PDA

View Full Version : Is this another Shaolin-Do offshoot?

xcakid
05-22-2007, 12:15 PM
I am just curious. At first I thought it was a Shaolin Kempo offshoot, but I don't think so.

Wujido (http://www.wujidomartialarts.com/)

Claim to teach "Shaolin".......hmmm......

SanHeChuan
05-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Yes but they teach 5 animal 8 method shaolin, not every style ever invented.

My conclusion, with out seen their forms, is that they are not in anyway connected to Shaolin-do.

Did you see their sparring videos :rolleyes:

SaintSage
05-22-2007, 01:15 PM
That sparring...wow. I mean, I'm not trying to talk trash, I just hope they go a little faster and stronger sometimes...

xcakid
05-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Just found the video section. HEHE, that site is so convoluted, I missed it the first go around.

Wow, that 2 on one sparring is pretty bad. In every style I have been involved with, I was always taught how to stack your opponents so that you are not fighting on 2 fronts. I see none of that in that video. Of course that is only a short snipit. Also in Shaolin Kempo and Arnis, we practiced multiple attackers wearing full gear so that we can go full contact and somewhat simulate "street" like confrontation. Going soft and falling for techniques give a false sense of confidence. There are times where a well placed sidekick will not fold over your opponent.

I am guessing, no one has ever heard of wujido either huh?

Judge Pen
05-22-2007, 01:45 PM
In a word: No. This is not an offshoot of SD.

cjurakpt
05-22-2007, 02:11 PM
crap flambé

BoulderDawg
05-22-2007, 02:25 PM
What is the "USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame"? And who on this board is a member?:D

BoulderDawg
05-22-2007, 02:31 PM
That sparring...wow. I mean, I'm not trying to talk trash, I just hope they go a little faster and stronger sometimes...

I didn't care much for the sparring either. I didn't see very many defensive moves. The defensive posture looked like a good way to dislocate a finger or thumb.

Judge Pen
05-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I didn't care much for the sparring either. I didn't see very many defensive moves. The defensive posture looked like a good way to dislocate a finger or thumb.

Yep, but in fairness, I've seen people in SD try to fight that way. If they are someone that I know I'll correct them. If not, I'll ask their teacher why they are sparring that way....

I've also seen people in other styles try to fight with silly postures like that....

They are almost always beginners though.

ingchao
05-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Almost looked like that chi master who tosses people w/his chi

SHB called:
"Senior student (tries) to beat up on lower ranks"

:mad:

golden arhat
05-26-2007, 02:44 PM
its better than what i used to do

and thats saying alot