PDA

View Full Version : What makes Bruce Lee hurts his back?

Twinsen
10-06-2000, 11:03 PM
Greetings my friends,

I seen the movie Dragon starring Jasson Scott Lee. And it is about Bruce Lee's life. It shows that he hurts his back by fighting or challenging a guy. Second, in the documentary film it says that Bruce Lee hurts his back by doing weightlifting. So, which one is the truth?

thanks,

~Guybrush~

Sean Madigan
10-06-2000, 11:44 PM
Hi,

Although I am hardly an expert in teh life of Si-Gung Bruce Lee, I've been told that he hurt his back while doing an exercise with weights called "Good-Mornings".

It was a popular exercise in his day, and in longer in fashion with Body Builders these days becasue of just that problem.

Hope that helps,

All the best,

BIG Sean Madigan

BIG JKD Home Page (http://www.bigjkd.com)

www.junfanjkd.com (http://www.junfanjkd.com)

vingtsunstudent
10-07-2000, 07:36 AM
please, the movie you are talking about is a joke.
1. yip man doing a tai chi sword form.
would you like more?
vts

Tekarius
10-07-2000, 08:03 AM
wtf?????Yip Man doing tai chi sword Vingtsunstudent you serious?? lol!!! what movie are we talking about here anyways?

vingtsunstudent
10-07-2000, 08:28 AM
we are talking about that pathetic movie dragon with jason scott lee.
it also showed bruce as a child, of what looks like about 9 years old learning wing chun.
i think that this movie clearly shows how little linda lee knew bruces ma, so when you read about or see her talking about bruce & the ma you can take it with a grain of salt.
vts
ps sorry to offend all you linda lee lovers.

Tekarius
10-07-2000, 05:15 PM
vingtsunstudent didn't linda lee learn martial arts from bruce lee?

Sean Madigan
10-07-2000, 10:31 PM
Hi vingtsunstudent,

Why the hosility toward Linda Lee Cadwell? She has little or nothing to do with what was shown in the movie. Sure, she gave ideas as to waht was going at the time, but she had NO DIRECT control on what was shown.

Get your facts straight before you speak.

As far as her knowing her husband's martial art, do you think anybody cares if Yip Man used a Tai Chi sword or not? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BIG Sean Madigan

www.bigkd.com (http://www.bigjkd.com)

vingtsunstudent
10-08-2000, 04:48 AM
big sean
so you're telling me that no-one should be concerned about this.please.(i am sure if they were to make a movie of the gracies & show helio doing a tkd form that no-one would be upset)
as for get my facts straight, they are.
if any of you jkd guys had any respect for bruce & his way of thinking you should be offended to.
his ma were diferent from the movies to the real thing & i am sure he would be appalled to have seen himself portrayed as some who did back flips & other ridiculas sh#t whilst really fighting.
wake up! the movie was crap!
vts
ps i will say it again, as to linda lee, if she did know so much about bruce & was honest why was his mother not mentioned, what was the garbage with the demons & why was there no mention that he died in the room of another woman?

Tekarius
10-08-2000, 05:23 AM
Oh!!!!!! that movie I've seen that where he fought the demon to save bradon right? Oh yeah Ive seen that.

Sean Madigan
10-08-2000, 08:09 AM
Hi vingtsunstudent,

I agree, the movie sucked, I saw it once, and haven't seen it since. I didn't look at it as a documentory. It was a "movie" and nothing more.

Anyway, I can see that you are a bit more passionate about this then I am. maybe more care should have been shown with respects to the choice of weaponry for Yip man, I don't know or really care that much.

I do believe the blame falls on Hollywood though and not Linda Lee Cadwell. If anything, she has always shown class and respect when speaking of Bruce Lee's thoughts on Wing Chun (Ving Tsun).

In your post you wrote: "i am sure if they were to make a movie of the gracies & show helio doing a tkd form that no-one would be upset" Sorry but that is different, this was not a movie about Yip Man, or the history of Wing Chun (Ving Tsun). This movie was (almost) about Bruce Lee. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Big Difference.

All the best,

BIG Sean Madigan

www.bigkd.com (http://www.bigjkd.com)

origenx
10-10-2000, 07:47 PM
Well, obviously this wasn't intended as a documentary-type biopic, but a Hollywood flick aimed at the mainstream, who quite frankly doesn't know tai chi from tae bo - and doesn't care. And even Bruce Lee himself deviated from his real fighting style in his movies to add in more flashy spinning hi-kicks and stuff.

In showbiz - entertainment first, information second, if at all. That's just the name of the game, folks...

10-11-2000, 07:30 PM
Speaking of movies the way topic was " What makes
bruce Lee hurts his back "sounds like Jar Jar binks

Promoting Peace through JKD