PDA

View Full Version : New Video on 8-Step Throws

lapu_squared
05-21-2007, 10:45 AM
The last time we posted a video on 8-step.com someone mentioned he would like to see more in the way of 8-Step applications. We thought that was a great idea, so we've just posted a new video of Mr. John Chang demonstrating and explaining the throwing applications associated with each of the 8 stances. (There's a link to the video on the home page and the gallery section.)

If you take a look at the video, I'd very much appreciate any replies to this post to give us your thoughts. It's always interesting to hear different perspectives.

On a separate note, I'd also like to mention to everyone who follows the 8-Step community that Mr. James Shyun visited the tomb of GM Wei Hsiao Tang for the first time since GM Wei's death in the 80's, showing his respect for GM Wei. If anyone here happened to join him and take any pictures, we would be happy to post those pictures on the 8-step.com web site's gallery (with Mr. Shyun's approval, of course).

EarthDragon
05-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks kenny for all that you share with us. It is much appreciated and please by all means keep them comming. It is nice to see people share out here.

lapu_squared
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
After re-reading my own message, it occurrs to me that it may be misleading when I said Mr. Shyun had visited GM Wei's tomb for the first time "since GM Wei's death." Just to be clear, as I understand it, Mr. Shyun visited GM Wei's tomb roughly three or four years after GM Wei's death. I just want to be clear so that my vague wording isn't misinterpreted to mean that Mr. Shyun hadn't visited GM Wei's tomb since the exact time of GM Wei's death. I apologize, since I should have been more precise in my wording the first time around. No offense was intended in my original post, and I hope none was taken by any of Mr. Shyun's students.

Three Harmonies
05-21-2007, 03:02 PM
May want to throw a link on! Share at MQ Forum too.
Cheers
Jake :)

mantis108
05-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Thank you for sharing the clips. It's wonderful to see Sifu Chang in action. I have always enjoyed his articles in MQ and now seeing him in action it's even better. I particularly enjoy the fact that he mentioned the way GM Wei would do a particular application a certain way.

Thank you once again.

Warm regards

Mantis108