PDA

View Full Version : OT:The Conservatives have finally gotten what they wanted

BoulderDawg
05-14-2007, 04:41 PM
I just heard the most amazing story on local TV in Denver. It's a sign of our times.

Apparently two guys were on a train playing cards. One of these guys had a headache and just casually said "geez, My head's about to explode". Anyway some other passenger heard that from several rows down and only picked up on "explode". It quickly caused wild panic on the train. They actually stopped the train evacuated all the passengers and called in bomb sniffing dogs to search the entire train. The guy who had the headache was taken into custody and questioned.:D

What a balls up mess. The conservatives and the President have succeeded in making Americans so scared they are now jumping at their own shadows. Somewhere in the middle east there are people rolling in the floor laughing.

FuXnDajenariht
05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
lol when did Americans turn into such pussies? :D

first a cartoon shuts down the entire city of Boston and now this?

thats so gay.....:rolleyes:

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-14-2007, 06:07 PM

Reply]
What? When was this? Got a link?

ittokaos
05-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Good Afternoon,

It is indeed the sign of the times. Not just the conservatives though. The liberal media has blown this(as well as other )issue way out of proportion. The real problem is that it seems that everyone is content with the fact that we are pussies and no one seems to care that the govt (democratic congress) is just feeding off this fear in ord to keep us under their thumb. Also, the ones to back to "Under the govt" instead of "under god". Not their fault though, they are just telling people what they want to hear. We let it happen and buy into it so we're ultimately to blame.

Sorry for the rant. I just believe that the blame should be spread equally.

I hope this helps,

WF

FuXnDajenariht
05-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Reply]
What? When was this? Got a link?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/31/boston.bombscare/

BoulderDawg
05-14-2007, 08:52 PM
I searched the web and had a hard time finding this story. Then when I did find it:

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/05/15/news/state/14_02_555_14_07.txt

It was radically different from what I heard on the local news. No mentioned of the guy making an offhanded comment. Instead, on the web, we read that the man had a knike and the dogs had centered in on his bags........:rolleyes:

The Bush people must not have had the time to cover up the real story before it made it to the local news.

Black Jack II
05-15-2007, 05:24 AM
The Bush people must not have had the time to cover up the real story before it made it to the local news.

Man, your are one far left wack job. Gratz on another dumba$$ post.

rogue
05-15-2007, 05:40 AM
If KFM had a special olympics for dumb conspiracy threads, BoulderDawg would be guaranteed the Silver and a hands on favorite for the gold.;)

golden arhat
05-15-2007, 06:02 AM
If KFM had a special olympics for dumb conspiracy threads, BoulderDawg would be guaranteed the Silver and a hands on favorite for the gold.;)

dam'nit i wanted that

seriously tho
how can one local news tv station (with no agenda mind you) say one thing about him

and fox news (with no concept of journalism or standards) say something completely different ??????? :confused:

Black Jack II
05-15-2007, 06:54 AM
and fox news (with no concept of journalism or standards) say something completely different

Bahaha...whatever. You hate Fox because they are conservative based, it has nothing to do about journalism, there is a reason they are NUMBER ONE in cable ratings, its because they kick ass.

BoulderDawg
05-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Just for the heck of it I went over to the web site of the local Denver station(Channel 7) that aired the first story I saw..............There is no trace of this story anywhere on their web site, No follow up...nothing.

Not surprising.

It was a good story though. They interviewed the man this "terrorist" was playing cards with. He said all comments (including the one about his head exploding) was just idle chatter over cards. Then the next thing he knows the whole train is going crazy and his friend is accused of being a terrorist!:D

I liked the "official" story that the man decided to make other travel arrangements. Well when you;re being detained and questioned for 14 straight hours I doubt the train will wait.

xcakid
05-15-2007, 12:20 PM
The liberal media has blown this(as well as other )issue way out of proportion. The real problem is that it seems that everyone is content with the fact that we are pussies and no one seems to care that the govt (democratic congress) is just feeding off this fear in ord to keep us under their thumb. Also, the ones to back to "Under the govt" instead of "under god". Not their fault though, they are just telling people what they want to hear. We let it happen and buy into it so we're ultimately to blame.

Sorry for the rant. I just believe that the blame should be spread equally.

I hope this helps,

WF

That is so true.

The media demonizes a lot of things and folks that believe it becomes jumpy.

I am a moderate Republican. Someone says explodes, I do not jump to conclusion. More likely it is the hippie tofu eating liberal next to me that will say something. Heck he will probably call the PC police for me calling him a tofu eating liberal. And cry all over the media that a Republican was taunting him. Hell if he was of another race, he will probably pull a race card on me.

jo
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
The Republican Party, as its run by the NeoCons, demonizes everyone who does not immediately and unquestioningly follow orders.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on
a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of
it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people
don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in
Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the
country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to
drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist
dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no
voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked,
and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the
country to danger. It works the same in any country." - Hermann Goering

"State authority must provide for peace and order, and peace and order in turn must conversely make possible the existence of state authority. Within these two poles all life must now revolve...Ideas of 'freedom,' mostly of a misunderstood nature, inject themselves into the state conceptions of these circles." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf.

-jo