PDA

View Full Version : Lemme Pikya Brain?

hskwarrior
05-14-2007, 08:25 AM
hey folks. i need some advice from some strickers with the experience i need help in.

i have a knew student who broke his hand or hands (skateboarding) in the past and when we hit the pads, he saids it hurts his hands. little sharp pains.

is this a big problem? will this be a problem? can we work around it? or should he try using gloves. oh, no, we don't use gloves during pad work.

wanted to see if any one had any advice.

thanks in advance.

hsk

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Stop the pad work and send him back to is doctor. It may not be fully healed yet.

xcakid
05-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Yeah he needs an x-ray and perhaps an MRI. If the bones are not set properly this could cause pain during impact. Breaking metcarpals may cause the bones to misalign. This happened with my jammed/dislocated thumb. It misaligned my wrist. I now have problems doing palm heel strikes in that hand. Simple work around, no palm strike in that hand.

BruceSteveRoy
05-14-2007, 09:04 AM
do you have him wear hand wraps when he hits the bag?

hskwarrior
05-14-2007, 09:12 AM
thanks. he said its an old injury. but we don't use gloves. um, maybe i'll work around it.

he doesn't want to stop, that would suck if he had to. he likes choy lee fut.

well maybe he can do forms instead.

Ni Jian mu
05-14-2007, 09:18 AM
thanks. he said its an old injury. but we don't use gloves. um, maybe i'll work around it.

he doesn't want to stop, that would suck if he had to. he likes choy lee fut.

well maybe he can do forms instead.

Stop the training and send him to a doctor asap or he could risk further damage if he hasn't already. I broke my left wrist twice while doing martial arts but i was very young when i did it an i still get little nicks of pain now and again like an aching sort of pain. He needs an x-ray as suggested as there could be loose movement where the bones have not set. Hand injuries have a tendency to do that as they have numerous bones and joints.

TenTigers
05-14-2007, 09:36 AM
depends how old is old-I fell skating-landed on my elbow. For about two years, it felt like there was a shard of glass inside. Even resting it on the center console while driving hurt. It eventually healed, but it took a long time, and lots of tendon/bone jow.

BruceSteveRoy
05-14-2007, 09:45 AM
i say take the fatherly approach.

next time he complains give him a menacing look and say 'knock it off or i'll give you something to complain about'

golden arhat
05-14-2007, 10:16 AM
yes lol mock him at every available oppourtunity

bodhitree
05-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Use **** Gloves