PDA

View Full Version : Choi Lei Fut Videos

mokkori
05-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Just thought some may like to see these. Enjoy! :) :) :)

Choi Lei Fut Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kdDD-DV2gM

Choi Lei Fut Chan Heung Ancestoral Hall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zOTEk_nBDY

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5u2CtmtZQ

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvsdRvDdZE

Choi Lei Fut Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlMc_88Qn0

Choi Lei Fut Parade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcMKjAOh7CU

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJZI3L5U_Y

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJYCoVEUTE

And more will be posted soon!

hskwarrior
05-14-2007, 07:18 AM
:d :d :d :d

extrajoseph
05-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Frank,

As the Polish sifu said in Chasing Dream 2, it is not only about fighting but also about Chinese culture and learning tolerance and it keeps us fit and healthy.

So take it easy hskwarrior, what is good for Chan Heung's descendants is also good for you and for CLF. For a start, you could have been there learning the monkey pole and meeting up with some of these lovely CLF ladies from all over the world.

:d :d :d :d

hskwarrior
05-14-2007, 09:16 AM
kiss me joseph. i love you:D

hskwarrior
05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
oh i thought you knew joseph....

my lineage has nothing to do with chan heung except he was one of jeong yims teachers.

so what good for me would come from chan heung's lineage? im not from there?:confused:

hskwarrior
05-14-2007, 09:19 AM
what would learning the monkey pole do for me that my own staff sets can't?

act like a monkey? why do i want to act like a monkey? how do you know that the monkey pole is effective?

from a realistic point of view.......some were looking darn silly imitating monkeys with fleas.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Hi Frank,

It only looked darn silly imitating monkeys with fleas because you don't have the imagination nor the skill to realize that the hand that scratch the fleas could be the same hand that scratch your eye balls and the silly roll on the ground could be the same roll under your crotch and smash the fleas on your other balls.

You are the one who talked about the Five Animals but you have no idea why they are the core of Shaolin Kung Fu (and that is why CLF was called Fut Gar Jing Zhong or the authentic Shaolin family style because we have the animal forms). You are the one who talked about "Yat Gar" but you have no idea what "One Family" means. You just smahed everything like a bull out of a china shop and then called yourself a hskwarrior, but I don't think you 'd know what a real warrior looks like when you come across one.

You are the one who is looking darn silly turning poor Jeong Yim into a CLF clown. He deserved better.

Joseph

Terrygrey
05-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Just thought some may like to see these. Enjoy! :) :) :)

Choi Lei Fut Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kdDD-DV2gM

Choi Lei Fut Chan Heung Ancestoral Hall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zOTEk_nBDY

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5u2CtmtZQ

Choi Lei Fut International Gathering 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvsdRvDdZE

Choi Lei Fut Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjlMc_88Qn0

Choi Lei Fut Parade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcMKjAOh7CU

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJZI3L5U_Y

Choi Lei Fut Chasing Dreams 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJYCoVEUTE

And more will be posted soon!

Hey Mokkori,
Excellent stuff there! Nice to see choi lee fut having such a strong group of practitioners. Can you post some more videos please?

Terrygrey
05-15-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi Frank,

It only looked darn silly imitating monkeys with fleas because you don't have the imagination nor the skill to realize that the hand that scratch the fleas could be the same hand that scratch your eye balls and the silly roll on the ground could be the same roll under your crotch and smash the fleas on your other balls.

You are the one who talked about the Five Animals but you have no idea why they are the core of Shaolin Kung Fu (and that is why CLF was called Fut Gar Jing Zhong or the authentic Shaolin family style because we have the animal forms). You are the one who talked about "Yat Gar" but you have no idea what "One Family" means. You just smahed everything like a bull out of a china shop and then called yourself a hskwarrior, but I don't think you 'd know what a real warrior looks like when you come across one.

You are the one who is looking darn silly turning poor Jeong Yim into a CLF clown. He deserved better.

Joseph

Hi Joseph,
Can you talk some more of the five animals of clf? I assume you are talking about the same five animals of shaolin dragon, tiger, leopard, crane and snake and since Hung gar is suppose to be shaolin originated it makes sense clf and hung gar have the same five animals.
Are they expressed similarly in clf as in hung gar, any notable differences in interpretation?

Re:You are the one who talked about the Five Animals but you have no idea why they are the core of Shaolin Kung Fu (and that is why CLF was called Fut Gar Jing Zhong or the authentic Shaolin family style because we have the animal forms).

So far this is how I see it : so if the five animals being the core of shaolin kung fu, any derivative of shaolin kung fu like hung gar and clf should have these five animals otherwise they have "lost' the core of the original system.

Especially ironic if someone calls their system fut gar jing zhong authentic shaolin family style, and they are missing the five animals which are the "core" of the shaolin system! A case of an offshoot not living up to its desired "name"?

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Any martial arts style or tradition is like a tree, it has the roots, the trunk, the stems and the branches, the further it is away from the roots and the trunk, the less substance it has and more diluted it gets.

The sad part about CLF is that we still have the roots and the trunk intack, but instead of drinking from the source, some people like our Frank here tries constantly to cut up its roots and chip away the trunk.

Little did they know if they succeed in doing that, then they not only will destroy the art and the tradition, but they will destroy themselves as well.

But because right now the roots and the trunk are really strong and healthy, there is no way that they will succeed, so they tried very hard, for whatever reasons, to change the history and change the name and even tried to discredit the descendants of the founder and replace the village where the art has its birthplace from King Mui to Fut San.

They do not appreciate that it is a rare situation that a traditional CMA managed to survive intact for more than 200 years and still thriving both inside and outside of China; they should support it instead of trying to weaken or to destroy it.

If they don't have the five animal forms (the history and the art of Shaolin Temple is well written and the Ng Ying Kuen is at the core of its system as we all know) then it is as easy as hop on a plane and go to the source to learn them. There is no need to burrow things from other styles whether north or south, internal or external, the full art is still there and intact, both written down and being taught in and outside China. All one has to do is to be humble, go and ask and you shall be given for we all belong to the same tree and the same family and we all know that the more people practice the art well the more chance it will survive and continue for another 200 years.

If you don't want to learn more then practice what you have already, there is no need to insult practitioners from another branch or Chan Heung's descendants just because you came from a difference lineage and do different things.

Sure, there will always be competitions but the competition should be a healthy and constructive one, not accusing others doing things that they did not do, like Frank's insistance that Chen Yong-Fa's group does Wushu CLF. Frank, do you really think one of Chan Heung's direct descendant will allow that to happen? Get real!

Thanks Mokkori for posting the clips and thanks Terrygrey for your interest.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 06:37 AM
"Can you talk some more of the five animals of clf? I assume you are talking about the same five animals of shaolin dragon, tiger, leopard, crane and snake and since Hung gar is suppose to be shaolin originated it makes sense clf and hung gar have the same five animals.

Are they expressed similarly in clf as in hung gar, any notable differences in interpretation?"

Sorry Terrygrey, in my ranting I forgot to answer your original question. Since I don’t do Hung Gar, I cannot compare the two styles but in Chapter 112 of the CLF fighting manual, there mentioned the origin and the meaning of the Ng Ying Kuen. I am sue there are similarities for both Hung Gar and CLF have a similar root.

Chan Heung said this Shaolin skill was passed down by Bak Yuk-Feng, originally it was meant to strengthen the body then over time it evolved into sets of effective fighting skills based on cultivating the “Shen” Spirit (Dragon), the “Gui” Bones (Tiger), the “Lik” Strength (Leopard), the “Chi” Breath (Snake) and the “Jing” Essence (Crane).

Then it goes to describe the characteristics of each animal and how to train them. The idea is that the body needs to be strong, the Chi needs to be full, the hands need to be quick, the footwork needs to be stable, the eyes sharp and the courage fearless then with one finger and half a step, one can subdue a crowd…

The chapter also talked about the changes in the Shaolin Temple during the Ming Dynasty and how the art is spread to the four corners of China after it was burnt down. It then named the monks and martial artists at that time contributed to the development of Shaolin martial arts and their influence on CLF. For example Cheung Yat-Chun passed down the art of finger striking in the snake form via Fung Yat-Yun with the 36 Hands (Sarm Sup Luk Sau) and so forth.

Because we also have the Lohan Hands, which was influenced by the Five Animals Frolic, we also have extra five animals to make up the ten animals forms, etc. This chapter went on for a few more pages but I don’t have the time to translate all. I hope it satisfies your curiosity for the time being.

Joseph

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Joe, Bro:d , Are You Upset About Something?

Explain To Me Something Joseph.............

If My Lineage Is Different Than Yours, Material Is Different Than Yours, Execution, Flow, Application, And Basically Everything Minus The Basics Is Different Than You Branch.............

Then Why Would I Want To Learn Any Other Choy Lee Fut When I'm Happy With My Branches Material?

Go Ahead Joe Bro, Learn Move Like A Monkey, Scratch Dem Fleas..........its Cool With Me. Personally, Its Not My Cup Of Tea.

I Like The Fighting Aspects Of My Branch Joe Bro. Forms Are Fun, Speaking Of Forms........what Number Is That Monkey Form? Are There More Than 200 Yet? The Numbers Keep Rising, Why Is That?

You Learn The Monkey Stick. Its Good For You.

I'll Stick To Researching The Yuen Hai Lineage. In Fact, For The First Time In Over 80, I've Found A School In Hk That Has The Exact Same Hoi Jongs And Closings That Is Found In Lau Bun Lineage. Thats Not Something I Can Find In Chan Family.

Oh, We Got An Um Ying Kuen............you Got One, So Does The Lee Koon Hung Lineage, And Im Sure Some Others, And All Are Different To Each Other. Ours Is Shaolin, But Isn't Originally Clf. But Then Again Neither Is Chan Fam's Gung Gi Fook Fu.

But If Anyone Is Going To Place A High Level Of Importance On Forms Over Learning To Use The System, If My Choices Were 200 Forms Over Buk Sings 3 Forms.........i'd Pick Buk Sing. They Have A Great Fighting Reputation. Elders Like Those You Claim To Have No Knowledge Of Are Now In The Spotlight.

Remember How You Said You Never Heard Of Kong Hing? Since The Emergence Of Him On Youtube, People Now Are Knowing Why Kong Hing Is So Respected.

Fortunately, My Hung Sing Lineage Resembles Buk Sing In How They Approach Our Clf, Hell, Buk Sing "is" Hung Sing. The Two Are Not Separate. So, Bro Joe, I'm Happy With My Hsk Gung Fu.

No Monkey Sticks...........:d

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Joe......bro........did You Just Admit That At One Point Clf Was Called Fut Gar Jing Zhong?

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Oh And Joseph,

I'm Not Worried About Your Rantings. I've Been Promoting A More Unified Clf In Honor Of Our Three Founders (chan Heung, Jeong Yim And Tam Sam). I've Been Contacted By Many Figures In The Chan Fam Lineage, All Complimenting Me On My Quest For Unity Amongst Clf.

So Rant On If You Like. You Started With Me, But Unlike Me In The Past, I Won't Argue With You Anymore. You Can Believe What You Like.

But It's Also My Choice Not To Want To Learn Anything Outside My Branches Material. See, I'd Pick Up Sets From Other Hung Sing Lineages Before I Start Learning Chan Fam Stuff.

Who Knows Maybe I Would Learn Something From That Branch In Honor Of My Quest To Promote Unity. But Not Right Now.:d

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 07:10 AM
Joe, Bro:d , Are You Upset About Something?

Explain To Me Something Joseph.............

If My Lineage Is Different Than Yours, Material Is Different Than Yours, Execution, Flow, Application, And Basically Everything Minus The Basics Is Different Than You Branch.............

Then Why Would I Want To Learn Any Other Choy Lee Fut When I'm Happy With My Branches Material?

Dear Frank,

Everything is built from the basics and then go back to the basics, in between we can have as many variations and expressions as we want. So your branch is no different to our trunk. We are part of the same tree.

You know as well as I do the level of skill has nothing to do with how many forms or weapons we have learned, it has to do with how well we have mastered our basics, learning and doing a form is just one way to make us train harder and improve our skill without getting bored.

If you don't want to learn any more then just practice what you have got, but please don't tell us that we are different for that would mean one of us is not doing CLF.

BTW, please don't make up things. I have never said I have not heard of Kong Hing. I know the Lacey brothers probably long before you started Kung Fu! They are good friends with Chen Yong-Fa so please try not to dig up dirts between them because you won't succeed.

Joseph

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:13 AM
LEMME CORRECTCHA DERE BRATHA......:eek:

i mistakenly said chan yong fa's school when i meant chan fam side of clf. i corrected myself, and NEVER insisted it was that school specfically. so you are twisting my words. the forms the wu shu performers were doing are chan fam related material. not buk sing or hung sing.

so where was i wrong in assuming it was chan fam wu shu? much of these vids have wu shu flair.

but thats what you're good at huh? but i don't care what fam Yiu or Iu come from.

have a nice day:D

B-Rad
05-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Since The Emergence Of Him On Youtube, People Now Are Knowing Why Kong Hing Is So Respected
Just curious if you can give a link to this, as I couldn't find him with a search. Sounds interesting :)

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:17 AM
he's on one of the buk sing vid clips. he's demo-ing the chop choy and included a backwards sweep, at least in that clip. but i'll find it.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:26 AM
but since this is a clf vid clip thread.........

this is the reason i'm proud to be hung sing..........since hung sing and buk sing are the same..............they represent very well.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfgLD0Vw-I

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:28 AM
since i never said anything to insult you nor the chan family joseph,

your focus on me shows you need some poosie.:rolleyes:

let loose some of that chi.:eek:

stop harassing me.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Oh And Joseph,

I'm Not Worried About Your Rantings. I've Been Promoting A More Unified Clf In Honor Of Our Three Founders (chan Heung, Jeong Yim And Tam Sam). I've Been Contacted By Many Figures In The Chan Fam Lineage, All Complimenting Me On My Quest For Unity Amongst Clf.

So Rant On If You Like. You Started With Me, But Unlike Me In The Past, I Won't Argue With You Anymore. You Can Believe What You Like.

But It's Also My Choice Not To Want To Learn Anything Outside My Branches Material. See, I'd Pick Up Sets From Other Hung Sing Lineages Before I Start Learning Chan Fam Stuff.

Who Knows Maybe I Would Learn Something From That Branch In Honor Of My Quest To Promote Unity. But Not Right Now.:d

Get this straight, Frank.

The founder of CLF is Chan Heung, Jeong Yim and Tam Sam are some of the branch leaders and there are also others. They are the brave heroes of CLF but there is only one founder, so please don't try to chop up our roots!

The birthplace of CLF is King Mui and not Fut San and there are other places of pilgrimage just as important as Futsan; Kong Moon and Guangzhou for example.

If you want to promote a more unified CLF, then please speak about others with more respect and don't try to dig up dirts between the elders or try to change the founding history of CLF. It won't work.

As you said it yourself, the world is watching us.

Joseph

B-Rad
05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Cool, thanks :)

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:34 AM
ok joseph you win.

have it your way.......:rolleyes:

argue all you want. rant on man.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:37 AM
it funny since this is always coming from...........YOU!

no one else.

everything you refer to is chan fam clf. my lineage includes Lee Yau San.....Chan Heung......and Monk Ching Cho.

while your clf is.......choy fook, and Lee Yau San. your clf's FUT represents shaolin roots. Our FUT represens Monk Ching Cho.

see the difference?

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 07:42 AM
but since this is a clf vid clip thread.........

this is the reason i'm proud to be hung sing..........since hung sing and buk sing are the same..............they represent very well.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfgLD0Vw-I

Dear Frank,

As for me, I am just proud to be a CLF man, not chan fam, hung sing, bak sing, dong sing or nam sing and we do represent well... so please, no more chan fam this and hung sing that; bak sing this and fut sing that...

Just gwa sow and charp, if you know what I mean.

Joseph

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:45 AM
see, for history purposes......

jeong yim went to fut san cause ching cho asked to go. there was a fut san based Hung Mun there. In 1851, he formerly established his hung sing kwoon which was comprised of many hung sing kwoons getting ready for the revolution. not because chan heung sent him.

the date you dfw says (1867) chan heung sent jeong yim to fut san,,,,,,wrong. jeong yim returned to fut san after fleeing to hong kong in 1864 when the ching were after him.

so our roots have ching cho. and he isn't choy fook...................

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 07:48 AM
it funny since this is always coming from...........YOU!

no one else.

everything you refer to is chan fam clf. my lineage includes Lee Yau San.....Chan Heung......and Monk Ching Cho.

while your clf is.......choy fook, and Lee Yau San. your clf's FUT represents shaolin roots. Our FUT represens Monk Ching Cho.

see the difference?

Hi Frank,

There it goes again, I wonder how long it will take for you to mention that Green Grass jelly...

It didn't take long, did it?

:D

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:49 AM
dear joseph,

you say you are not a hung sing , buk sing or chan family man but you are clf man.

yet you propagate chan fam version, and totally leave out the other two major contributers to clf's evolution. but thats how YOU keep it tilted in your favor.

and now after your rantings you say lets forget it? are you feeling okay?

let it drop. you started with me. i never mentioned your infernal name. flame boy.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:50 AM
i don't need green grass jelly, i like green grass brownies.:D

oh and cookies, and butter, suckers.......some many grreat things come from green grass.:D

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 07:54 AM
whats it going to be this time joseph.

im waiting

Terrygrey
05-15-2007, 08:14 AM
Any martial arts style or tradition is like a tree, it has the roots, the trunk, the stems and the branches, the further it is away from the roots and the trunk, the less substance it has and more diluted it gets.

The sad part about CLF is that we still have the roots and the trunk intack, but instead of drinking from the source, some people like our Frank here tries constantly to cut up its roots and chip away the trunk.

Hi Joseph,
I agree. As time passes more and more stuff gets lost, and its a real shame.

I wouldn't be too worried about the trouble makers though. Especially when the group from the source is so strong. Show the rest of the world some good stuff, its not hard to see who has the goods and who doesn't.

Its interesting that the ones who make the loudest noise are probably the ones who don't have the goods but want to stand on the same platform.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:15 AM
nice:D :D :D

Eddie
05-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks ladies :rolleyes: . As usual these internet arguments you have actually contains some really cool info which we know wouldn’t normally be so accessible. :D

I actually like it when you two fight. The amount of knowledge we gain from this, is amazing. ;)

Keep up the good work, both of you.

And Extrajoseph sir, we missed you around this forum. Good to have you back :cool:

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:17 AM
its kinda funny when joseph pops up, he always seems to have some one at his side either agreeing with him, or pumping up his ego.

can anyone see that? it's happened now more than once, twice, three times a lady.....oh sorry got caught up in the moment.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:21 AM
and if this guy keeps going, i'll know exactly who he is.

i hope he's not, cause the last guy got banned more than once.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 08:24 AM
dear joseph,

you say you are not a hung sing , buk sing or chan family man but you are clf man.

yet you propagate chan fam version, and totally leave out the other two major contributers to clf's evolution. but thats how YOU keep it tilted in your favor.

and now after your rantings you say lets forget it? are you feeling okay?

let it drop. you started with me. i never mentioned your infernal name. flame boy.

Dear Frank,

I don't propagate the Chan Fam version of the history, I just use my common sense and my research to tell the difference. Do you think the Chinese government and thier media would say King Mui is the birthplace of CLF and Chan Heung is the founder if they don't have solid evidence?

If Cheung Yim founded CLF with Chan Heung, how come the current Futsan branch has to come to Kong Moon and Guangzhou to learn their stuff and then teach the foreigners? If the Chan Family has the Kuen Po and the written history, how come the Cheung family don't have any? Have you been to Cheung Yim's village like I did? For an important figure like the co-founder they don't even know where he was buried or exactly when he died.

Cheung Yim don't have any direct descendants yet Chan Heung managed to continue for five generations of father to son transmission, and look at the revival now.

So please don't wait for me, just get us some evidence and convince us that Cheung Yim co-founded CLF. So far you are pi$$ing in the wind my friend, historically, anthropologically and technically.

Did you say you want to promote a more unified CLF? Green Grass Jelly will make a good dessert but not a lubricant for unification.:D

Joseph

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
im not going into this with you dude.

its no good for clf. and your face is showing.

Terrygrey
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Chan Heung said this Shaolin skill was passed down by Bak Yuk-Feng, originally it was meant to strengthen the body then over time it evolved into sets of effective fighting skills based on cultivating the “Shen” Spirit (Dragon), the “Gui” Bones (Tiger), the “Lik” Strength (Leopard), the “Chi” Breath (Snake) and the “Jing” Essence (Crane).

Then it goes to describe the characteristics of each animal and how to train them. The idea is that the body needs to be strong, the Chi needs to be full, the hands need to be quick, the footwork needs to be stable, the eyes sharp and the courage fearless then with one finger and half a step, one can subdue a crowd…

The chapter also talked about the changes in the Shaolin Temple during the Ming Dynasty and how the art is spread to the four corners of China after it was burnt down. It then named the monks and martial artists at that time contributed to the development of Shaolin martial arts and their influence on CLF. For example Cheung Yat-Chun passed down the art of finger striking in the snake form via Fung Yat-Yun with the 36 Hands (Sarm Sup Luk Sau) and so forth.

Because we also have the Lohan Hands, which was influenced by the Five Animals Frolic, we also have extra five animals to make up the ten animals forms, etc. This chapter went on for a few more pages but I don’t have the time to translate all. I hope it satisfies your curiosity for the time being.

Joseph

Hi Joseph,
This is some great stuff! Now thats what I need in my kung fu pursuit. Some authentic shaolin documentation and knowledge!
I remember some reference to an early 20th century book which had similar information on shaolin chuan fa, talking about bak yuk fung and the shaolin five animals. Its title I'm not sure but was probably like "The secrets of shaolin quan fa", it even had the names and short description of the 18 lohan hands! A large part is pictures of various postures divided into sections for the five shaolin animals.

If you have the time, can you talk some more on what's recorded on the five animals from the manual?
Hung gar has a sup ying kuen, but the first five is the shaolin five animals and the other five is the five elements. Can you talk more on the other five animals of clf? I would be very interested in as much as you can share.

Cheers,
TG

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:30 AM
people listen to him..........

if you believe joseph now........you're fools.

you just said Jeong Yim has no descendants?

then can you explain who was it in Jeong Yim's village that Doc Fai Wong went and visited?

you say there were no descendants............but according to our history Jeong Yim had two sons and was married to Chan Kay.

what are you doing here joseph?

you have no clue about the fut san hsk history. only what you were told by your father. but you keep talking as if you know our history. you know what was told to you from the other side of the street.

get it straight, or don't say anything at all. you are putting out lies about jeong yim not having descendants.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
No descendants that would continued the tradition. That doen't sound like a co-founder doesn't it? You would think Cheung Yim's family would do it for at least one generation and they would fight for the title, especially now.

Yet Chan Heung got his village all over the place teaching CLF and made sure that his children's children's children do the same. You figure that one out Frank.

Doc Fai went there just like me, he wanted to know for sure as well.

What have you done for your research Frank, except reading propaganda from Fut San?

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:40 AM
joseph,

i would like to hear your explanation to.....if all clf stemms from chan heung, then how do you explain why chan family, hung sing, and lee koon hung lineages all teach this set, but none are the same.

if all clf came from chan heung........then all branches of clf should practice the exact same forms. true?

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:43 AM
jeong yim had chan ngau sing to carry on for him, and his great grand daught is still carrying on the tradition.

are you saying that jeong yim would have taught chan ngau sing differently if he his sons were still alive? are you saying jeong yim kept chan family clf, took it to his grave while he taught chan ngau sing something different?

im sure you'll say jeong yim chan ngau sing this or that........but chan ngau sing was jeong yim's descendant.

Tso Chi han is chan ngau sings great granddaughter.

she is found on my fut san hsk vid tribute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9YoDhh7RU

Terrygrey
05-15-2007, 08:48 AM
its kinda funny when joseph pops up, he always seems to have some one at his side either agreeing with him, or pumping up his ego.

can anyone see that? it's happened now more than once, twice, three times a lady.....oh sorry got caught up in the moment.

hskwarrior,
You can think what you want. I've read this forum long enough to have seen your many exploits.

How far? Far enough to see you accuse extrajoseph= kennyfist= serpent=?

Oh, and I think Doo Wai has accused me of = jim lacey guys ha ha

I'm not sure what your agenda is, but it 'appears' you like to take subtle shots at chen yong fa like in your clf wushu thread. I guess you provoke.

I'm interested in what has been said about shaolin five animals, and I want to learn more.

I've seen enough of what you posted in the past that shows how much you don't know, and how much you don't have. So don't pretend.

I'm not going to pretend to be "neutral". I call it how I see it. I think Chan Heung is the true founder of clf, I don't care how much of the green grass garbage you bring in because if it has "authentic shaolin" labelled on the system then it should have the shaolin five animals intact in the system. Just like Hung Gar does.

Your "lineage" doesn't, right? So I consider it a low level offshoot, a diluted version.
Not interested in your opinions as you don't seem to know much about the shaolin five animals in clf.
Just my opinions.You don't like that ? Tough!

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
so you went there as well.

did you find anyone? talk to anyone?

i know what doc fai wong told me....

let's hear if your version matches his.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:54 AM
terrygrey.......kennyfist......or whoever you are.

i'm not interested in speaking with you. i don't know you.

this is between me and joseph as it always is.

you are on the band wagon like kenny fist, so leave it alone. or you'll get banned.

prove you ain't kennyfist and let this be.....between me an joseph. period.

thats the last i'll say to you.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 08:58 AM
and for the RECORD.......

taking shots is like saying he sucked. i don't like his movement. i don't think this.. or he's not that.......or what the F ever.

all i said was i noticed wu shu coming from the chan side of clf. its not coming from hsk, or bs. so i wanted to know if clf wu shu was the next step in evolution.

never said i didn't like it. never said anything negative at all.

so anything negative directed at me for asking a question....one that i corrected myself with, can kiss my arse.

show me where i insulted him? show me muthafocker!!!!!!!:mad:

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 09:01 AM
yeah, tread lightly terrygrey......kennyfist.

im going to let the moderator know so he can keep his eye on you.;)

you are showing your face bra.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi Joseph,
Hung gar has a sup ying kuen, but the first five is the shaolin five animals and the other five is the five elements. Can you talk more on the other five animals of clf? I would be very interested in as much as you can share.
Cheers,
TG

Dear TG,

The CLF sup ying kuen are

Dragon
Tiger
Snake
Leopard
Crane
Lion
Horse
Deer
Monkey
Elephan

Then there are the combined ng ying kuen (five animals) and the combined da sup ying kuen (ten animals). It also has the long fu kuen (Dragon and Tiger) plus quite a few two men animal forms like bak mo v hok ying, fu ying v long ying, ma ying v jeung ying etc.

Then there are the sounds that go with the ng ying, like waik for tiger, dik for leopard, yik for dragon, har for snake and hok for crane. Each sound has a particular movement that goes with it as well, like tiger claw (single or double fu jow) with waik, flying kick with dik, double spear fists (seung jin choi) with yik, yum charp with har and crane's beak or nail fingers with hok.

They are the trade mark or hidden sound and sign (bil sik) for CLF. One can recognise each other from these gestures.

Joseph

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 09:14 AM
joseph,

i would like to hear your explanation to.....if all clf stemms from chan heung, then how do you explain why chan family, hung sing, and lee koon hung lineages all teach this set, but none are the same.

if all clf came from chan heung........then all branches of clf should practice the exact same forms. true?

Dear Frank,

You need to understand in CLF there are the basics and the principles, they don't change because they are the seeds and they are what made us unique. Then there are the different branch styles and they change according to the locality and the teacher running the show over time, then finally there are the personal difference and the personal preferences, they varied a lot.

I studied with a number of CLF teachers and even though they all came from more or less the same area, they varied a lot in the way they do their MA and because of their personality and their body type they prefer to do and teach you different things. How many teachers have you lerned from Frank, to know the variety of self expressions?

Have you been to Guangzhou, to Kong Moon, to Futsan, to Sun Wun, to King Mui to Guangxi and to Siu Bak as well as to Hong Kong, Australia, Spain, Chili, Finland, Poland, Mexico, the UK and the States etc etc to see the different CLF teachers like I did?

We are one big family of individuals, so don't expect us all do the same thing. But when you see CLF you'll know it is CLF!

Joseph

Terrygrey
05-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Dear TG,

The CLF sup ying kuen are

Dragon
Tiger
Snake
Leopard
Crane
Lion
Horse
Deer
Monkey
Elephan

Then there are the combined ng ying kuen (five animals) and the combined da sup ying kuen (ten animals). It also has the long fu kuen (Dragon and Tiger) plus quite a few two men animal forms like bak mo v hok ying, fu ying v long ying, ma ying v jeung ying etc.

Then there are the sounds that go with the ng ying, like waik for tiger, dik for leopard, yik for dragon, har for snake and hok for crane. Each sound has a particular movement that goes with it as well, like tiger claw (single or double fu jow) with waik, flying kick with dik, double spear fists (seung jin choi) with yik, yum charp with har and crane's beak or nail fingers with hok.

They are the trade mark or hidden sound and sign (bil sik) for CLF. One can recognise each other from these gestures.

Joseph

Dear Joseph,
Thanks, much appreciated. You mentioned the manual talks about the characteristics of each animal and how to train them.
I wonder if you can describe what it says in particular for the dragon. The reason I ask is normally we associate the dragon with smooth flowing motion, but the Hung Gar version we have in the sup ying is not at all like a 'swimming dragon' fluid. It is more stop start, and I'm not sure if wong fei hung developed it to act as a bridge between the fu hok and the tiet sin kuen.

Does it say if there is a particular hand shape for the dragon? Through the entire dragon section of HG sup ying but I can't assign a particular hand shape to be representative of "dragon" in the five animal. As I learn it, HG "dragon" expression has no dragon claws.

Cheers,

TG.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
you want to learn other peoples expressions, thats your business.

i can only focus on my own expressions, and that of my students.

i could care less about other peoples expressions. it has nothing to do with mine.

how many teahcers did i have, for more than 25 years-1, since 2001 -2.

martial arts period has been in my life since i ws 5. in no stranger to it.

and there is nothing in clf that is unique to clf. how bout that?

hung ga, whitecrane, even hop ga have strong similarities to choy lee fut.

except the nine dragon trident;)

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 09:28 AM
scary terry,

i said to you to point out where i insulted chan yong fa, or mocked him, or even said anything negative about the man.

what's wrong? you got nothing to say now?:mad:

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 09:29 AM
also joseph, nice way to skirt two questions i asked you;)

typical of you.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 09:35 AM
and for the RECORD.......

taking shots is like saying he sucked. i don't like his movement. i don't think this.. or he's not that.......or what the F ever.

all i said was i noticed wu shu coming from the chan side of clf. its not coming from hsk, or bs. so i wanted to know if clf wu shu was the next step in evolution.

so anything negative directed at me for asking a question....one that i corrected myself with, can kiss my arse.

show me where i insulted him? show me muthafocker!!!!!!!:mad:

Dear Frank,

The chan side and the hsk side is not like a black and white line that you can divide us like the old berlin wall and you'd know modern wushu is not something the tradtionists would like to do, so what are you implying? The next step is wushu and forget our roots? I interpret that as being insulting.

Joseph

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 09:41 AM
so if it insults you then why is wu shu doing chan fam clf. that should upset you.

it was posted publicly on youtube. i am ENTITLED to ask a question.

who are you to be upset that i asked a question about material not from hung sing or buk sing is going wu shu?

so fuk off it that bothered you. i don't care. there was no ill intentions in my questioning where clf is going in regards to wu shu.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 09:43 AM
chan fam and hung sing is a can or worms that should be sealed.

so let it go.

or you and i could go on like this for days, months or years. i don't care. i never backed down from in the past and i never will.

you started this man.
what do you want to do?

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Dear Joseph,
Thanks, much appreciated. You mentioned the manual talks about the characteristics of each animal and how to train them.
I wonder if you can describe what it says in particular for the dragon. The reason I ask is normally we associate the dragon with smooth flowing motion, but the Hung Gar version we have in the sup ying is not at all like a 'swimming dragon' fluid. It is more stop start, and I'm not sure if wong fei hung developed it to act as a bridge between the fu hok and the tiet sin kuen.

Does it say if there is a particular hand shape for the dragon? Through the entire dragon section of HG sup ying but I can't assign a particular hand shape to be representative of "dragon" in the five animal. As I learn it, HG "dragon" expression has no dragon claws.

Cheers,

TG.

OK Terry,

Let me trnaslate the bit on training the drargon, in the manual, Chan Heung said, "When training the whole (dragon) body, do not use force, listen to the chi in your dantian and spread it all over the body. The two arms are dropped and the mind is calm and the five centers respond to each other (2 hands and 2 feet plus the dantian) like a spirit of a dragon roaming the boundless sky and sea, not knowing where it begins and ends, suddenly here then suddnely there, everywhere yet nowhere, that is the character of a dragon".

I wrote about the hand shape earlier with the sound for dragon.

Joseph

PS: it should read "the two arms are dropped at the elbows".
The hand shape for the dragon are cheun arn choi (spear choi to the eyes), seung jin choi (double arrow choi) and seung long chut hoi (double dragon going out to the sea). Choi in CLF is done with the first two joints of the fingers bend and the thumb pressed against the tip of the index finger. You have to do push ups to strengthen the choi and not break at the wrist.

yutyeesam
05-15-2007, 09:54 AM

I agree, I never took this as a negative statement, it's an accurate observation.

I think we can talk about this w/o going back to the "founder" debate.

I think it's a nice thing that CLF has this flexibility to mix it up in the world of combat (potentially MMA) as well as in the world of Wushu. Shane Lacey, a Buk Sing player, is a great example of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOuuAv_GEXw

Let's talk about current trends - that's more productive.

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I know clfnole is going to ask, did Chan Heung really wrotre that? Well mine is hand written copy by Chan Yiu-Chi and I paid top dollars for it. It said the writing is edited and rewritten from Chan Koon Pak's original. Whether that is the case I don't know, I just take his words for it. Nor have I ever seen Chan Koon Pak's writing but Yiu-Chi's hand writing has been confirmed.

There are a great wealth of information out there and it is as easily obtained as a plane ride to King Mui. China is openning up and they are rediscoverying their heritage so why don't we take advantage of this? I have found the crampled up bundle of papers more interesting than a huge flat screen watching other people's life instead of living mine own.

What do you want me to do Frank? I just want to go back to my gwa sow charp. instead of answering your blah blah blah about wu shu coming from the chan side of clf. Shane is mixing it, so does it make him in the Chan side of things as well?

Anyway I am going there are important and more pleasant things to do.:p

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 10:50 AM
thank god:D
you were boring me

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 10:54 AM
if you were leaving, why are you viewin this thread joseph?

can't stay away

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 11:47 AM
anyways,

some have seen these, some have not.....

but they're hung sing/buk sing forms of choy lee fut

Simon Siu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJpcv6thAVE

group sword performance (fut san hsk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGU632bwZqI

jeh wing bun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbNaWZtQq-I

ricebowl and chopstick form
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3PEBvpyGSU

jackie chan vs choi lei fut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UElFedQX_Oc

perhaps sup ji.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRkeoqDDPc

sup gee lau bun lineage (EYLEE SCHOOL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AeUjPvFye4

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Do look at some of Chen Yong Fa's video. When we see the advance CLF forms like the "sup ba noi lim sou" (18 hidden hands) in this lot and the "chun long sup ba gak" (penetrating dragons in 18 arrangements) elsewhere, you can see that in the more advance CLF the more simple and hidden the movements became. To the uninitiated, they looked like a lot of repetitions of the basics but far from it, they are "inside the curtain" hands. In these two forms they are composed of 18 separate sets of movements done purely for fighting. There are no form routine as we know them in the less advanced sets and you have to know exactly what they do and how to do them over and over again. They are more like drills than forms. In CLF we get to the advance seeds only when we get to the roots.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=chen%20yong-fa&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wv

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Xkvv3Tm8o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFkKAjvvI6Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJm4550_xPM

extrajoseph
05-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Sports China and Guangzhou Beauty made these videos a few years back in King Mui:

蔡李佛
mms://vod.sports.cn/vod/v1/cailifogongfuxilie/01.asf
Basics
mms://vod.sports.cn/vod/v1/cailifogongfuxilie/02.asf
Penetrating Dragons in 18 Arrangements
mms://vod.sports.cn/vod/v1/cailifogongfuxilie/03.asf
Unicorn Hands
mms://vod.sports.cn/vod/v1/cailifogongfuxilie/04.asf
Sup Ba Lohan Sou PtI
mms://vod.sports.cn/vod/v1/cailifogongfuxilie/05.asf
Sup Ba Lohan Sou PtII and San Sou
mms://vod.sports.cn/vod/v1/cailifogongfuxilie/06.asf
Final night of demonstration in Xinhui.

hskwarrior
05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qypgG3TdNkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf_snOHmTCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tPggYvRzN4

Terrygrey
05-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Do look at some of Chen Yong Fa's video. When we see the advance CLF forms like the "sup ba noi lim sou" (18 hidden hands) in this lot and the "chun long sup ba gak" (penetrating dragons in 18 arrangements) elsewhere, you can see that in the more advance CLF the more simple and hidden the movements became. To the uninitiated, they looked like a lot of repetitions of the basics but far from it, they are "inside the curtain" hands. In these two forms they are composed of 18 separate sets of movements done purely for fighting. There are no form routine as we know them in the less advanced sets and you have to know exactly what they do and how to do them over and over again. They are more like drills than forms. In CLF we get to the advance seeds only when we get to the roots.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=chen%20yong-fa&btnG=Google+Search&sa=N&tab=wv

Dear Joseph,
Thanks for your answers. Master Chen Yong Fa is excellent. I would like to see more footage of Master Chen's advanced clf and I hope Mokkori isn't put off by the trouble makers. I want to see more of those types of videos, and I don't think everyone is so blind that they all can't recognise good kung fu skills AND good kung fu material from the garbage and the diluted low level offshoots.

Perhaps some feel so threatened by the emergence of good stuff from the source that they feel the need to attack or throw more of their 'stuff' to divert attention or gain attention. When I look at trouble maker do forms or and the actual form itself, its not surprising he would question the 'importance' or 'use' of forms. I would too!

kup choi
05-20-2007, 03:15 AM
My Sigung performing a part of Ping Kuen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhao1XeMaRI

CLFNole
05-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Man every time I go away on vacation I return to find Frank and XJ going at it. By the way where is Kennyfist in all this. :D

Man I'll tell you what the Hawaiin's got it right, they don't get worked up over things and everything is laid back.

Shaka. ;)

hskwarrior
05-20-2007, 02:32 PM
kennyfist turned into this terrygrey cat. you missed it

but, it wasn't much. i just like pushing jo's buttons.;)

kennyfist (terrygrey) is soooooo stupid he doesn't realize he's predictable. and the only one i hear praising xj.

in fact, i think kennyfist, terrygrey, may be one and the same. what a trip if xj really did have split personalities:D

Sho
05-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Would anyone happen to have any complete video clips of Ping Jang Kuen, the Level Elbow Fist? I've only seen two (extremely) short clips of the Lee Koon Hung and Chan Family versions. Thanks.