PDA

View Full Version : Nick Scrima's Tournament 2007

isol8d
05-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Anyone going?

yu shan
05-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Jessie Vaughn and Sean Cochran were trying to talk me into coming to Nick`s tournament. I think mainly to gather a bunch of us together to re-unite and train. Nice idea, but the tickets are too high right now. I do have free airline tickets but these are being saved for later this summer for Master Shi`s visit to DC and LA. Nick does put on a nice tournament though.

Three Harmonies
05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I agree with Jim. Too expensive. By the time you deal with hotel, rental car, airline BS, and then the tourney I would be looking at over $1000! Too much just to go **** around at a tournament. I think all tourney's are going to really start hurting due to the gas issue. Just too expensive to travel. Plus I know a lot of these cats are trying to have them in nice places to encourage a "family" type trip, but when hotels start getting up around $100 a night, that is a bit steep to stay for a long weekend.
Have fun, Nick is a great guy and I have heard nothing but positive stuff about his tourney.
Cheers
Jake :)

Satori Science
05-17-2007, 09:35 AM
for those of us not in the know could you post some details, ie. location dates website?

thanks

isol8d
05-17-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.kungfuchampionship.com

It is at a hotel out by Disney World. It is during Memorial Day weekend. I'll probably go to watch the San Shou and Push Hands.