PDA

View Full Version : Who IS that guy???

TenTigers
05-27-2007, 04:52 PM
If anyone has the old Bruce Tegner books, Complete Book of Karate, or Kung-Fu and Tai-Chi, the guy demonstrating the Kung-Fu wears the same uniform worn by Ark Yuey Wong. The Kung-Fu he demonstrates is very "peculiar" as well. Anyone know who he is, who he trained with, what style, and what forms and techniques he was doing?

Jingwu Man
05-28-2007, 11:05 AM
My Sigong knows that whole system, I'm not sure of the name, but it's a southern style for sure. The forms aren't very hard until about the sixth one, but the purpose is a strong foundation and instant valuable fighting techniques. My Sigong likes to teach this stuff to teenagers to build them up a bit.
The first few forms are patterned on Chinese Characters , the first one being literally one (-), a straight lne.
Second is ten (lower case T)
Third is gong, sideways H.
fourth is the character for rice, so going in eight different directions.
the next two I'm fuzzy on, but after that is the eagle form, the swallow form, and a few other much more difficult hand forms.
At each level there is also a complementary partner form.
My teacher says this style was meant to produce effective fighters fast, so it's kinda cool. I always thought the guy in the Tegner book should have worked on his stances more before photographing himself.