http://www.manhattanmma.com/

wtf?

sanjuro_ronin
05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
WTF is Tongilmoodo ???

tonsil hockey in Korea ??

Knifefighter
05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Not the first, nor the last... buyer beware.

Black Jack II
05-16-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.tongilmoodo.com/

Looks kinda cult like to me.

sanjuro_ronin
05-16-2007, 11:42 AM
http://www.tongilmoodo.com/

Looks kinda cult like to me.

Ok then... a tad too cultish for my taste but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Royal Dragon
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Look at the photo on thier maiin page, it's all guys doing things in the air wearing Karate Gi's!!

Everyone knows Mixed Martial arts only wears Muy Tai shorts, no shirt and lots of tattoos!!

sanjuro_ronin
05-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Look at the photo on thier maiin page, it's all guys doing things in the air wearing Karate Gi's!!

Everyone knows Mixed Martial arts only wears Muy Tai shorts, no shirt and lots of tattoos!!

Those aren't tattoos, they are product placement adds.
I think I saw STP and Mobile 1 on one guy.

Royal Dragon
05-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Lol!!

.................................................. ..............>

monji112000
05-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Who cares if they are M$dojo, they have
1)Showers (this is NYC nobody has a shower(s)!)
2) they have a weight room
3) mats and bags and lots of room.

Doesn't mean I am going to waste my money on all that nice "extra" stuff.. but if you join and meet some people to train on your own.. it would be a nice place to do that.

lkfmdc
05-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Front for Rev Moon's unification church cult.... use martial arts to snare unsuspecting suckers

TenTigers
05-16-2007, 10:54 PM
HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET-"signed by Rev Sun Myung Moon-leader of the Unification Church."
well, as I've said before, the time is ripe for cults like them to crop up again, because people do not remember the Moonies. This is why falun gong has gained such power. Old burnt-out hippies, and young naieve college age kids. These groups start out innocently enough-they have groups in all the colleges, or nearby,like splinter cells, and they use all the catch-phrases-qigong,now MMA (is nothing sacred?), pretty soon they will start using the same terms we hear from guys like Deepak Chopra, and other modern day sages, and another group of "seekers" will be sucked in. When I was younger, it was the Moonies, Guru Maharajh-ji, (the sixteen year-old "Perfect Master"), Scientology, and Hare Krishna. Today, it's the Moonies again, and Falun-Gong, and Scientology is still going strong.

golden arhat
05-17-2007, 03:08 AM
the difference between an mma mcdojo and a normal mcdojo

is that the mma mcdojo wont last

soon someone will come in practising real martial arts and beat the crap out of them in sparring
giving them a really bad rep in the process

this doesnot happen to other such schools

Oso
05-17-2007, 07:39 PM
the last two months issues of AWMA and Century's industry mags have been full of the 'mma revolution' articles.

only time will tell...20 years from now will we be be talking about whatever the new thing is (let's see...it should be arnis again at that point) and about how ineffective mma is because it doesn't take weapons into account???

to paraphrase MP...do what you do but do it hard and safe and the chafe will fly off in the wind and you'll be left with something usable when you need it.

The Xia
05-17-2007, 08:39 PM

soon someone will come in practising real martial arts and beat the crap out of them in sparring

If it’s a MMA mcdojo, I don't think they'd be sparring that way. If they are, chances are it's not a MMA mcdojo.

PangQuan
05-17-2007, 10:23 PM
http://www.manhattanmma.com/

wtf?

lol. this made me laugh.

in thier first paragraph instead of it saying "martial" it reads "martia" LOL :D

lkfmdc
05-18-2007, 07:12 AM
and then the head instructor complained

"martia"
"martia"
"martia"

:D

cjurakpt
05-18-2007, 07:47 AM
When I was younger, it was the Moonies, Guru Maharajh-ji, (the sixteen year-old "Perfect Master"), Scientology, and Hare Krishna. Today, it's the Moonies again, and Falun-Gong, and Scientology is still going strong.

don't forget, the greatest of them all, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh - who, despite being shut down by the US Fed Gov at one point, and totally disgraced publically, is back in full swing in India at his "Multiversity" in Poona (I think), using the name Osu...

cjurakpt
05-18-2007, 07:48 AM
and then the head instructor complained

"martia"
"martia"
"martia"

:D

mom always said, don't do MMA in the house...:p

Oso
05-18-2007, 11:48 AM
sigh...Jan...a young boys mind is a terrible thing...

SifuAbel
05-18-2007, 01:57 PM

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong. This happens quite often . The memory fades. And new students join to fill in the gaps of any students lost.

Merryprankster
05-19-2007, 09:03 AM
The memory fades. And new students join to fill in the gaps of any students lost.

True.

There is very little we can do to prevent the rise of MMA Mcdojos. However, like Judo, wrestling, boxing and other sportive combat arts, the built in regulator of competition reputation will always ensure that top quality instruction is:

1. Available
2. Easy to find
3. Common

If I want to train in a good Judo, wrestling or boxing program, I know where/who I have to hook up with, because the standard is universally recognized. The same is true of MMA. Off the top of my head... Team Lloyd Irvin, Miletich Fighting Systems, American Top Team, Brazilian Top Team, Chute Boxe, Team Quest, Renzo Gracie...

San shou has their "big 7" or whatever.

Compare/contrast this with the state of "TMA" where there is no universally recognized standard or yardstick, and people get in endless wars about who really knows what style, who's really teaching good stuff, putting out good students, etc.

People might argue about "what trainer/camp is BETTER," in the MMA world, but nobody would actually say with a straight face that Chute Boxe doesn't put out "the real deal," while Miletich Fighting Systems does.

Mega-Foot
05-19-2007, 11:18 AM
HOW QUICKLY WE FORGET-"signed by Rev Sun Myung Moon-leader of the Unification Church."
well, as I've said before, the time is ripe for cults like them to crop up again, because people do not remember the Moonies. This is why falun gong has gained such power. Old burnt-out hippies, and young naieve college age kids. These groups start out innocently enough-they have groups in all the colleges, or nearby,like splinter cells, and they use all the catch-phrases-qigong,now MMA (is nothing sacred?), pretty soon they will start using the same terms we hear from guys like Deepak Chopra, and other modern day sages, and another group of "seekers" will be sucked in. When I was younger, it was the Moonies, Guru Maharajh-ji, (the sixteen year-old "Perfect Master"), Scientology, and Hare Krishna. Today, it's the Moonies again, and Falun-Gong, and Scientology is still going strong.

"Moonies" is a term of disrespect, and you're a wog if you use it, you wog. The Holy Light and Reverend Sun Myung Moon is a great man, and he blessed me with my ex-wife, for which I am grateful.

wiz cool c
05-19-2007, 11:14 PM
To mega foot

May your heart be rent asunder and may your spine be split apart
May your ribs be rent asunder and may your neck and head be split open

Mega-Foot
05-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Funny, those were the vows my ex-wife exchanged when the Rev. Sung Myung Moon unblessed our nuptials and split us asunder.

wiz cool c
05-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Rev. Sung Myung Moon can suck a ****

Mega-Foot
05-20-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm trying to figure out why they won't let you write soda without being censored.

TenTigers
05-21-2007, 02:55 PM
oh, but you are wrong, my Ninja tabi'd brother. I write **** all the time, and it never gets censored.

GeneChing
02-22-2013, 10:49 AM
I claim this thread today.

McDonald's shows support for mixed martial arts (http://www.examiner.com/article/mcdonald-s-shows-support-for-mixed-martial-arts)
February 18, 2013
By: Eric Holden

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/e2/7e/1361209236_4945_mcdonalds.jpg
McDonald's shows support for MMA
Credits: Courtesy of Aislynn Medina

According to a Feb. 18 report from SalemNews.com, the success of the quick-serve restaurant business relies largely on being instantly recognized by traffic passing the site, and that is exactly what McDonald's shoots for with its signage.

Typically, McDonald's signs feature special messages about burger deals and discounts of the day, but one of the franchise's establishments in Denver recently posted a message showing support for the sport of mixed martial arts.

The sign said "We Love Shameless MMA," a local Denver radio show that keeps a steady pulse on the heart of Colorado MMA.

“As you are aware, the success of the quick-serve restaurant business relies largely on being instantly recognized by traffic passing the site,” McDonald’s engineering firm, Bohler Engineering of Southborough, wrote in a letter to the Zoning Board of Appeals seeking a variance for a new McDonald's sign in Salem.

Props to McDonald's for giving instant recognition to MMA by having constant traffic passing the Denver sign.

No word yet on how long the sign will be up, or the reasons why it was posted.

The Shameless MMA radio show looks to bring listeners the latest in MMA news and information, as well as keep a steady finger on the pulse of Colorado Mixed Martial Arts.

It is their goal to maintain the integrity of the sport and provide a reliable and entertaining source for both the hardcore and casual MMA fans.

Its hosts are deeply rooted in the world of MMA, the listeners and fans enjoy hearing from them all the latest news about the world’s fastest growing sport.

Until now, Burger King was the only fast food giant to post advertising in the cage at MMA events. Perhaps McDonald's sign in Denver is a precursor to more advertising from them during MMA events.

Vash
02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
That's a special sauce kind of awesome.

And fitting, since a great many of the MMA t-shirt practitioners I've met lately seem to prefer McDONALD'S to the salad bar.