PDA

View Full Version : Master "General" Dave Lacey of The Buck Sing Gwoon " You Tube Pt. 4"

Buck Sing Gwoon
05-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi all,

Part 4 of Master Dave Lacey of "The Buck Sing Gwoon" is now on You Tube.

Pt 4, shows my Sifu "The General", on the rarely seen Buck Sing Choy Lay Fut Ching Jong ( wooden dummy), Grandmaster Kong Hing demonstrating techniques, My Sifu Master Dave Lacey demonstrating fighting techniques, forms by present and past students, sparring in class, forms by "The General" and also students of the Buck Sing Gwoon fighting in full contact matches..... enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTSfbvmnDEI

Nick
Buck Sing Gwoon Australia

hakka jai
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi Nick,
bloody brilliant,well impressed,converted to BSCLF ,where do i sign up?.
GM kong hing & master Lacey are awesome.

cheers
hakka jai :)

diego
05-26-2007, 07:06 PM
looks pretty good, gonna peep all the clips later:)

RisingCrane
05-27-2007, 03:46 AM
Excellent! Master Lacey moves really well. As for those full contact matches; I wonder how long those fights would have lasted without gloves (or with MMA gloves) instead of those big pillows? Those big shots would have knocked the other guy out very quickly! Striking to the arms and chopping blows are difficult with boxing gloves but these clips show that it can be done.
Well done for posting these. It is good to see genuine kung fu that can show forms and fighting to this standard!:)

nospam
05-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Nick, I'm curious about the "General" title infront of his name. Sounds like a back story to me?

I like the vintage footage of Grandmaster Kong Hing showing the goods!

nospam
:cool:

Eddie
05-27-2007, 05:15 AM
cool video. thanks for posting it.

hskwarrior
05-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Nicky Nick,

Love The Video, And Nice Choice Of Music, It Really Sets The Mood For Something Good.;)

What Can I Say, Buk Sing Clf Is Great. I'm Glad To Be Connected To Them Since Buk Sing And Hung Sing Are One And The Same.

Steeeve
05-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Very Good video From the General Lacey .....very good kung fu

its funny to saw the game between the two brothers ......one post video the other respond ....round 5 now:)

To Hsk warrior
Frank Ur the best director video .....But I more like rock music (good folk ,blues or hard rock):) but the video of GM Wong have very good music ....thank
We have the old clips you post ...thank for the tribute

Steeve

hskwarrior
05-27-2007, 02:32 PM
steeve,

thanks for that compliment.

in the future ill use other types of rock.........

but i love my hip hop!:D

Steeeve
05-27-2007, 02:53 PM
HAHaha

Just give my way ....but thats Ok with hip hop .... but I m really punk rock ..and french from Quebec

Rock on Brother

Keep your good work with ur you tube blogs Im a Fans of U

I invite you to our forum (me and Sifu Seming Ma)

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/nggakuen/

Steeve

Buck Sing Gwoon
05-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Nick, I'm curious about the "General" title infront of his name. Sounds like a back story to me?

I like the vintage footage of Grandmaster Kong Hing showing the goods!

nospam

Hi nospam... just to let everyone know why my Sifu is known as "The General"

Because of his passion and dedication to the Choy Lay Fut Buck Sing fighting arts of the legendary Master Fighter Tarm Sarm, Master Dave Lacey's own personal innovative fighting skills has earned him the utmost respect and worldwide recognition from his peers and fellow CLF brothers around the world. As a tribute to him and in respect for his unique martial skills and his efforts and outspoken stand in defending and propagating the CLF Buck Sing martial arts in the past few decades, his most loyal senior students at the Buck Sing Gwoon in Melbourne have affectionately referred to him as the "General" since 1991. His great reputation as a true fighting master of CLF is well known to all and the title of "General" is deserving of one who has contributed so much to making the Buck Sing name so revered in the Chinese Martial Arts today.

Nick

Buck Sing Gwoon
05-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Very Good video From the General Lacey .....very good kung fu

its funny to saw the game between the two brothers ......one post video the other respond ....round 5 now:)

To Hsk warrior
Frank Ur the best director video .....But I more like rock music (good folk ,blues or hard rock):) but the video of GM Wong have very good music ....thank
We have the old clips you post ...thank for the tribute

Steeve

Just wanted to make it perfectly clear that there is no competition between the two brothers. My sifu doesn't need to compete with anyone.

For those who are not aware my Sifu Dave Lacey was in Melbourne, Australia recently (a month ago) where he conducted a Buck Sing Fighting Arts workshop at my school. My Sifu also celebrated his birthday with us here in Australia. You can see the pictures on his website at www.pantherfist.com

I was ready to put out Part 4 of my Sifu’s youtube when he arrived in Melbourne some 4 weeks ago, however my sifu decided to hold off until his return to the US. It was just coincidental.

So Steeeve, the only person playing a game here is you.

To everyone else please enjoy my Sifu’s youtube and I hope that it gives you inspiration and insight into the fighting style of Buck Sing Choy Lay Fut.

Nick

hskwarrior
05-27-2007, 11:11 PM
nick,

i for one am glad for many reasons that you posted these video's.

being hung sing, and knowing how we approach our gung fu, seeing your vids are sooooo refreshing because what i thought we OUR schools training methods are also YOURS.

man, i would love to see the general when he was in his late 20's early 30's. what monsters the two brothers would have been.

man, i miss having lunch with the general. you have to be on guard at all times, but its fun times. i love that man.

and i'm personally happy because i've always heard how good kong hing was, and it's evident in his applications. you can see when it comes down to it, he'd break you off all up in your arse.

im glad i met him in fut san. nice guy too.

stay in touch nick

Eddie
05-27-2007, 11:59 PM
are both the lacey brothers sifus living in the USA now?

k-no
05-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi Eddie,

My Sifu Dave Lacey and his brother Vince Lacey are indeed both teaching in the US at this time.

BTW awesome pics Dai Sihing Nick. Looking forward to the footage of the workshop.

k

Eddie
05-28-2007, 01:29 AM
thanks kno.
thats one family I NEVER want to cross.
Dont know much or care much about their own politics, but I love their stuff. I think Shane is a good martial artist. Like Infrazel said to me the othe day, he seem to be one of those guys who just like any martial art, just because its martial arts.

I see the guy in the video does the pek gwa saber. What northern forms do you guys do?

nospam
05-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Nick

Thanks for the backstory. Vids are always cool to watch and very interesting.

You folks crosstrain at all re: ground or submission?

nospam

Vilmore
05-28-2007, 10:11 AM
"the wait for part four is over!"

Thanks Nick, that was an excellent video ones again.

I have just one question, are you still working on that Buck Sing Gwoon DVD?

Lama Pai Sifu
05-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Eddie,

My Sifu Dave Lacey and his brother Vince Lacey are indeed both teaching in the US at this time.

BTW awesome pics Dai Sihing Nick. Looking forward to the footage of the workshop.

k

Are they 'teaching' in the US or 'living' in the US? If so, where?

CLFNole
05-28-2007, 11:43 AM
I know SIfu Vince Lacey's school is somewhere in the San Francisco bay area. Not sure about Sifu Dave Lacey, but I believe he has a student that teaches in NY, I think TenTigers is friends with him.

k-no
05-28-2007, 01:04 PM
DVD is in progress and work has and is being done in both Australia and here in the US. It'll be out soon enough and my Sihing Nick will be making an announcement.

I thought by me saying they taught in the US it was implied they 'lived' here. As for where they are 'living' I'll leave it at that. I'm not really sure where that question was going but if you are wondering if he's in NY, I can say (my Sifu Dave) spends his time between here and there, here being CA.

Yes 'Nole, my Buck Sing brother DF has a group in NY. I think the martial community there is aware of where they are training. (as opposed to 'living')

k

Steeeve
05-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Nick

Sorry Men for the post ...Im sure GM General Lacey dont need to compete with anyone .....

I dont play game just give a opinion or question ....and thank for your You tube videos and to respond to my questions...Thats clear now

All my respect
Steeve