PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Liddell....KTFO!

AmanuJRY
05-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Jackson won.

:D:D:D

SenseiShellie
05-26-2007, 11:52 PM
such an upset, but man it was sooooo nice.:D:D:D:D

Mr Punch
05-27-2007, 01:32 AM
:mad::mad::mad:
How about putting the word
SPOILERS
in the ****ing thread title, instead of just ****ing
SPOILING
it for others?

MODS! How about a ****ing sticky?

yenhoi
05-27-2007, 04:51 AM
LOL @ spoiler rules

:rolleyes:

AmanuJRY
05-27-2007, 06:16 AM
I don't know about an 'upset'...it went down fairly close to how I predicted.:cool:

As for being a spoiler, I don't know how, it was only plastered all over the UFC webpage almost instantly after the fight...I waited an hour or so.:D

Mr Punch
05-27-2007, 07:25 AM
As for being a spoiler, I don't know how, it was only plastered all over the UFC webpage almost instantly after the fight...I waited an hour or so.:DIs that supposed to be a joke?

LOL @ spoiler rules

:rolleyes:And I don't know what the **** your problem is. I would have thought it would be common courtesy... oh, silly me, there is no such thing...

MasterKiller
05-27-2007, 08:08 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3HHvjw1Sy7XeBeJhx

rogue
05-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Gee thanks MK, now you spoiled the fight for me.:D

Jackson looked very confident from the beginning, Chuck somehow didn't.

Mega-Foot
05-27-2007, 11:47 AM
His Hop Gar just wasn't strong enough. He's been focusing too much on that MMA nonsense.

SenseiShellie
05-27-2007, 11:57 AM
His Hop Gar just wasn't strong enough. He's been focusing too much on that MMA nonsense.

Wrong thread Mega Foot.

street_fighter
05-27-2007, 12:28 PM
WTF? I don't watch many fights but do they usually stop it that quickly? Chuck looked shocked too, he could have kept going. He only caught him with one punch... that seemed alittle anticlimactic.

bodhitree
05-27-2007, 02:13 PM
WTF? I don't watch many fights but do they usually stop it that quickly? Chuck looked shocked too, he could have kept going. He only caught him with one punch... that seemed alittle anticlimactic.

He also got hit with 6 shots while on the ground and did NOTHING to protect himself. Good call by Big John.

Congrats Rampage. Where's Wanderlei? Henderson?

PangQuan
05-27-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/3HHvjw1Sy7XeBeJhx

crazy.

thanks for posting that.

chuck looked a bit suprised it ended like that

Liddel
05-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't know about an 'upset'...it went down fairly close to how I predicted.:cool:

For the completely BLIND, i am a BIG iceman fan, but it went as i predicted also.

If you watch the first pride fight between these guys, Chuck gets tagged several times with the same punch as this fight. With similar results.
In the PRIDE fight he left his hands down too, a typical charachteristic of his unorthodox stand up.

And to Rampage's credit he knew this about chuck and it suited his heavy right hook. If you remember the pre fight promo Rampage stated "Chuck is the same fighter as last time, he hasn't changed" hence de ja vous

Rampage is a clown and likes to joke but he aint no dummy IMO. :(

Liddel
05-27-2007, 05:01 PM

If you look carefully chuck got knocked DOWN with one punch, but Rampage followed with punches on the ground which GLANCED Chuck. Then Rampage changed to a downward ELBOW which knocked Chuck unconcious for a split second.

M'carthy saw chuck go limp for that split second - Game over :(

Chuck was awake but dazy very quick - a testiment to his ability to take a knock :rolleyes:

rogue
05-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I think the somewhat quick ends also help protect the fighter, not to mention set up a quick rematch between two still healthy opponents.

DPL
05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
He also got hit with 6 shots while on the ground and did NOTHING to protect himself. Good call by Big John.

Yeah - good call by Big John. He won't call a fight unless the fighter's out, and Chuck was gone for a second. When they showed the replay of Chuck sitting back up his eyes still weren't focused.

He was classy at the end, though - he admitted he made a mistake and paid for it. I like watching Chuck fight but I've been waiting for someone to teach him a lesson about keeping those hands down and Rampage definitely taught him a lesson.

What about Houston Alexander annihilating Keith Jardine? Didn't expect that one at all and that was a massacre. He lifted Jardine off his feet 2-3 times and just kept punching him. Jardine can take a punch but he got destroyed.

Liddel
05-27-2007, 07:37 PM
What about Houston Alexander annihilating Keith Jardine? Didn't expect that one at all and that was a massacre. He lifted Jardine off his feet 2-3 times and just kept punching him. Jardine can take a punch but he got destroyed.

Yeah that was a sick fight ! fights like that are always exciting...

Alexander looked like he got knocked down (he said he slipped :rolleyes:) Jardine comes in and realises ohh s--t he's still on form :eek:

That guy can BANG :)

SevenStar
05-27-2007, 08:53 PM

Congrats Rampage. Where's Wanderlei? Henderson?

I heard henderson getsthe next title shot.

sanjuro_ronin
05-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Jackson has Chuck's number, Chuck drops his hands too much and Jackson has a great counter-hook.
In regards to that clip, Jackson was moving better, better defense and head movement, he was the better striker.

Ref's call was just at the moment he made it.

yenhoi
05-28-2007, 04:58 AM
LOL @ common courtesy remark in general, but extra LOL on getting upset on a MMA board about the biggest MMA fight results since the last UFC.

and extra LOL on top for good measure.

:eek:

bodhitree
05-28-2007, 06:37 AM
What about Karo? His boxing has impoved a lot! He used to throw sloppy haymakers, but he was pinpoint. He also landed a sweet harai goshi!

sanjuro_ronin
05-28-2007, 06:50 AM
I love the way karo throws people, even in his losing effort with Sanchez, he threw him almost at will.

AmanuJRY
05-28-2007, 11:04 AM

That was nuts. When I tell my friends about that fight I say he got hit enough times to knock out seven guys...:cool:

----

Karo is awesome with throws, but he needs to win by more than just decisions to get a title shot, IMO.

Royal Dragon
05-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Something tells me we will be seeing Liddell losing a lot more from now on.

Mr Punch
05-28-2007, 05:23 PM
LOL @ common courtesy remark in general, but extra LOL on getting upset on a MMA board about the biggest MMA fight results since the last UFC.

and extra LOL on top for good measure.

:eek:
1) I ain't actually particularly upset... If you type complaints in normal type, nobody pays any attention around here, hence the use of the new forum fonts :D
2) Nobody rumbled the last UFC results to me.
3) If it isn't even slightly bigger than the last UFC, how come this one gets a special thread?

Whatever. :rolleyes:

BTW, onto the topic, I always thought Chuck was a little over-rated in skills, though he can take a knock and punch hard. He's always been kind of flat-footed with lumbering footwork, slow in changing levels in his striking and one-dimensional. I'm also glad that Rampage, who many had tagged as the next never-made-it has-been has shaken off his ring rust to beat Chuck convincingly a second time. Shame he found God, he was much funnier when he hadn't, but I hope he makes it bigger and bigger: I like his style.

I do like Chuck too, and I don't think he's necessarily going to be losing much more...!

Looking forward to Wandy getting back on track (anyone know what he's up for next?) and Henderson challenging Rampage.

AmanuJRY
05-28-2007, 05:51 PM
I do like Chuck too, and I don't think he's necessarily going to be losing much more...!

Looking forward to Wandy getting back on track (anyone know what he's up for next?) and Henderson challenging Rampage.

We'll see about how much losing he might do...:D

My prediction is Dana is going to give Wanderlei Silva a shot at Chuck.

Wandy? (Elmer Fudd for Randy Couture??) Heavyweights in the UFC need to be prepared for the likes of Gonzaga and Noguiera (sp?), and most especially Fedor.

Royal Dragon
05-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Fedor Will dominate anywhere he goes.

I'd actually like to see him against Cung Le.

SevenStar
05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I like cung le, but I think fedor would kill him.

lkfmdc
05-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Fedor Will dominate anywhere he goes.

I'd actually like to see him against Cung Le.

Are you joking? A way over 200 lber vs a guy who was best at 176

Mr Punch
05-28-2007, 09:07 PM
We'll see about how much losing he might do...:DYeah, I wasn't meaning he was invincible by any means, just that I didn't see his loss to Rampage as the signifier of a losing streak.

My prediction is Dana is going to give Wanderlei Silva a shot at Chuck.I really want to see that!

and most especially Fedor.And I'll happily watch Fedor anytime. Personally, I think he's as close to unbeatable as any league has got right now.

Cung Le against Fedor!? :eek: Are you joking RD?

AmanuJRY
05-28-2007, 10:47 PM
And I'll happily watch Fedor anytime. Personally, I think he's as close to unbeatable as any league has got right now.

Word!:cool:

monji112000
05-29-2007, 06:29 PM
is it me or does chuck drop his hands too much?
If he had his hands up, I don't think rampage would have dropped him. 10 seconds into the fight I started to remember what lkfmdc constantly says about dropping your hands....

I smell a rematch some in the next 3 fights that chuck has. (or he retires).

Honestly I would love to see wanderlei silva come and knock Rampage out AGAIN. It seems to me like a big waste of time, Dana should have skipped Rampage and just had wanderlei fight chuck..

Then we can have shogun and ninja come over from pride also..
can anyone tell I am a big fan of Chute?

AmanuJRY
05-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Nogueira, Mauricio Rua, and Henderson have all been signed to UFC.

Dana White says that Silva will probably be Chuck's next fight.

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/is-pride-officially-dead/ (http://http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/is-pride-officially-dead/)

...and in case anyone was wondering how much people got paid for the last UFC;
Chuck Liddell: $500,000
Quinton Jackson: $225,000
Karo Parisyan: $32,000
Ivan Salaverry: $17,500
Terry Martin: $12,000
Kalib Starnes: $10,000
Chris Leben: $10,000
Houston Alexander: $8,000
Josh Burkman: $7,000
Keith Jardine: $7,000
Din Thomas: $28,000
Wilson Gouveia: $16,000
Thiago Silva: $16,000
Alan Belcher: $14,000
James Irvin: $7,000
Carmelo Marrero: $5,000
Sean Salmon: $3,000
Jeremy Stephens: $3,000

Becca
06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
BTW, onto the topic, I always thought Chuck was a little over-rated in skills, though he can take a knock and punch hard. He's always been kind of flat-footed with lumbering footwork, slow in changing levels in his striking and one-dimensional...

Ok. I actually wasn't going to repeat this, as I posted it on another thread a few months ago, but after MK's antics on the main board...:p

Chuck fell to the same thing that has gotten every title holder in the last 12 months or so. It just took him a bit longer to fall. He changed his game plan. When you have a game plan that is working 100% of the time, you don't change it up. That is not to say you don't work your stuff that would best counter your next opponant. But to change up your base fighting style mid-stream when what you had was still working fine is just goofy.

I was very disapointed to see how much chuck changed. And the one thing he didn't change was his hands at arm pit level. Chuck has always been a bit lumbering with his foot work, but this last fight, it looked to me like he was trying to force himself to use foot work he wasn't completely used to yet. And I saw not one good example of that catter-wonkey hook punch he has always used so well. :)

Sad, sad, sad.

Knifefighter
06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Chuck fell to the same thing that has gotten every title holder in the last 12 months or so. It just took him a bit longer to fall. He changed his game plan. .

How did he change his game plan?

sanjuro_ronin
06-06-2007, 04:40 AM

Yeah, how did he?

Looked like the same old Chuck to me....

Hands held too low, looking to tag you as you come in, taking his time, etc...

he got tagged by a solid punch, no game plan prepares you for getting tagged, on any given day, anyone can get tagged and ko'ed.

Vajramusti
06-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Not a big deal. One mistake can change a fight.
CL went downstairs for a "leading" body shot leaving his head open.
The other guys timed head shot was shorter and to the mark .
Not the end of the world.

joy chaudhuri

Becca
06-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Nope, Chuck's a counter-fighter most of the time. Last 2 fights it looked to me like he was trying to bring it. He was not waiting for his oponant to over extend as he usually would. Also, his foot work changed. He used to remind me of a lumbering bull. His last couple of fights, it looked to me like he was almost using boxing footwork, i.e. shuffling his feet more, weaving a bit. But it also looked like he didn't feel comfortable using it.

There's nothing wrong with any of those changes. But have to move faster than he was. You get hit more that way. His hands down habit ment he eats those punches, and against Jakson, that just isn't smart. He got away with it from Tito, thogh with Tito's boxing background, I have no idea why. But Jacson made him pay. In boxing you get the 10 count. And Chuck recovered well. But you don't get no 10 count in MMA.