PDA

View Full Version : charles mattera ussd get his 9th

sk girl
05-13-2007, 11:51 AM
Where did charles mattera get 9th degree?
He broke away from fred villari in 1988 as a 7th. So who gave him his ninth?

Mega-Foot
05-13-2007, 01:20 PM
The million dollar questions are:

Who? What?

Who the hell cares, girlie?

Ironpig
05-13-2007, 04:47 PM
What does that really mean?

Why should anyone care how many little stripes are on the belt of another human being? (I have some notches on mine, from Burlington Coat Factory, mostly because I was trying to add little holes to make the belt wearable when I lost weight)

Teacher means something, if the teacher is competent.
Master would mean something, if it meant that the individual had brought up students to teacher level.

Both titles would only mean something if they had something to teach which requires them. Probably more for social reasons than anything else.

Rank beyond 'membership' merely denotes positions within an organization, more than anything else. Arguments about rank conveying or recognizing skill seem to be extremely poorly founded. Rank based skill measured by what yardstick?

Real ability to perform the stated skills for the system and the ability to pass them along are much better measurements to apply to martial skills.

If the individuals rank suddenly meant nothing once they left an organization, then what purpose did the rank serve in the first place? Nothing? Doesnt that reduce the value of anyone from that organization of that rank or lower? Of any rank?

Not a defense of any 'sudden increase in ranks' which have happened throughout history of the martial arts, but really: why is it important?

Or perhaps more specifically, why should it be important to me? Is there a reason it should be important to anyone?

xcakid
05-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Nick Cerios promoted him up to 8th Degree.

When he broke off Villari, he basically cutoff that lineage and approached Nick Cerios directly. He was then promoted to 8th. I personally saw Prof Nick Cerios promote Mattera to 8th during a demo while he was in Irvine. You can still see Demascos and Matteras name under Cerios Kempo on any Kempo Lineage chart out there and on Prof Nick Cerios website. However, Prof. Cerios passed away, so I am not sure about his 9th. I actually left the system at that point too. A few years later is when Mattera went to Shaolin Temple with USSD and was rumored to have made a very large donation and somehow got an Honorary Abbott title of some kind. I am assuming that is the reasoning behind the 9th and 10th degree promotions.

cjurakpt
05-16-2007, 10:34 AM
A few years later is when Mattera went to Shaolin Temple with USSD and was rumored to have made a very large donation and somehow got an Honorary Abbott title of some kind. I am assuming that is the reasoning behind the 9th and 10th degree promotions.

THIS is the critical issue that many people outside of TCMA world don't get: in the USSD schools I've seen (2 on Long Island, I think D'Amasco is the head guy?) they have these photo montages about the USSD school going back to their "roots" in China and being honored as the true descendants of Shaolin and all that; now, any one who knows anything about Chinese culture in regards to that sort of thing knows that if you show up woth 500 students each with a hung bao (red envelope w/$$$), the abbott or who ever is going to go to not insignificant lengths to make sure that your trip was worth the troule - want your own engraved pillar in the Shaolin Garden? Noooo problem. The problem is that, in the American mind, this sort of honor is based on merit - if you have that, you must have earned it based on your skill and authenticity, whatnot; so, they play up this angle like they are the chosen few, and use it as a means of reinforcing their ridiculous claims about being a Shaolin based school

of course, anyone with a background in legitimate TCMA will see it for what it is right away...

sk girl
05-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I agree with cjurakpt.
They show up at the temple every few years with a bunch of$$$$$
and wallaa instant certification for an art they don't teach.

tattooedmonk
05-16-2007, 02:03 PM
...that they do not teach Shaolin at the advanced levels and in private?? You would have to know everything about the system the masters/ instructors, and Charles Mattera to know this for sure.

The only one that really knows is him.

It is easy to look in from the outside and pass judgements without knowing all the facts and with the limited information available whether USSD or CM does or does not have said knowledge or skill.

Once again I am not part of USSD I am just attmepting to fair and unbiased.

Personally I have attended a few of their classes and there are many skilled martial artist that teach and practice there ,but I have not seen anything that resembles CMA.

SenseiShellie
05-16-2007, 04:37 PM
...that they do not teach Shaolin at the advanced levels and in private?? You would have to know everything about the system the masters/ instructors, and Charles Mattera to know this for sure.

It is easy to look in from the outside and pass judgements without knowing all the facts and with the limited information available whether USSD or CM does or does not have said knowledge or skill.

Personally I have attended a few of their classes and there are many skilled martial artist that teach and practice there ,but I have not seen anything that resembles CMA.

A lot of the forms taught after BB Fred Villari created. I have all the material up to 5th dan, and I'm a 2nd. Charles Mattera is good at what he knows...Kempo.

cjurakpt
05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
...that they do not teach Shaolin at the advanced levels and in private??

because that is an inherently implausible argument;

I mean, they could just as well be teaching Advanced Underwater Basket Weaving - how would you know? on what basis can you discern what they choose to keep secret? so you can only go by what you see: they claim to teach a Shaolin based system, but nothing that is available to public scrutiny confirms or even suggests that this is the case; anyway, they state clearly that what they teach is from Shaolin - they do not qualify it by saying it's only at the advanced levels; either way, they are being deceptive: either they teach no Shaolin at all, or they only teach it in private but still bill the publicaly seen stuff as something other than what it is

besides, what's the point about keeping it secret? do people still buy into the whole silliness about secret techniques and magical forms that will catapult you into another level of being? 20 yars ago, you could still get away with doing something and calling it something else, and no one would call you on it, because the comparative info wasn't available; these days, anyone can take a look and see what traditional Shaolin arts look like, and can probably walk down the street and study it to boot;

so unfortunately, your exegesis is far from compelling

cjurakpt
05-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree with cjurakpt.

and again, from a Chinese cultural perspective, this is not inherently a big deal - anyone from the TCMA community knows this for what it is - it's like the old boys network - it shows you've done your bit to spread it around, supporting your fellow MA brothers - sooner or later it comes back to you in similar form; it's about public face - you scratch my back, I scratch yours; the problem is that a westerner sees it and takes it purely at face value and superimpose their own romantic notions about TCMA onto it

xcakid
05-17-2007, 07:09 AM

I was an instructor and was ranked a 2nd Black (Nidan) in that system. I have the material for my next degree (3rd) The form are CMA. I was taught a dragon form, not part of the curriculum. We do that a lot.

Not really Shaolin. Although there is more Kung Fu concepts and CMA form. It starts to move aways from what Villari taught. This was back in early mid nineties. As I understand it, Mattera/Taylor and the other higher black belts, has made further revisions to the Black Belt material. They actually have drunken boxing forms now.

tattooedmonk
05-17-2007, 07:11 AM
because that is an inherently implausible argument;

I mean, they could just as well be teaching Advanced Underwater Basket Weaving - how would you know? on what basis can you discern what they choose to keep secret? so you can only go by what you see: they claim to teach a Shaolin based system, but nothing that is available to public scrutiny confirms or even suggests that this is the case; anyway, they state clearly that what they teach is from Shaolin - they do not qualify it by saying it's only at the advanced levels; either way, they are being deceptive: either they teach no Shaolin at all, or they only teach it in private but still bill the publicaly seen stuff as something other than what it is

besides, what's the point about keeping it secret? do people still buy into the whole silliness about secret techniques and magical forms that will catapult you into another level of being? 20 yars ago, you could still get away with doing something and calling it something else, and no one would call you on it, because the comparative info wasn't available; these days, anyone can take a look and see what traditional Shaolin arts look like, and can probably walk down the street and study it to boot;

so unfortunately, your exegesis is far from compelling I am just saying it is possible . If you read completely what I wrote you would see my position.

What is Shaolin to you??How do you know what Shaolin really is?? How do you know that what they teach is not Shaolin ?? There are many off shoots of Shaolin.
Most of what is taught as shaolin in China is not and most of what is taught here is a joke. As far as traditional shaolin, what is taught and perpetuated , for the most part, that is media propaganda. At one time maybe parts of what is force fed to the public was taught and practice but a lot of it is fantasy.

Basics are basics. You do not have to teach them in the same exact format as every other school to get the same results . Have you been involved in their program?? hopw do you know they do not tell their students this?? I know for a fact they do , at least the instructors I have met.

I know the history of USSD . I understand that they taught one thing and now they teach that in addition to something else . What is wrong with that?I have not read anywhere that they are dening this. So they made their own hybrid or are cross training or MMA whatever.

To me it would not be a matter of keeping it a secret and all that it it is about people learning and earn the priveledge of being taught Shaolin. I do not know if this is the case with them but to me this would stand to reason. It is only deceptive because you have a limited view and only see things how you want.

Shaolin is not about a geographical location, a set of forms, or a uniform it is a philosophy and a way of life.

MasterKiller
05-17-2007, 11:47 AM
The USSD Shaolin connection was pure marketing spin. Gene said Yongxin did it for a free trip to the States and once he got what he wanted he started severing the connections.

sk girl
05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I am just saying it is possible . If you read completely what I wrote you would see my position.

What is Shaolin to you??How do you know what Shaolin really is?? How do you know that what they teach is not Shaolin ?? There are many off shoots of Shaolin.
Most of what is taught as shaolin in China is not and most of what is taught here is a joke. As far as traditional shaolin, what is taught and perpetuated , for the most part, that is media propaganda. At one time maybe parts of what is force fed to the public was taught and practice but a lot of it is fantasy.

Basics are basics. You do not have to teach them in the same exact format as every other school to get the same results . Have you been involved in their program?? hopw do you know they do not tell their students this?? I know for a fact they do , at least the instructors I have met.

I know the history of USSD . I understand that they taught one thing and now they teach that in addition to something else . What is wrong with that?I have not read anywhere that they are dening this. So they made their own hybrid or are cross training or MMA whatever.

To me it would not be a matter of keeping it a secret and all that it it is about people learning and earn the priveledge of being taught Shaolin. I do not know if this is the case with them but to me this would stand to reason. It is only deceptive because you have a limited view and only see things how you want.

Shaolin is not about a geographical location, a set of forms, or a uniform it is a philosophy and a way of life.

Sorry pal I dont buy it:cool:

I have up to 45 shaolin defensive maneuvers(VILLARI COMBOS) and all the forms up to 3rd dan AND THERE IS NO SHAOLIN IN THE FORMS OR THE TECHNIQUES!!!!!!

By the way changing the name of your Techniques to make it more marketable is WRONG!!

Lying and misleading your students and instructors about what they are learning is WRONG!

Gee sounds like a great place to train!

Lying and ripping off people those are traits I want my kids to learn so I'll just send them to ussd to learn from the best.

David Jamieson
05-17-2007, 12:10 PM
sleazy is as sleazy does.

"westerner" doesn't apply to anything in this "global" world we live in.

you either have integrity or you don't. It's very clear.
Because something is accepted doesn't mean it is right. It just means people are willing to live with x amount of dirt in their lives. They still know it's dirt.

recognize.

:)

sk girl
05-17-2007, 12:18 PM

When he broke off Villari, he basically cutoff that lineage and approached Nick Cerios directly. He was then promoted to 8th. I personally saw Prof Nick Cerios promote Mattera to 8th during a demo while he was in Irvine. You can still see Demascos and Matteras name under Cerios Kempo on any Kempo Lineage chart out there and on Prof Nick Cerios website. However, Prof. Cerios passed away, so I am not sure about his 9th. I actually left the system at that point too. A few years later is when Mattera went to Shaolin Temple with USSD and was rumored to have made a very large donation and somehow got an Honorary Abbott title of some kind. I am assuming that is the reasoning behind the 9th and 10th degree promotions.

Charles Mattera first went to the temple in 2001 and thats where he supposedly got his tenth.
He was allready claiming he had a ninth back in the 90's.

I heard Cerio cut ties with charles mattera over mattera screwing him out of money.
I also heard Cerio cut ties with mattera and everyone at ussd because he ranked himself to 9th.

I don't know which one is true but I wouldn't be surprised if they both are.

cjurakpt
05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I am just saying it is possible . If you read completely what I wrote you would see my position.
I read your position - you are saying it's possible; I agree it's possible, but I think it's also improbable...

how much time have you spent with actual Chinese teachers? how much time have you spent in a Chinatown with Chinese teachers? how much time have spent going to traditional Chinese martial arts tournaments with people from authentic Chinese martial arts lineages, including people who practice classical Shaolin based arts (northern and southern, which are quite different from each other)? if you have even a little background, you know what's what, and what's not - and kenpo, for all it's being traced back to China at one point, is pretty far off from what Shaolin based arts are like; so it doesn't matter what it is to me, it is what it is; and what USSD is teaching ain't it (as you correctly say, most of what is taught as Shaolin is a joke);

Basics are basics. You do not have to teach them in the same exact format as every other school to get the same results .
no argument there - but this is not a "results" discussion - this is a discussion about veracity of claims made by people who state they teach one thing and teach something else

Have you been involved in their program?? hopw do you know they do not tell their students this?? I know for a fact they do , at least the instructors I have met.
I have never studied at a USSD (based on what I've seen, thank God for small favours); I don't know what they tell their students; I do see what they advertise to the general public, and that is what I am taking issue with - touting how they made a pilgramage to Shaolin and were welcomed as honoured guests and all that because they have this historic link to the temple and blah blah blah - the fact is, what they did anyone could have done, it doesn't grant them any special authenticity; but they play it up as if it does; that's misleading; also, it seems that some people on here who have that direct experience are of a similar viewpoint to mine...

hey, fine by me - hybrid, whatever, go for it; but be staright up about it

the priveledge of learning Shaolin? now who's in fantasy land? what's so speciual about Shaolin, or any art for that matter, that anyone needs to earn the privalege to learn it? I mean, if that's what you want, go for it, but at the same time, I know guys here in NY who study Shaolin arts where you basically walk in the door and start learning, no secrets, no studying kenpo first to prove your worthiness

no, it is a geographical location; it is also a series of forms; it is not a philosophy - Buddhism is a philosophy / way of life, and that's part of the Shaolin tradition

sk girl
05-19-2007, 10:49 AM
cjurakpt your post is awesome!

Mega-Foot
05-20-2007, 05:11 AM
cjurakpt your post is awesome!

I went deep sea fishing yesterday. I caught a nice, thick groupie.

ninja matt
05-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Where did charles mattera get 9th degree?
He broke away from fred villari in 1988 as a 7th. So who gave him his ninth?

Mattera more than likely give it to himself. Every instructor I talked too said he did. No instructor wanted to associate with him after he screwed over GM Cerio and Gm Villari.

ninja matt
05-25-2007, 10:46 AM
I was an instructor and was ranked a 2nd Black (Nidan) in that system. I have the material for my next degree (3rd) The form are CMA. I was taught a dragon form, not part of the curriculum. We do that a lot.

Not really Shaolin. Although there is more Kung Fu concepts and CMA form. It starts to move aways from what Villari taught. This was back in early mid nineties. As I understand it, Mattera/Taylor and the other higher black belts, has made further revisions to the Black Belt material. They actually have drunken boxing forms now.

Thats good that they added drunken boxing considering mattera has a drinking problem.

sk girl
05-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Thats good that they added drunken boxing considering mattera has a drinking problem.

How true! Mattera is fat.

SenseiShellie
05-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Um, in all honesty, Villari isn't very thin either. It's unfortunately in their Italian Heritage...

Mega-Foot
05-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Oh, you're going to rag on your lord and Master's weight now, are you?

And what are you weighing in at Sensei Shellie?

Sk girl?

I'm thinking of a size between 18 and 20.

SenseiShellie
05-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh, you're going to rag on your lord and Master's weight now, are you?

And what are you weighing in at Sensei Shellie?

Sk girl?

I'm thinking of a size between 18 and 20.

Um, first off, my weight is of no importance. I'm actually defending them! Italian heritage doesn't help with any weight at all. Italians are big bonned people. Plain and simple.

They aren't my Lord or Master for your information. I no longer study the system. My only Lord is Jesus.

You said you wanted to bury the hatchett...why are you freaking attacking me for defending them? Whatever dude. I have no respect for you anymore.

BTW, I'm a size 14, MegaFoot. I weigh in at 150. There goes your theory. Yes, I'm overweight for being 5'5"...but, I'll admit it and I'm at least working out in the gym and dieting to lose the weight correctly. Oh yeah, it also doesn't help that I'm battling thyroid cancer.

What do you weight in at? Hmmm? The way you reply, it sounds like you are about 235, 5'6". Small man's syndrome. Just stop while you're behind.

Mega-Foot
05-27-2007, 12:56 PM
You're not overweight for being 5'5". I like plump women. I don't mean a negative kind of "plump" as in "almost fat" or "on the way to fatitude." I just mean "not anorexic". Besides, I'm sure you've got plenty of muscle to round out your weight.

Italians generally are big boned, but so are the Japanese. As a matter of fact, I probably have the biggest bone you've ever seen. It accounts for some of my weight, but I don't blame my girth on bones. It's all muscle.

You can't get fat in Shao-lin Ninjitsu. We actually have a clause in our contracts. You have to maintain a certain level of physical fitness, or you're consigned to the gauntlet until you shed the necessary poundage.

Mega-Foot
05-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Where's the respect, and why would you lose it? I have a beef with SK girl, but not with you, my dear Shellie.

I hope we can get beyond this and be more amicable in the future.

Do you like movies?

What's your favorite?

Me, I love "In Like Flint."

Mega-Foot
05-27-2007, 01:00 PM
And it's true, I have a beef with Sk girl.

But I imagine she's probably beefy enough without it.

cjurakpt
05-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Some poetic commentary...

specific post:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=765902&postcount=19

actual thread:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46489&page=2

SenseiShellie
05-27-2007, 10:22 PM
MegaFoot...PM me.

Citong Shifu
05-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Sorry pal I dont buy it:cool:

I have up to 45 shaolin defensive maneuvers(VILLARI COMBOS) and all the forms up to 3rd dan AND THERE IS NO SHAOLIN IN THE FORMS OR THE TECHNIQUES!!!!!!

By the way changing the name of your Techniques to make it more marketable is WRONG!!

Lying and misleading your students and instructors about what they are learning is WRONG!

Gee sounds like a great place to train!

Lying and ripping off people those are traits I want my kids to learn so I'll just send them to ussd to learn from the best.

Well Said! Wrong is Wrong! Now their being held accountable for their actions. I think they'll be climbing out of the hole they've dug for quite some time, if they ever make it out at all.

Citong Shifu
05-28-2007, 09:44 AM
sleazy is as sleazy does.

Because something is accepted doesn't mean it is right. It just means people are willing to live with x amount of dirt in their lives. They still know it's dirt.

recognize.

:)

This is very true, unfortunate but true. What I dont understand about some of these arts is, many arts today claim to be better or more applicable than CM. If this is the case, then why the hell do they want to use the shaolin name or blanket to help highlight their school/styles validity? Hmmmm! It would really be interesting if the general public could see the real contradictions these people make concerning their arts/claims. amazing!!!!!!

SenseiShellie
05-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Some poetic commentary...

specific post:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showpost.php?p=765902&postcount=19

actual thread:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46489&page=2

That was funny as h e l l!

ninja matt
05-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Well Said! Wrong is Wrong! Now their being held accountable for their actions. I think they'll be climbing out of the hole they've dug for quite some time, if they ever make it out at all.

It would be great to see all the head ussd guys go to jail.

sk girl
06-01-2007, 10:56 AM

I'll bring the beer!!

sk girl
06-01-2007, 10:58 AM
This is very true, unfortunate but true. What I dont understand about some of these arts is, many arts today claim to be better or more applicable than CM. If this is the case, then why the hell do they want to use the shaolin name or blanket to help highlight their school/styles validity? Hmmmm! It would really be interesting if the general public could see the real contradictions these people make concerning their arts/claims. amazing!!!!!!

Most of their instructors dont know there learning villari kempo not shaolin.
We should send them letters telling them the truth.

SenseiShellie
06-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Most of their instructors dont know there learning villari kempo not shaolin.
We should send them letters telling them the truth.

The won't believe you anyway...they are brainwashed that way

Mega-Foot
06-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I assure you, I am not kidding.

And if you take that tone with me one more time, I just might send you an invitation to our next kumite.

ninja matt
06-07-2007, 02:26 PM
The won't believe you anyway...they are brainwashed that way

Yeah most ussd instructors are brainwashed.

ninja matt
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I assure you, I am not kidding.

And if you take that tone with me one more time, I just might send you an invitation to our next kumite.

Dude why are you threatening people?

Do you work for ussd? You sound just like them.

ninja matt
06-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I heard Charles Mattera is retiring (no big secret he hasn't worked in 10 years)
and turning everything over to his drunken lackys... I mean master instructors. Taylor has been runing the ussd company for years, do you think mattera will sell it to him?
Or do you think he will sell each ussd school back to the instructor?

SenseiShellie
06-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I'm making a note NOT to PO Lokhopkuen

Mega-Foot
06-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Dude why are you threatening people?

Do you work for ussd? You sound just like them.

If they sound like me, it is surely only to their credit, and your great discredit as a defector.

I cordially invite you to our next Shao-lin Ninjitsu kumite.

However, as a word of warning, you may wish to bring your own personal body bag, and make sure your last will and testament is in order before you show up.

Mega-Foot
06-10-2007, 12:10 PM

You and your fellow defecting sensei's ought to go to jail for skimming off the top. In my system, this offence is punishable by death, or at least the chopping off of the offending hand.

I've castrated for less.

SenseiShellie
06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
You and your fellow defecting sensei's ought to go to jail for skimming off the top. In my system, this offence is punishable by death, or at least the chopping off of the offending hand.

I've castrated for less.

That's what USSD does...they figure out every single way to skim off of the top from the schools.

Mega-Foot
06-10-2007, 12:24 PM
Take that tone with you? You really must be kidding talking that s*h*i*t. What it sounds like you are saying is I should watch my mouth or you are gonna beat my A S S.

Watch yourself in your sleep. Guard your shadow at six o' clock. You're officially "game". And I've put in a word with Ashida Kim to get you added to the "s-hit list"

Ha ha!

....he laughs fretfully, with an anxious trembling of his voice.

When is you next Kumite? I'll be there with bells on. I really don't want conflict but I am always willing to correct poor gung fu as well as educate the occasional internet big mouth or taste the tea of a great Master.

You have a big mouth as well, sir, and I'll bet you tasted something from your great master.

But it wasn't tea. Perhaps a little creme-of-sumolguy?

I am here in Los Angeles and I have been to the UK once on business. I was not trying to start trouble but there is no SUCH THING AS SHAOLIN NINJITSU.

I urge you to give us a visit. We have a new branch on Crenshaw. Come on in. Give us a ring.

Shaolin NEVER produced ASSASSINS........

Bak Mei, child. You know nothing of history. The greatest assassins on earth were produced by shaolin. Shaolin was just a cover for many temples, especially the East Northeastern Temple, from whom we take our lineage.

Gimme a break.

Provide me your neck, and I will comply.

Now one of the 48 laws of power is "know who you are messing with."
When you invite someone to fight you should KNOW who you are inviting.
Do you know me? I do not know you but I saw pictures and I did not see anything in your postures or doctrine that I would be a cause for concern. Saw some stuff that made me giggle.

Well, girls do tend to giggle a lot. That, and cook.

Now I saw you said you are 8th Dan of Tai Shing Pek Kwar, and 8th Dan of Shao-lin Ninjitsu?

And acting 10th Dan when Grandmaster Sensei Ukeno is on leave to Canton, the East Northeaster Temple, or rendezvousing with Ashida Kim in Florida.

Dan is a Japanese term and Tai Shing Pek Kwar is Chinese. Hmmmm??

You can ask Chan Tai San's disciples about that, if you don't believe me. My teacher is half-japanese, half-chinese. He teaches a hybrid art, as well. You racist.

Ninjitsu is a Japanese term and Shaolin is Chinese? Hmmmm?

Now you're asking for it, mate.

I realize my knowledge is very limited, I know very little so educate me on the history of Shaolin Ninjitsu if you would.

Do you have a Master's Degree? If not, get one. Then I'll be happy to discuss the art with you. Until then, you'll just be the ignorant bloke you just admitted you already are.

Pretty please.

Sorry, girlie.

I have
never heard of it and I have been hanging around the martial world for a long time. Who was your teacher? Who was his? When did Shaolin hook up with Iga or Koga???

My teacher is Grandmaster Sensei Takeshi Ukeno, senior disciple of the late Grandmaster Sensei Chan Tai San, 10th Dan of Tai Shing Pek Kwar.

I have no Dan.

This is apparent.

I am not even a black belt

hahaha...bloody amateur.

but I am always interested to benefit from the learnings of a great master. Rather than invite me to a gathering, why don't we meet privately for coffee and after if you are still feeling frisky lets go somewhere alone with no audience and you can show me the Shaolin Ninjitsu five pace heart bursting palm technique.

I don't date men. Man up, dreamboy, or get out of my car.

What do you say Master Mega-Foot? Or just say sorry and I will forget your little arrogant hissy fit.

I have an imartial profile as well http://www.imartial.com/Lokhopkuen

How cute. Do you practice knitting as well?

You eat, sleep, and breath kung-fu? Hmmph....but you can't spell a simple word like breathe? I can imagine what your skill is like.

cjurakpt
06-10-2007, 02:43 PM
as a disciple of the late GM Chan Tai Shan, I can give you full assurance that this "Mega Foot" character has no link to us in any way, that his made-up teacher never studied with CTS, and that CTS was NOT a TSPK sifu and never taught it as a system to anyone.

MF is obviously someone with an occasionally brilliant sense of humor but most other times a loutish boor; for some reason he has decided to include CTS in his fantasy world; while Mike Parella (Lama Pai Sifu) and I have been more forgiving of his shennaegans, I know that Dave Ross (LKFMDC) would be more than happy to have him dispensed with both on the forum and probably in actuality - so, Kishu, if you happen to be near him and get a chance to meet him and receive some instruction from him, please remember the members of the CTS family when you pay your tuition...

kemponetwo
06-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I am pretty sure I know who sk girl and shellie are. And yes, they are fat. One is fat with curly hary and looks like a beast. She was a ussd instructor that could not cut it. What can I say? Hell hath no fury like a fat jilted chick or two. I love reading posts by people that could not make it. Sk, shelliefats and matt - go into the dojo and talk your trash. Matt - you are a little *****. Not even close to being a man yet. SK and shellie are more manly than you, one of them even has facial hair. She says 150, but it is more like 250. She looks like a **** muffin!

SenseiShellie
06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I am pretty sure I know who sk girl and shellie are. And yes, they are fat. One is fat with curly hary and looks like a beast. She was a ussd instructor that could not cut it. What can I say? Hell hath no fury like a fat jilted chick or two. I love reading posts by people that could not make it. Sk, shelliefats and matt - go into the dojo and talk your trash. Matt - you are a little *****. Not even close to being a man yet. SK and shellie are more manly than you, one of them even has facial hair. She says 150, but it is more like 250. She looks like a **** muffin!

Ok...first off, if all you can do is try to attack a person's appearance without even knowing who that person really is, then you're as dumb as you sound. Let's look at the facts though, shall we? You're saying I couldn't cut it as an instructor...right? Let me ask you something...why is it that every instructor that "couldn't make it" is always talked about the same way? They stole money from the studio...stole equipment. I never touched a dime that came in that studio. In fact, I did my best to keep it open because the assistant DM wasn't paying the bills! It was always fun to turn in a rent check to find out it bounced. Why? Because the person I gave the deposits to used the money for his school. Without access to a checking account, I had no choice but to give it to the assistant DM. I did my best with a school that had 15 prior instructors before me...one of which was screwing all the moms, while his assistant did drugs with the students, which was eventuall followed by an instructor that molested children!!! Yeah...sounds like a great school to take over.

If I couldn't cut it, then how come I was asked to come back and teach if I couldn't cut it? If you want to know who asked me to come back and teach for him, you should PM me. I'll give you his name, what dojo he is from and what number you can reach him at. You can ask him how much the students liked me as an instructor and how much his student base was growing while I was there. I can guarantee if I wanted to be a chief instructor again, I could come back. I don't want to though. I have a better plan in my life. I think being a dPT is a lot better...for those of you that don't know, that's a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I think I can help people better there...especially when they leave a certain Martial Arts Organization with a torn ACL, torn MCL, torn AC / H, bulging discs in the spine and so on. At least I can help them heal without getting reinjuried.

Let me ask you something else now...Why did the studio that I ran shut down after I left it? It had a new instructor that could cut it. Oh wait. None of the students liked him! He must not have been able to cut it...but then again, who is with only 5 or 6 students that stayed after I left...oh yeah, and 3 of those students were prepaid.

I don't know who Sk girl or Ninja Matt are, but in all honesty, you're barking up the wrong tree. Watch what you say...There's nothing like the internet. It trackes IP addresses and you are liable for what you say. I have nothing to hide. If you want to slander me, fine. But, be advised that you're liable and slander is against the law...

cjurakpt
06-11-2007, 04:34 AM
O I have a better plan in my life. I think being a dPT is a lot better...for those of you that don't know, that's a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I think I can help people better there...especially when they leave a certain Martial Arts Organization with a torn ACL, torn MCL, torn AC / H, bulging discs in the spine and so on. At least I can help them heal without getting reinjuried.

one of the best things I ever did in my life (except it wasn't a DPT 15 years ago; times are a-changin')

kemponetwo
06-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Oh! You are so scary big girl! You could not cut it, so now you are jilted. So sad for you:( Looks like I hit a nerve. But the fact remains - you may have been personally a nice person - but as an instructor you could not cut it. So now you spew garbage on the internet. If you put half the effort into the dojo as you do writing crap online you might have went somewhere. Stay phat!

Mega-Foot
06-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Kempoonetwo. You're just being rude. You can't go around saying things like that about people on this thread. I have only heard one opinion, and my latest meeting with the sensei of the dojo has confirmed that I think Sensei Shellie is correct. I have no interest in the issue, outside of getting a little quality time with a female. But I saw some things that I considered suspect.

For instance: they were playing Red Rover in between the classes.

tattooedmonk
06-11-2007, 12:36 PM
Ok...first off, if all you can do is try to attack a person's appearance without even knowing who that person really is, then you're as dumb as you sound. Let's look at the facts though, shall we? You're saying I couldn't cut it as an instructor...right? Let me ask you something...why is it that every instructor that "couldn't make it" is always talked about the same way? They stole money from the studio...stole equipment. I never touched a dime that came in that studio. In fact, I did my best to keep it open because the assistant DM wasn't paying the bills! It was always fun to turn in a rent check to find out it bounced. Why? Because the person I gave the deposits to used the money for his school. Without access to a checking account, I had no choice but to give it to the assistant DM. I did my best with a school that had 15 prior instructors before me...one of which was screwing all the moms, while his assistant did drugs with the students, which was eventuall followed by an instructor that molested children!!! Yeah...sounds like a great school to take over.

If I couldn't cut it, then how come I was asked to come back and teach if I couldn't cut it? If you want to know who asked me to come back and teach for him, you should PM me. I'll give you his name, what dojo he is from and what number you can reach him at. You can ask him how much the students liked me as an instructor and how much his student base was growing while I was there. I can guarantee if I wanted to be a chief instructor again, I could come back. I don't want to though. I have a better plan in my life. I think being a dPT is a lot better...for those of you that don't know, that's a Doctor of Physical Therapy. I think I can help people better there...especially when they leave a certain Martial Arts Organization with a torn ACL, torn MCL, torn AC / H, bulging discs in the spine and so on. At least I can help them heal without getting reinjuried.

Let me ask you something else now...Why did the studio that I ran shut down after I left it? It had a new instructor that could cut it. Oh wait. None of the students liked him! He must not have been able to cut it...but then again, who is with only 5 or 6 students that stayed after I left...oh yeah, and 3 of those students were prepaid.

I don't know who Sk girl or Ninja Matt are, but in all honesty, you're barking up the wrong tree. Watch what you say...There's nothing like the internet. It trackes IP addresses and you are liable for what you say. I have nothing to hide. If you want to slander me, fine. But, be advised that you're liable and slander is against the law... You do not have to explain your situation to this guy or anyone else for that matter . Notice that the link to the infamous website of Shaolin Ninjitsu is not working. Big surprise.:D

SenseiShellie
06-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh! You are so scary big girl! You could not cut it, so now you are jilted. So sad for you:( Looks like I hit a nerve. But the fact remains - you may have been personally a nice person - but as an instructor you could not cut it. So now you spew garbage on the internet. If you put half the effort into the dojo as you do writing crap online you might have went somewhere. Stay phat!

Honestly you can't read. You didn't hit a nerve at all. People can change. I am 150 now. Amazingly enough, when you aren't on the "instructor diet" and eating one meal a day, your body can metabolize better. Funny how that works. That and having Thyroid Cancer didn't help with anything...but hey, I never complained and only asked for help. Isn't that a part of the 10 commandments of success? I asked for help and got none when it all came down to it. I had a shoulder surgery and was back in my dojo that Friday. I had a sub that I paid money to in exchange for him to sub in and he called me on the day after surgery to tell me that he needed sign ups in the dojo that he worked at. Yeah...I asked for help and seriously got none.

Yeah...sure, I couldn't cut it as an instructor...why was I asked to come back? Why did I work as an instructor for a very highly respected master in the system if I wasn't cut out for it? I put more effort into my dojo's than you ever could. I was in there at 11 am Monday thru Thursday. Friday I was there at 1 and Saturday I was there at 8 am. That was all 1 hour before my dojo opened up. I had a second job to pay for the utility bills and bushido supplies because no one else would pay them. I didn't take any cash from the school...anyone that paid for anything I gave to the Assistant District Manager. He took the deposit and what happened to it I don't know. In fact, I didn't get paid for the 6 months I was at the school because that person would say "Next week. We have to pay the (insert company) bill this week." Next week came and I didn't get paid and got the same line. Sounds like you knew everything about the whole situation. Did you know that the rent check for the studio bounced and we received a 3 day pay or quit notice? No? Hmmmm...the studio took 3 months after that to shut down because legally that's how long it takes to evict someone. The instructor after me knew that and left one day...with a sticky note on the door saying "Dojo is closed." Sounds like someone else that was ready for a dojo.

Stay as ignorant as you are. If you had balls, you'd say who you are.

SenseiShellie
06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Kempoonetwo. You're just being rude. You can't go around saying things like that about people on this thread. I have only heard one opinion, and my latest meeting with the sensei of the dojo has confirmed that I think Sensei Shellie is correct. I have no interest in the issue, outside of getting a little quality time with a female. But I saw some things that I considered suspect.

For instance: they were playing Red Rover in between the classes.

;) Thank You! Yup...games for kids. I can at least say that my obstacle courses and games for the kids had something to do with martial arts...

SenseiShellie
06-11-2007, 01:22 PM
one of the best things I ever did in my life (except it wasn't a DPT 15 years ago; times are a-changin')

Yeah...new program...gotta love it! I'm potentially going to NYU for a dPT in musically physical therapy.

SenseiShellie
06-11-2007, 01:23 PM
You do not have to explain your situation to this guy or anyone else for that matter . Notice that the link to the infamous website of Shaolin Ninjitsu is not working. Big surprise.:D

Thank you! When it's all said and done, I was right...they were wrong and paid out to me 20k.

sk girl
06-11-2007, 01:25 PM

Ah ussd true colors show again.

Ask your instructor why you cant own your dojo 100%
I am sure he wont say because the company needs to grow and be a greedy and steal all the money from the instructors who DO ALL THE WORK!
$250,000 for a dojo is crazy! USSD get 66% plus manual fees and their own billing company fees.
Hows a instructor to live off $300 a week no taxes taken out?
USSD dojos are run illegally! They need to be shut down.
Wheres the shaolin in your shaolin kempo? Pinons and katas are not shaolin!!! Why is grandmaster Fred Villari not in the black belt manual?
Wheres your dojo pal?

sk girl
06-11-2007, 01:26 PM
Thank you! When it's all said and done, I was right...they were wrong and paid out to me 20k.

Good for you. They run ussd illegally and should have to pay all instructors what there worth.

SenseiShellie
06-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Good for you. They run ussd illegally and should have to pay all instructors what there worth.

I agree there. I'm not saying Kempo is bad. I'm saying they way they run the schools and treat instructors is bad. I also don't like how they claim they are Shaolin. Where's the connection that isn't money? You teach a couple of forms...that doesn't make you Shaolin. You have a book with some training techniques in it...It's not something that hasn't been seen before. You have formulas...not something you can't find in TCM or in Tom Bisio's book The Tooth From the Tiger's Mouth. None of the secrets make it more of a Shaolin art then any other school. USSD Kempo is good for what it is...kempo. Charles Mattera is one of the best at it...but so is Fred Villari, the real founder of USSD in 1968.

cjurakpt
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah...new program...gotta love it! I'm potentially going to NYU for a dPT in musically physical therapy.

just out of curiosity, why come all the way across the country to pay far more $$$ for the same degree you could get at state school for way less (e.g. - locally, we have Stony Brook and Downstate, which are both excellent programs, for a fraction of what NYU charges); also, I am not familiar with a DPT that focuses on music therapy per se - there is music therapy, but that's a seperate degree, I believe - is this something new that possibly I haven't heard about?

SenseiShellie
06-12-2007, 01:48 PM
just out of curiosity, why come all the way across the country to pay far more $$$ for the same degree you could get at state school for way less (e.g. - locally, we have Stony Brook and Downstate, which are both excellent programs, for a fraction of what NYU charges); also, I am not familiar with a DPT that focuses on music therapy per se - there is music therapy, but that's a seperate degree, I believe - is this something new that possibly I haven't heard about?

Yes...it is a brand new program. If I can get it at Stony Brook or Downstate, I'll do it. I just know that NYU has the program.

cjurakpt
06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Yes...it is a brand new program. If I can get it at Stony Brook or Downstate, I'll do it. I just know that NYU has the program.

this is the only link I found to the NYU DPT program:

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/cgi-bin/ptdb3/programs.cgi?db=programs&uid=default&ID=300&view_records=View+Records

I couldn't find anything about the music therapy aspect per se; do you have a link to it by any chance (I'm just interested in reading about what they offer, it sounds very interesting)

SenseiShellie
06-12-2007, 03:22 PM
this is the only link I found to the NYU DPT program:

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/cgi-bin/ptdb3/programs.cgi?db=programs&uid=default&ID=300&view_records=View+Records

I couldn't find anything about the music therapy aspect per se; do you have a link to it by any chance (I'm just interested in reading about what they offer, it sounds very interesting)

They don't have a link for it...it's one of the options when they send you a graduate school application. I'll look for it and scan it in for you...

The Xia
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/page.php?page_id=735

cjurakpt
06-12-2007, 08:43 PM
http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/page.php?page_id=735

yeah, that's the Music Therapy Department, but she was talking about something that was a DPT combined with music therapy

SenseiShellie
06-13-2007, 03:30 PM
yeah...totally different program. I will scan it and send it in.

SenseiShellie
06-15-2007, 09:44 AM
ok...my scanner is broken, but I do have the info! I'll scan it ASAP. Also, I think it's interesting how Kemponetwo just came on here long enough to insult me and ran off. Guess he really had no balls.

cjurakpt
06-15-2007, 10:33 AM
ok...my scanner is broken, but I do have the info! I'll scan it ASAP. Also, I think it's interesting how Kemponetwo just came on here long enough to insult me and ran off. Guess he really had no balls.

they were probably part of the deal when he sold his soul to USSD...

SenseiShellie
06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
they were probably part of the deal when he sold his soul to USSD...

LOL...probably is the truth.

ninja matt
06-16-2007, 10:59 AM

I've castrated for less.

Excuse you??
I never stole from my former instructor you A.S.S.HOLE!!! It was charles mattera
who stole from MEEEEEEEEE.

ninja matt
06-16-2007, 11:05 AM
If they sound like me, it is surely only to their credit, and your great discredit as a defector.

I cordially invite you to our next Shao-lin Ninjitsu kumite.

However, as a word of warning, you may wish to bring your own personal body bag, and make sure your last will and testament is in order before you show up.

Now you threaten me with death?
Ok pal I'll be there. Where's your dojo ?

ninja matt
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM

So people who are overweight suck? Then your headmaster charles mattera sucks. All your district managers are fat masters! So they suck.
Ok I'll go in a dojo and talk trash where's yours? You call me less then a man where are you at? Or are you less of a man?

ninja matt
06-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Honestly you can't read. You didn't hit a nerve at all. People can change. I am 150 now. Amazingly enough, when you aren't on the "instructor diet" and eating one meal a day, your body can metabolize better. Funny how that works. That and having Thyroid Cancer didn't help with anything...but hey, I never complained and only asked for help. Isn't that a part of the 10 commandments of success? I asked for help and got none when it all came down to it. I had a shoulder surgery and was back in my dojo that Friday. I had a sub that I paid money to in exchange for him to sub in and he called me on the day after surgery to tell me that he needed sign ups in the dojo that he worked at. Yeah...I asked for help and seriously got none.

Yeah...sure, I couldn't cut it as an instructor...why was I asked to come back? Why did I work as an instructor for a very highly respected master in the system if I wasn't cut out for it? I put more effort into my dojo's than you ever could. I was in there at 11 am Monday thru Thursday. Friday I was there at 1 and Saturday I was there at 8 am. That was all 1 hour before my dojo opened up. I had a second job to pay for the utility bills and bushido supplies because no one else would pay them. I didn't take any cash from the school...anyone that paid for anything I gave to the Assistant District Manager. He took the deposit and what happened to it I don't know. In fact, I didn't get paid for the 6 months I was at the school because that person would say "Next week. We have to pay the (insert company) bill this week." Next week came and I didn't get paid and got the same line. Sounds like you knew everything about the whole situation. Did you know that the rent check for the studio bounced and we received a 3 day pay or quit notice? No? Hmmmm...the studio took 3 months after that to shut down because legally that's how long it takes to evict someone. The instructor after me knew that and left one day...with a sticky note on the door saying "Dojo is closed." Sounds like someone else that was ready for a dojo.

Stay as ignorant as you are. If you had balls, you'd say who you are.

Your District Manager stole all the dojo money? Big surprise. How come ussd wont let you write a receipt for the tournaments? Is someone not reporting some income to the irs?

SenseiShellie
06-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Your District Manager stole all the dojo money? Big surprise. How come ussd wont let you write a receipt for the tournaments? Is someone not reporting some income to the irs?

I'm not sure if it was the DM or the Assistant DM, but someone did and it wasn't me!

SenseiShellie
06-16-2007, 03:24 PM
So people who are overweight suck? Then your headmaster charles mattera sucks. All your district managers are fat masters! So they suck.
Ok I'll go in a dojo and talk trash where's yours? You call me less then a man where are you at? Or are you less of a man?

It's hard to be a man when you're neutered by USSD...

SenseiShellie
06-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Careful, he put in a word with Ashida Kim to get you added to the "s-hit list" too!

You should probably Watch yourself in your sleep!

Guard your shadow at six o' clock!!!!

Dude You're officially "game"!!!

RUN!!!

Oh yea when you go out hide your tooth brush 'cause his stealthy ninja army may
P E E on it. Smell your milk before you drink it, they like to P E E there too!!!

Leave it to a Ninja to talk s h i t,
threaten lives and disappear with out leaving a trace! (Or a Dojo address.)

Wait.

What was that sound??

Ninja!

Ninja!!

Niiiiiiiiinnnnnnjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I gotta go, they are here! Honey grab the kids and our tooth brushes!

RUUUUUNNNNN!!!!

LOL Lok...you crack me up.

ninja matt
06-23-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure if it was the DM or the Assistant DM, but someone did and it wasn't me!

I didn't meen you Sensei Shellie. I meant ussd is not reporting income to the irs.
We were not allowed to write receipts for green,brown and black belt tests and tournaments. We did not even have a sales tax license for the gear we sold from ussd. If thats not shady dealings then what is?Charles Mattera and the rest of ussd should be in jail for tax fraud!

ninja matt
06-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Where's all the old villari black belts at now?
What ever happened to Master Fred Bagely?

ninja matt
06-23-2007, 02:33 PM
That is so weird. I was just looking up Ashida Kim on the web. He did move real well though. I guess liars and frauds stick together.

SenseiShellie
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
This tis me forte dear Sensei delaHomie:D:cool::eek:

LOL...you're awesome.

SenseiShellie
06-28-2007, 01:01 PM
So wait...what happened to my badmouthers?

sk girl
06-28-2007, 02:06 PM
I didn't meen you Sensei Shellie. I meant ussd is not reporting income to the irs.
We were not allowed to write receipts for green,brown and black belt tests and tournaments. We did not even have a sales tax license for the gear we sold from ussd. If thats not shady dealings then what is?Charles Mattera and the rest of ussd should be in jail for tax fraud!

It's very shady dealings Ninja Matt. USSD and charles mattera are shady people who need to be locked up.
I always thought that ussd were doing something illegal when they said don't write receipts for tournaments or cash payments.

sun dragon
07-07-2007, 12:51 PM
It's very shady dealings Ninja Matt. USSD and charles mattera are shady people who need to be locked up.
I always thought that ussd were doing something illegal when they said don't write receipts for tournaments or cash payments.

For God's sakes people DONT EVER GIVE USSD PEOPLE ANY OF YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont give them anything for their ridculas instructors college. You can spend $15,000 better somewhere else. These people at United Studios of rip you off akka USSD should not be allowed to conduct any martial arts business anywhere.

They should have to pay back all the people who's lives they"ve destroyed. $250,000 for A DOJO YOU CAN'T EVEN OWN IS RETARDED. You could put up $20,000 of your own money and open one yourself without paying some fat A.S.S. self promoting fat master all your money.
If your rent is $2,000 a month and you charged between $100 and $125 a month you would need only 20-30 students to break even.
Now if you were at scams R-US martial arts and had to 66% back to the company $2,000 a month in black belt manuals, plus $500 a month to a corporate marketing fund account you would need 60 students just to break even. Plus you have to buy all you belts from them and Gi's and dvd rank videos from them.

Gee that sounds like their sharing the magic of the martial arts.

sun dragon
07-08-2007, 12:34 PM

The shaolin temple only recognize Mattera and Demasco as disciples of the shaolin temple not GRANDMASTERS or tenth degrees!
Ranking at the temple goes student,disciple,master.

They didn't even give them the title of master. More then likely because they don't study or teach SHAOLIN!!

xcakid
07-08-2007, 12:45 PM
The shaolin temple only recognize Mattera and Demasco as disciples of the shaolin temple not GRANDMASTERS or tenth degrees!
Ranking at the temple goes student,disciple,master.

They didn't even give them the title of master. More then likely because they don't study or teach SHAOLIN!!

WRONG!!! Not even that. They were not granted discipleship. They were just acknowledged by the Shaolin Temple as the head of a martial arts organization. Some kind of honorary title. Kinda like getting a key to the city. Doesn't mean jack schitt, except it looks good on the wall. That is only due to their large donation. Many other "masters" that have money have donated to the Shaolin Temple and gotten this honorary title.

IThere is no documentation that a Shaolin monk have taken them on as a disciple.

I will be taking a seminar with a Shaolin Monk, and more than likely will get a certificate for completing a seminar. That does not mean I am a disciple of that monk. Although if I was sneaky like that, I suppose I could tell people that. :)

sun dragon
07-08-2007, 12:53 PM
The USSD Shaolin connection was pure marketing spin. Gene said Yongxin did it for a free trip to the States and once he got what he wanted he started severing the connections.

THIS IS TRUE. The shaolin made a lot of money coming here. They went to San Francisco in 2003 after the ussd clinic.The Shaolin Abbott visits san francisco to open a shaolin temple there.

sun dragon
07-08-2007, 12:57 PM
WRONG!!! Not even that. They were not granted discipleship. They were just acknowledged by the Shaolin Temple as the head of a martial arts organization. Some kind of honorary title. Kinda like getting a key to the city. Doesn't mean jack schitt, except it looks good on the wall. That is only due to their large donation. Many other "masters" that have money have donated to the Shaolin Temple and gotten this honorary title.

IThere is no documentation that a Shaolin monk have taken them on as a disciple.

I will be taking a seminar with a Shaolin Monk, and more than likely will get a certificate for completing a seminar. That does not mean I am a disciple of that monk. Although if I was sneaky like that, I suppose I could tell people that. :)

I was just going on what the ussd web site said. Not surprised they lied.

sun dragon
07-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Where's all the old villari black belts at now?
What ever happened to Master Fred Bagely?

Master Bagely is semi retired from the martial arts. He opened Masters of self Defense in 93 with two 6 degrees and Master Cal Carozzi was with them for a time.
He latter left masters and opened Masters of Karate. He has about three schools left but is now a Attorney. http://www.bagleyandbagleypc.com/profiles/3132291.html

sun dragon
07-08-2007, 08:17 PM

If you only trained with them a few times how do you know that they are skilled Martial Artist ?

SenseiShellie
07-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Unfortunately, that is not what is taught to the students and chief instructors now. They tell everyone that they are the first Non Asian disciples in the USA for the Shaolin Temple

wyatt1970
07-08-2007, 11:07 PM
i have worked out from them and with them since 1985 since i started with them and just because people post what they want here doesn't always make it true, i think alot of people here are just burn/wash outs that couldn't handle it,, ussd is a BUSINESS get a grip on that,, how many studios do you posters drive by at 3:00 and they are closed, i know alot fo schools that the instructors have regular 40 hour week jobs this is the only job that the ussd instructors have. and why shouldn't people charge 175.00 month for classes? why should only doctors and lawyers and ceo's of companies be aloud to profit from there jobs, what about that other poster (i am not sure where he posted) from florida that said after months of the teacher trying to come up with the money they had to close down, the instructor didn't have a set amount of payments and hence they closed and they where all worried where they would work out, wether in the garage or the park? don't even try and say that charging money to make a profit lessens what they teach, because that is b.s.

sun dragon
07-08-2007, 11:24 PM
i have worked out from them and with them since 1985 since i started with them and just because people post what they want here doesn't always make it true, i think alot of people here are just burn/wash outs that couldn't handle it,, ussd is a BUSINESS get a grip on that,, how many studios do you posters drive by at 3:00 and they are closed, i know alot fo schools that the instructors have regular 40 hour week jobs this is the only job that the ussd instructors have. and why shouldn't people charge 175.00 month for classes? why should only doctors and lawyers and ceo's of companies be aloud to profit from there jobs, what about that other poster (i am not sure where he posted) from florida that said after months of the teacher trying to come up with the money they had to close down, the instructor didn't have a set amount of payments and hence they closed and they where all worried where they would work out, wether in the garage or the park? don't even try and say that charging money to make a profit lessens what they teach, because that is b.s.

You forgot to mention how USSD makes you work 50 PLUS HOURS A WEEK FOR $300 A WEEK!!! NO TAXES TAKEN OUT!!! Those are set hours they give you so you are an a employee not a 1099. Gee wouldn't you be burned out working 55 hours a week no taxes taken out making $3 an hour? Wondering where your rent money for your is house is going to come from? You probably have not ran a dojo for these guys. So tell me pal why is so great to work for ussd? At Villaris you can own your dojo 100% for $50,000. At mattera's ussd you can own 33% for $225,000. So why should anyone do business with mattera when the can just go to the source of shaolin kempo and own four Villari djos for the same price as one 33% dojo from ussd?
Let me guess because ussd gives you a warm fuzzy?

SenseiShellie
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM

175 would be a nice price, if that was still the price. it's 250 now. I could see paying that much to train with a Grand Master, but in most schools, that would never happen. Actually, wait! I do know of a Grand Master that only charges $100 each private class. His group classes are $75 a month. Why should someone have to pay 250 a month, in most cases, for a red belt to instruct them? Where's the value in that? I could see paying a red belt 150 a month to teach a private lesson a week.

also, what is wrong with someone having a different profession than just being a martial arts instructor? you're only seeing one person's perspective on that...I know of a few instructors that only teach a couple days a week because they ENJOY teaching. Maybe to some instructors it's not about the money, it's about the student enjoying what they are learning.

Yes, USSD is a business...just like any other business a certain profit must be met to make sure that people are happy working there. Unfortunately, there are a lot of business practices in both FVSSD and USSD that I would never want to be part of again...

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 12:06 AM
there is no reason for someone to also have another job, what i am saying is that a chief instructor should be at his school full time, not working 40 hours or more at a regular job then come to his school, first of all it doesn't give time for the school to be open for people to work out on there own, if it even aloud i know a few schools out here that don't allow it,, which ussd does whenever you want, as long as there isn't a group class taking place, then 2nd is burn out factor, tell me someone who works 40 hours or more at a regular job isn't going to burn out faster? they have to worry about there regular job and then the school, and 250.00 still isn't that much for 3 group and one private a week, and sometimes a sparring class if they are offered

sun dragon
07-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Hey wyatt1970 why haven't you answered my question from the last page? I know I'm right, ussd is wrong. Keep living the ussd fantasy world of their the best and everyone else sucks.

SenseiShellie
07-09-2007, 12:13 AM
there is no reason for someone to also have another job, what i am saying is that a chief instructor should be at his school full time, not working 40 hours or more at a regular job then come to his school, first of all it doesn't give time for the school to be open for people to work out on there own, if it even aloud i know a few schools out here that don't allow it,, which ussd does whenever you want, as long as there isn't a group class taking place, then 2nd is burn out factor, tell me someone who works 40 hours or more at a regular job isn't going to burn out faster? they have to worry about there regular job and then the school, and 250.00 still isn't that much for 3 group and one private a week, and sometimes a sparring class if they are offered

That's yours and USSD's perspective. Who says you have to work out at a school? I workout in a garage and find it just fine. Actually, I have a Kung Fu Instructor that works a 40 hour+ job, he also has a wife and 2 kids, teaches 2 days a week and totally isn't burnt out. He'll even go teach private classes on Saturdays. He only charges 75 a month.

250 is a lot for some people...especially when i know the fvssd school down the street from me, only charges 150 a month for one private a week and unlimited groups, to train with a 9th degree...not saying i would go there, but that's just a price comparison.

sun dragon
07-09-2007, 12:16 AM
That's yours and USSD's perspective. Who says you have to work out at a school? I workout in a garage and find it just fine. Actually, I have a Kung Fu Instructor that works a 40 hour+ job, he also has a wife and 2 kids, teaches 2 days a week and totally isn't burnt out. He'll even go teach private classes on Saturdays. He only charges 75 a month.

250 is a lot for some people...especially when i know the fvssd school down the street from me, only charges 150 a month for one private a week and unlimited groups, to train with a 9th degree...not saying i would go there, but that's just a price comparison.

Which ninth degree are you talking about? Fred Villari has 4 or 5 now.

SenseiShellie
07-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Which ninth degree are you talking about? Fred Villari has 4 or 5 now.

Armen Heroian...he's a really good instructor...he just isn't a good instructor for me anymore. If someone asked me to refer them somewhere though, and it was in my area of the world, I would send them to either Armen or Grand Master Kubota.

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 12:31 AM
sun dragon:

what question from the last page, i will answer i am just not sure which one you are referring to,, now as far as me thinking they are the best and everyone else sucks, it complete bull****,, i have never in any of my posts did i say ANYONE or any other martial arts suck, and i think even the ones here that are debating me will agree that i have never ever bashed any other instructor or school, i have trained in a few other styles around the world and i love them all, i think all martial arts have benefit for people, and there is no such thing as one being better than another, i sounds like you hate ussd or f.v.s.s.d. and think they suck,

sun dragon
07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
sun dragon:

what question from the last page, i will answer i am just not sure which one you are referring to,, now as far as me thinking they are the best and everyone else sucks, it complete bull****,, i have never in any of my posts did i say ANYONE or any other martial arts suck, and i think even the ones here that are debating me will agree that i have never ever bashed any other instructor or school, i have trained in a few other styles around the world and i love them all, i think all martial arts have benefit for people, and there is no such thing as one being better than another, i sounds like you hate ussd or f.v.s.s.d. and think they suck,

No thats what you imply.

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 12:41 AM
sun dragon go back and look at all my other posts and find where i diss even one school or instructor from a different school or style,, as you can see me and sinseishellie have been going back and forth and have been for a few weeks now, ask her, sinseishellie, have i ever said anything mean or derogitory towards another style or instructor, i might not be a part of f.v.s.s.d. but never said anything mean or derogatory about any of them either

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 12:42 AM
sun dragon: what is your experience with ussd what school did you go to? how long did you study with them,. and why do you feel they suck so bad?

SenseiShellie
07-09-2007, 12:47 AM
sun dragon go back and look at all my other posts and find where i diss even one school or instructor from a different school or style,, as you can see me and sinseishellie have been going back and forth and have been for a few weeks now, ask her, sinseishellie, have i ever said anything mean or derogitory towards another style or instructor, i might not be a part of f.v.s.s.d. but never said anything mean or derogatory about any of them either

You're right about not saying anything mean on this forum...however, you do imply it by the way you respond. I personally have said USSD is good at what it does (you can find it many times from me)...Kempo. The Shaolin part (DM's 27-108 plus everything starting with Sho Tung Quak) is made up by Fred Villari...where's the Shaolin? In addition to that, I have said before that Mr. Mattera is good at Kempo...

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 12:53 AM
i never said you said anything bad about fvvsd or ussd and if anyone take what i imply by defending ussd menaing that i think other schools or style or instructor as bad is wrong, i respect all styles and schools, and have said that in previous posts, i just think that people posting so many bad things about ussd on here is wrong and i will defend them,, you still haven't answered my private message i sent you

SenseiShellie
07-09-2007, 12:54 AM
That's because there is no private message from you in my mailbox...and now, you didn't say I said anything bad. I was just adding to make my post.

sun dragon
07-09-2007, 01:13 AM
sun dragon: what is your experience with ussd what school did you go to? how long did you study with them,. and why do you feel they suck so bad?

I work with them for them awhile but I left after I had 80 student and was getting paid $300 a week.
My DM kept saying they had all these bills to pay and I would get a bonus next quarter. After year of this B.S. I left and they said bad things that I stole money which I didn't. I was used and screwed over IMHO.
As for what school I trained at I would not tell a ussd instructor that considering I hear they beat up instructors that go against them. The have real good class don't they? They talked bad about instructors once they leave. He couldn't hack it, he didn't listen to us. I was at those friday meetings when instructors left and some red belt took over his school.
I feel they push people threw the ranks way to fast and I think only 3rd degrees should run their schools not some new 1 degree. They charge too much for testing. $225 A MONTH FOR CLASSES IS WAY OUT THERE FOR A 1ST OR 2ND DEGREE TO BE CHARGING.
They also claim your going to make all this money working for them. Never happens. You only windup in dept to the irs. For making $3 an hour while the DM drive nice cars living ofF your hard work. I've seen people loss there house and wifes from working at ussd. Plus they lie about that their art is shaolin. THERE IS NO SHAOLIN IN IT WHAT SO EVER!!!
They also lie about where they come from FRED VILLARI.
I don't know about you but when your instructor consistently lies to you that should be a good indication not to have anything to do with them. Also saying bad things about your friends gave me a bad feeling about these guys.

Are those good enough for you?
How about you SenseiShellie? What bad things did you see besides your dojo closeing that gave you a bad feeling to your stomack?

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 01:18 AM
how long did you work for them or when where you a student there? what school did you go to? and if you don't think a 1st degree should be an instructor why did you become one at 1st degree?

SenseiShellie
07-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Honestly, that was the worse for me...because then, everything I heard at district meetings came full circle, except this time, it was about me...and i heard about it through my old assistants that still had my cell number.

sun dragon
07-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Honestly, that was the worse for me...because then, everything I heard at district meetings came full circle, except this time, it was about me...and i heard about it through my old assistants that still had my cell number.

The same hear. Funny how quickly they toss you out.

sk girl
07-09-2007, 02:24 PM

Yeah they said never talk bad about your instructors but they talk bad about you. It was all the instructors fault NOT THE MASTER WHO TAUGHT YOU HOW TO RUN THE USSD SCHOOL!!!! :mad:Oh wait there the ones who taught you how to run the dojo:confused: They just dont want people to figure out that the USSD way of runing a school is not the best and you would be better off on your own or with someone else.

sk girl
07-09-2007, 02:31 PM
how long did you work for them or when where you a student there? what school did you go to? and if you don't think a 1st degree should be an instructor why did you become one at 1st degree?

You only see what you want to see wyat.
YOU INGNORING THE OTHER STUFF HE PUT ON THERE. YOU ACCUSED ME AS SAYING THAT ED PARKERS IS THE BEST STYLE WHEN I SAID PARKER IS BETTER THAN MATTERAS ART. You put words in peoples mouths and doge questions.

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
well if i claim that you said e.p. was better than anyones than for that i apologize because,, but i don't think you have the right or knowledge to speak of parkers style being better than matteras,

SenseiShellie
07-09-2007, 03:10 PM
i think they all have good styles of ken/mpo...the emphasis is different in places.

NJM
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM
well if i claim that you said e.p. was better than anyones than for that i apologize because,, but i don't think you have the right or knowledge to speak of parkers style being better than matteras,

And why doesn't he?

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM
i agree i think they both are good styles, where i don't agree is for someone to come on here and say one style is better than another period,, i don't think one style is the best or better than another style,, they all have there advantages and disadvantages

NJM
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
i agree i think they both are good styles, where i don't agree is for someone to come on here and say one style is better than another period,, i don't think one style is the best or better than another style,, they all have there advantages and disadvantages

But it's a made up style...

wyatt1970
07-09-2007, 03:49 PM
but aren't all styles made up at one point or another?

SenseiShellie
07-09-2007, 03:57 PM
But it's a made up style...

Although Villari/USSD/whatever sprung from those organizations versions of Shaolin Kempo are created by someone, they still come from a Kenpo background. The Kempo itself is a good system.

sk girl
07-10-2007, 03:19 PM

Its called freedom of speech USSD guy. So I can tell everyone how bad USSD treated me and how crappy their art is if I want. People have a right to know what goes on at USSD. If I can save them thousands of dollars for that over priced instructors college($15,000 is a joke for what you learn) and years of their lives being wasted for getting paid less then minimum wage I will.

I am training in Ed parkers Style now and it's WAY BETTER then Mattera bastar@#$ villari kempo art ever was. Thats called my opinion and if you don't like it don't read it. Go read other posts.

SenseiShellie
07-10-2007, 03:32 PM
and apparantly, that's that.

sun dragon
07-14-2007, 08:20 AM
175 would be a nice price, if that was still the price. it's 250 now. I could see paying that much to train with a Grand Master, but in most schools, that would never happen. Actually, wait! I do know of a Grand Master that only charges $100 each private class. His group classes are $75 a month. Why should someone have to pay 250 a month, in most cases, for a red belt to instruct them? Where's the value in that? I could see paying a red belt 150 a month to teach a private lesson a week.

also, what is wrong with someone having a different profession than just being a martial arts instructor? you're only seeing one person's perspective on that...I know of a few instructors that only teach a couple days a week because they ENJOY teaching. Maybe to some instructors it's not about the money, it's about the student enjoying what they are learning.

Yes, USSD is a business...just like any other business a certain profit must be met to make sure that people are happy working there. Unfortunately, there are a lot of business practices in both FVSSD and USSD that I would never want to be part of again...

I agree with you about the price being too high. I would pay a Grandmaster $175-200 a month for lesions but not a 1st or 2nd dan. I think $125 would be a better price for red belts and 1st -2nd degrees to charge. Most schools now charge $125 to $150 a month and some of them have 20 years of experience. So If your a chain school (McDojo) and you open up down the street from a 5th degree who's been teaching for 20 years and you charge $100 more a month for lesions then he does how long will you stay in business?

sun dragon
07-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Its called freedom of speech USSD guy. So I can tell everyone how bad USSD treated me and how crappy their art is if I want. People have a right to know what goes on at USSD. If I can save them thousands of dollars for that over priced instructors college($15,000 is a joke for what you learn) and years of their lives being wasted for getting paid less then minimum wage I will.

I am training in Ed parkers Style now and it's WAY BETTER then Mattera bastar@#$ villari kempo art ever was. Thats called my opinion and if you don't like it don't read it. Go read other posts.

Thank you for shutting that guy up.:) I am sick of hearing how great United Studios is. I think that $15,000 is outrageous for instructors college:eek: $2,000 is a good price not $15,000.
I think they should pay the instructors as employees not 1099's.

NJM
07-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Its called freedom of speech USSD guy.

Bout time!

John Takeshi
07-14-2007, 10:33 AM
I agree with you about the price being too high. I would pay a Grandmaster $175-200 a month for lesions...

Lesions? Like, from STD's? Seriously, my friend, you ought to reconsider your loyalties. Being loyal to your master to the point of committed outright murder in his name is all part of the deal, in my book. But you should never sleep with him out of loyalty, and you shouldn't have to pay for STD's, when other people are giving them away for free.

Education is the first step towards disease prevention. Fight the good fight, brother. And don't sleep with diseased men.

Actually, just don't sleep with men at all.

cjurakpt
07-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I think they should pay the instructors as employees not 1099's.
one way to solve this problem is for individual school owners to incorporate [e.g. - SK Girl, P.C.] , and deposit their paychecks into their corporate account; that way, you can pay for any business related expenses directly out of that account and never be taxed on it (car, clothing/uniform, food, cell phone, computer, etc. - basically anything that your school doesn't pay for that you have to shell out personally, as I am assuming the schools are incorporated and all the BS cr@p you have to buy from USSD comes out of the school's account - but if you personally have to shell out anything - like if there's no $$$ in the school's account - that you can deduct it, unless you are reimbursed), as you get to take those all as deductions and you avoid having to pay the social security tax as well, which is what really kills you if you are 1099; furthermore, you would only get taxed on what your actual personal draw was: so if you made $60K and took out only $30K a year to use for things you can't classify as a corporate expenditure (apartment rent, movie tickets, drunken binges with friends [unless you discuss your work, then it's a "business meeting"], etc.), that's the braket in which you are taxed as an individual; for example, I saved about $6K in SS tax the first year I incorporated compared to the year before when I was still 1099...

oh, and since USSD insists on paying you as 1099, they can't say anything about you incorporating - in fact, they wouldn't even have any way of knowing about it...and as it has no impact whatsoever on their bottom line, they really can't object at all...basically, the reason they want to pay as 1099 is that they don't have to deal with taking out taxes, and also don't have to pay medicare, worker's comp, stuff like that - but whether they pay an independent contractor (1099) check to you as an individual or "You" as a corporation has no impact on them whatsoever (I do this with all contract agencies I do PT with and none of them blinked an eye when I asked them to make the checks out to "Chris Jurak, PT, PC") - and also they are then no longer required to even provide you with an end of the year statement (W2), so it's less work for them...also, if you incorporate using your actual name, the same one that is on the USSD 1099 check, you probably wouldn't even have to tell USSD, you could just write in "PC" after your name on the check, or even just deposit it as is - since the corporate name would be the same as the name on the check, the bank probably won't even pay attention;

of course, this is all lay advice - you would ned to speak to your tax person for details as to how it would apply to you; they would also explain to you how to keep corporate books (easy) and also were to draw the line on deductions (and don't ever take a "home office" deduction - big red flag to IRS - just figure the amount of space in your pad that you use "exclusively" for business related work and deduct it as a percentage of your total rent); also, at least in NYS, it costs about $500 or so to set up a corp and also you would have to pay someone to do it for you, and there are probably some other fees I don't remember, but what you end up not paying in SS tax should more than make up for it...

TenTigers
07-15-2007, 07:02 AM
what are STD's, I mean aside from sexually transmitted diseases, in which case I probably wouldn't pay that much for them, as I can get those for free.:D

TenTigers
07-15-2007, 07:06 AM
oh, and honestly, before going all rah-rah about whether all kenpo is good, work out with a few Ed Parker, or Tracy Kenpo guys and then see if you would stiil even admit you went to usd or vilarri-the difference is like fine art compared to paint by numbers. You guys really have to get out there and see what the real stuff is. Do some research, check out some real Kung-Fu schools, and you would never say shaolin and kenpo together in the same breath.

sun dragon
07-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Lesions? Like, from STD's? Seriously, my friend, you ought to reconsider your loyalties. Being loyal to your master to the point of committed outright murder in his name is all part of the deal, in my book. But you should never sleep with him out of loyalty, and you shouldn't have to pay for STD's, when other people are giving them away for free.

Education is the first step towards disease prevention. Fight the good fight, brother. And don't sleep with diseased men.

Actually, just don't sleep with men at all.

LOL Your funny! My bad. Dang community college education. I majored in speileng can't you tell?

sun dragon
07-15-2007, 10:40 AM
oh, and honestly, before going all rah-rah about whether all kenpo is good, work out with a few Ed Parker, or Tracy Kenpo guys and then see if you would stiil even admit you went to usd or vilarri-the difference is like fine art compared to paint by numbers. You guys really have to get out there and see what the real stuff is. Do some research, check out some real Kung-Fu schools, and you would never say shaolin and kenpo together in the same breath.

Ahh very true!

sk girl
08-11-2007, 01:35 PM
one way to solve this problem is for individual school owners to incorporate [e.g. - SK Girl, P.C.] , and deposit their paychecks into their corporate account; that way, you can pay for any business related expenses directly out of that account and never be taxed on it (car, clothing/uniform, food, cell phone, computer, etc. - basically anything that your school doesn't pay for that you have to shell out personally, as I am assuming the schools are incorporated and all the BS cr@p you have to buy from USSD comes out of the school's account - but if you personally have to shell out anything - like if there's no $$$ in the school's account - that you can deduct it, unless you are reimbursed), as you get to take those all as deductions and you avoid having to pay the social security tax as well, which is what really kills you if you are 1099; furthermore, you would only get taxed on what your actual personal draw was: so if you made $60K and took out only $30K a year to use for things you can't classify as a corporate expenditure (apartment rent, movie tickets, drunken binges with friends [unless you discuss your work, then it's a "business meeting"], etc.), that's the braket in which you are taxed as an individual; for example, I saved about $6K in SS tax the first year I incorporated compared to the year before when I was still 1099...

oh, and since USSD insists on paying you as 1099, they can't say anything about you incorporating - in fact, they wouldn't even have any way of knowing about it...and as it has no impact whatsoever on their bottom line, they really can't object at all...basically, the reason they want to pay as 1099 is that they don't have to deal with taking out taxes, and also don't have to pay medicare, worker's comp, stuff like that - but whether they pay an independent contractor (1099) check to you as an individual or "You" as a corporation has no impact on them whatsoever (I do this with all contract agencies I do PT with and none of them blinked an eye when I asked them to make the checks out to "Chris Jurak, PT, PC") - and also they are then no longer required to even provide you with an end of the year statement (W2), so it's less work for them...also, if you incorporate using your actual name, the same one that is on the USSD 1099 check, you probably wouldn't even have to tell USSD, you could just write in "PC" after your name on the check, or even just deposit it as is - since the corporate name would be the same as the name on the check, the bank probably won't even pay attention;

of course, this is all lay advice - you would ned to speak to your tax person for details as to how it would apply to you; they would also explain to you how to keep corporate books (easy) and also were to draw the line on deductions (and don't ever take a "home office" deduction - big red flag to IRS - just figure the amount of space in your pad that you use "exclusively" for business related work and deduct it as a percentage of your total rent); also, at least in NYS, it costs about $500 or so to set up a corp and also you would have to pay someone to do it for you, and there are probably some other fees I don't remember, but what you end up not paying in SS tax should more than make up for it...

Thanks for the advice.

When I open my on school I will have less problems then I had with ussd.
For one, the money will go to the person doing all the work ME!!!!
2 I wont give out belts like they do at ussd.
3 It will be affordable martial arts. Not rip you and your family off martial arts.

sk girl
08-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Yeah Ed Parkers blue belts are better then mattera's ussd's black belts.

sk girl
08-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I heard a rumor that Mattera is retiring from USSD after the shaolin monks next week and is selling off each USSD territory to his district managers.
Has anyone here heard anything about this?

SenseiShellie
08-19-2007, 12:15 AM
I heard a rumor that Mattera is retiring from USSD after the shaolin monks next week and is selling off each USSD territory to his district managers.

I haven't heard anything...

sun dragon
08-29-2007, 05:48 PM

MMMM... That would make sense if he did sell it off to his master instructors, not that it would be a good thing for the instructors or students. No oversight on what the master instructors are doing.

sk girl
11-03-2007, 07:57 AM
MMMM... That would make sense if he did sell it off to his master instructors, not that it would be a good thing for the instructors or students. No oversight on what the master instructors are doing.

It would be great if ussd just closed down!!:D

sun dragon
11-17-2007, 09:32 PM
It would be great if ussd just closed down!!:D

I agree. :)

ktkungfu
11-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree with cjurakpt.

Ahh so I can join the shaolin temple with my fake shaolin kempo art as long I have money?

i wonder where mattera thought of that idea to lie about what you teach for money and fame?

ktkungfu
11-02-2008, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=David Jamieson;763631]sleazy is as sleazy does.

recognize.

Man you described charles mattera to the tee.

ktkungfu
11-02-2008, 11:15 AM

Yes this ussd whole shaolin claim. See we are with the shaolin temple but are ussd pinons and katas are not.