PDA

View Full Version : Orwell at its finest.

Black Jack II
05-25-2007, 03:31 PM
LMAO.

The best part is he was still charged. Freakin laughing stock of a governmental system.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=455037&in_page_id=1770

David Jamieson
05-26-2007, 06:41 AM
fear permeates the minds of the people swimming in it.

I think the police have more exposure to it overall and will naturally have the tendency to be kneejerk reactionaries about it as is the case here.

absolutely ridiculous that the police acted in this manner. I would even say they are suffering from some sort of arrested development in their policing skills. lol

Mas Judt
05-26-2007, 06:54 AM
It seems to me the more 'liberal' the policies of the government the worse the police abuses. For example; the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany - both 'liberal' by the modern definition concerned with social programs and bread and circuses rarther than liberty.

www.ronpaul2008.com

BoulderDawg
05-26-2007, 07:08 AM
It seems to me the more 'liberal' the policies of the government the worse the police abuses. For example; the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany - both 'liberal' by the modern definition concerned with social programs and bread and circuses rarther than liberty.

That's funny!:D

The USSR and Nazi Germany were almost polar opposites in political philosophy. I don't know, maybe they both had a "liberal" bread or a "liberal" circus!:eek:

TenTigers
05-26-2007, 07:14 AM
what's so laughable is thatthey not only detained the owner, but they also took the doll into custody-probably all taking turns frisking her for more weapons.
These are probably the guys who we send to the Middle East searching for WMD's.

David Jamieson
05-26-2007, 07:46 AM
individual actions and not political policy are what is at play here.

We as societies have tended to give up policing our police of late.

It's actually within liberal political ideology to ensure that there are police on the police who help to prevent these types of inanities from occurring.

when we stop thinking in a broader sense and start narrowing our focus to fall in step with what we fear, these are th types of results that ensue.

BoulderDawg
05-26-2007, 09:41 AM
I have my extreme doubts about this story. I'm wondering if this isn't UK's version of the Onion.

In any case this is what you get for calling the cops. Apparently he called the police because he was receiving nusaince calls (This is the first tip off that this may be a bunch of BS). The cops come to this guys home and knocks on the door. The guy doesn't come to the door so they look in and see what looks like a shadow of someone holding a gun...Well, of course, the cops are going to freak.

As I said I'm leaning towards that it's all made up. However if it's real it's obvious this guy was trying to get cute and play some sort of joke on the cops. I hope he got some good chucks over that......as far as a law suit.....forget it.

Black Jack II
05-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I have my extreme doubts about this story. I'm wondering if this isn't UK's version of the Onion.

I thought about that for a split second, then googled it anda variety of sources came up, then I also realized what country in its present context we were talking about and in some respects its kinda tame on what has happened there.

golden arhat
05-26-2007, 02:32 PM

In any case this is what you get for calling the cops. Apparently he called the police because he was receiving nusaince calls (This is the first tip off that this may be a bunch of BS). The cops come to this guys home and knocks on the door. The guy doesn't come to the door so they look in and see what looks like a shadow of someone holding a gun...Well, of course, the cops are going to freak.

As I said I'm leaning towards that it's all made up. However if it's real it's obvious this guy was trying to get cute and play some sort of joke on the cops. I hope he got some good chucks over that......as far as a law suit.....forget it.

the reaction after the incident was bad

but anybody can make that mistake if its just a silouette in a window with a gun who would have known unless they got close enough

still u have to remeber that the daily mail is one of the most disreputable newspapers in this country

a tabloid through and through and a big earner for murdoch

Black Jack II
05-26-2007, 03:52 PM
a tabloid through and through and a big earner for murdoch

You just stated the incident was real so I doubt it being what you call a tabloid has much merit. The real point is that the guy actually got charged with firearm offenses when there was ZERO firearms.

Murdoch has no point of merit in that context at all.

golden arhat
05-26-2007, 04:56 PM
yeah but i a just pointing out that the daily mail is an unreliable source on anything and all it does is sell sensationalism and opinions

i already said what they did was foolish

besides which firearms offences include pretending to have a gun (so as to play a prank on the police or rob someone etc)
it also includes
paint balls
bb guns
air pistols and rifles
and immitation weaponry
and i think bows and arrows aswell

laugarkuen
05-27-2007, 02:12 AM
This happened near me. The guy got his Lara Croft back but they had cut the gun from her hand. I think they kept the hand as well and left him with an amputated Lara and a handful of broken off fingers :D

SanHeChuan
05-27-2007, 02:44 AM
Thats even more messed up that thing was probably worth hundreds of dollars. :eek: