PDA

View Full Version : Nontelegraphic and telegraphic punch

Twinsen
10-08-2000, 06:56 PM
Greetings my friends,

I have read about the nontelegraphic and telegraphic punch and I still can't understand. I just know alittle bit about it. Can anyone here describe about the nontelegraphic and telegraphic punch?

thanks,

~Guybrush~

GinSueDog
10-08-2000, 08:41 PM
Telegraphic and Nontelegraphic punching, or movement is all about simple body language. Think of it like a chess game, what good is any of my tools if I tell my opponent my next move before I make it? Nontelegraphic punching is starting the punch where the fist is, not dropping your hand before throwing the punch, no throwing movement, keeping your elbow tight to your body and not allowing your elbow to left before or during the punch. Over time and practice it will become second nature to you. One of the things that helped me alot was shadow boxing in front of a mirror whenever I could during the day. Once you get the hang of it, it will be real easy do you to read your opponent's body language, especially if they are a little sloppy or just telegraphic in general.-ED

"The grappling arts imply most fights end up on the ground...take them there. The striking arts imply all fights start standing up...keep them there. The mixed martial arts imply any fight can go anywhere...be ready and able to go everywhere."-a mix martial artist

uki
01-31-2010, 09:40 AM
it's all about the lingo it seems...

uki
01-31-2010, 01:06 PM
i am assuming the same concept applies to footwork and other movements... no visible transitions(inflections).

goju
01-31-2010, 05:49 PM
the punch paul vunak throws here is a good example of a non telegraphic punch

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=Y09aVEhDcWuRpdk1GMEE&paul-vunak-drops-a-guy-with-a-jab

kfson
01-31-2010, 07:54 PM
One can mentally telegraph a punch.

You hear about very old martial artists beating swift young men. The old men are reading the minds of the young ones and are one step ahead.