the octagon that he was so happy to be back that he wasn't even thinking about fighting as much as just overtaken by the thrill of being in the sport again. his head wasn't in the game.

MasterKiller
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
emerson (the guy who lost twice) fought Pulver, too.