PDA

View Full Version : The MMA tutorial thread!

bodhitree
05-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Okay, an attempt to create an imformative thread where everyone can share knowledge to improve everyone's game. I hope we can have standup and ground, training and fighting.

I'll Start off:

Posture when in someone else's guard:

1 Keep back upright with head up. Look down by moving your eyes downward, not your whole head.

2 Keep your arms in close to your body with your elbows in your own side. (your elbows can be between your body and your opponent's legs, but the point is not to dig your elbow into the leg). Your hands should be in front of your head.

3 Your Hands should be on your opponent pinning their hips to the ground.

1 and 2 make it more difficult for your opponent to break down your posture. If you maintain posture it is more difficult for your opponent to sweep or submit you. 3 is to prevent your opponent from being offensive.

To Gain Posture: Walk your hands down your opponent's chest/stomach. Don't post on the mat to do it ( you then become vulnerable to a kimura/hip sweep).

I believe it is important to gain good posture prior to trying to pass the guard. If there's an obvious opportunity to pass with bad posture, by all means take it. With bad posture though you are always in danger of being swept.

MasterKiller
05-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Just get some DVDs, bro.

bodhitree
05-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Just get some DVDs, bro.

Oh I guess your right, a forum shouldn't be a place with any information on it, it should just be off topic stuff and vids of people getting beat up.

MasterKiller
05-21-2007, 08:15 AM
At least post a Youtube clip. This is the 21st century.

bodhitree
05-21-2007, 08:22 AM
At least post a Youtube clip. This is the 21st century.

so people are too lazy to read anymore?

Why don't you contribute a youtube tutorial (one that you made of course). That would be awesome.

AmanuJRY
05-21-2007, 08:29 AM
so people are too lazy to read anymore?

If people used the same terminology or standardized definitions of things, maybe written word would be enough...:(

...but, we don't. We like to use as many different ways of saying the same thing as possible in order to create such confusion that end up arguing over the same point.;)

Videos speak for themselves.:rolleyes:

bodhitree
05-21-2007, 08:34 AM
whatever, abort the ****ing idea then

MasterKiller
05-21-2007, 08:39 AM
Why don't you contribute a youtube tutorial (one that you made of course). That would be awesome.

I don't have to make videos because everyone else already does, and I suck anyways.

WinterPalm
05-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Don't forget the xyience!

AmanuJRY
05-21-2007, 09:55 AM
whatever, abort the ****ing idea then

Way to give up...quitter.:eek:

Just post your sh!t and if it's worth a f**k, it just might reach someone who gives a rat's a55!;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-30-2007, 08:16 AM
both arms in or both arms out.