PDA

View Full Version : golden arhat fights!!

golden arhat
05-24-2007, 01:07 PM
that is if anyone could tell me how to make quick time movies shorter
i got a friend to film me fighting

i have the clip it has some extraordinarily bad camerawork

and some terible grappling on my part

but if anyone wants to help then please do

or if u want me to send it to ur email then i'l be happy to oblige

golden arhat
05-24-2007, 03:46 PM
right tis working now

again crap grappling and worse cameras

but u get waht ur given

i'm in the shorts

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1576679443752377808

rogue
05-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Fred,
What's going on with your footwork? I don't know if it's the camera angle or a result of your style but it looked like you were leaving your legs exposed (if that's the correct term).
Was that guy walking into those kicks on purpose or did he not pick up that you could kick him in the head?

BTW what was being said around 1:25?

golden arhat
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
i know i'm usually faster
i should work on that its a cramped gym tbh and their was a private session goin on in the back ground so we didnt have alot of space to move

the guy i was fighting was also really inflexible so i figured i could afford to leave that open as i wouldnt be in too much danger
tbh his boxing isnt that good either

i should have better ones up soon

oh yeah and i kicked him (u know those seemingly weak kicks which are actually hard in a penetrating way ?) well yeah i kicked him in the ribs and he went off a bit then phill decided to call him a **** house and ridicule him till he was alright haha :D

rogue
05-24-2007, 04:16 PM
That's too funny.:D

Oso
05-24-2007, 05:20 PM
lol, i'm glad you're getting to experience the little known but time honored tradition of having to train in a school with a metal pole in the middle. my teacher never saw the need to put padding around it so you'd occasionally hear a nice 'bonnng' in the middle of class.

SanHeChuan
05-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Your guard hands were too low, and what was with that windup before your round house? You were totally telegraphing your kicks. :eek:

I understand your hand dropping when your tired, but they shouldn't. The hip windup for you round house kick I don't get at all, half that time you did the windup without the kick and it left you all awkward and goofy footed.

Good side kick though. :D

You jabs where too far away too, you need you work on knowing the distance for your hands.

Fu-Pow
05-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Keep your hands up!!!

Oso
05-24-2007, 08:28 PM
hmmm...

sometimes:

my hands are too low

and I am too slow

but I do what I can

when I do what I do

;)

Pork Chop
05-24-2007, 10:13 PM
remind me of tissue (akhilleus), except with a bit worse hands (you didn't need 'em anyway, so actually not fair to bust you on them), and better (more relaxed) grappling.

you totally took that guy out of his game. :)

SaintSage
05-24-2007, 11:26 PM
You know, those were SOLID kicks. I want to give you that. They were slow, but solid.

Shaolin101
05-25-2007, 06:31 AM
how on earth can you grapple in those gloves! cant believe he even nearly got arm bared.

all the other guy seemed to do was throw an occasional big swing - which if cought you looked like it might have done some damage (doesn't matter as it didn't - but would be a reason for re-iterating to keep your hands up).

golden arhat
05-25-2007, 09:02 AM
thanx everyone i'l bear it all in mind

:D

sanjuro_ronin
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
You and your friend should learn to not raise your chin/face when you punch and don't be so intimidated to get hit, it only hurts when you smile.
:D

Nick Forrer
05-25-2007, 09:52 AM
good clip...practice omoplata and triangle from guard...he was very open to either at the end

David Jamieson
05-25-2007, 10:23 AM
bald guy - throwing punches isn't enough, you have to step in, range yourself and actually drop them on target. He doesn't appear to be commiting to striking you. If he could, he would have hit you harder.

also, he needs cv work and a method to help him with the adrenaline thing he has going.

you- seem to be doing fine. loose the fatty gloves and get some fingerless if you're going to grapple as well. sink more and use your hands more. someone more on the ball would have had opportunities to single and double leg you on your kicks.

get some training on what to do in the guard. you need some techniques there. You had a very tired opponent and about a million openings to do a lot of things once you guys went down.

not bad, looks like a good thing. having a wonky room with obstacles adds more than it takes away in my opinion because it puts you into having to maintain environmental awareness as well.

Mega-Foot
05-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Do you have a gimpy right leg? You kind of wobble funny and drag one foot around. MAybe a clubbed foot?

laugarkuen
05-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Do you have a gimpy right leg? You kind of wobble funny and drag one foot around. MAybe a clubbed foot?

Nah, he's just from Oldham. They are all like that :p

Just kiddin you Fred

golden arhat
05-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Nah, he's just from Oldham. They are all like that :p

Just kiddin you Fred

oi dont u dare call me a yonner

i'm north london through and through

i just live there

LMAO

Mega-Foot
05-27-2007, 01:04 PM
But the leg....

Explain the gimpy sparring walk.

You beat your opponent up plenty.

But that leg....

golden arhat
05-27-2007, 01:26 PM
But the leg....

Explain the gimpy sparring walk.

You beat your opponent up plenty.

But that leg....

well his kicks really suck so i was trying to get him to go for a low kick so i could lay into him when he did

Jeong
05-29-2007, 03:38 PM
As for individual details I have to agree that in general it's usually a good idea to keep the hands higher. If you're fighting a grappler then I'd say your hands are in a good location, but if you're fighting someone who has a decent stand-up game protect the face!

Also I'd say that while you seem to use your punches and kicks well separately, try putting them together more! Work more combos that mix the two (jab, low roundhouse, cross, hook, sidekick) stuff like that. That's when you can really land some damaging strikes.

Also I noticed that when doing a hand combo sometimes you'll pull your head back. Try to kick that habit, it exposes your jaw, one of the most sensistive striking zones on the head (and a great KO target). Keep the jaw down and if you have to take one on the head take it on the forehead, where it's nice and hard.

As for overall fight control I thought it was good, you had control of the situation and moved him around. That's certainly one of the biggest things. Keep up the good practice!