PDA

View Full Version : Taiji In Houston

DMK
05-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Hello Members ,
I am new to the forums ,and wanted to see if anyone would share their opinions on taiji in Houston.
Houston is big with lots of diversity and things to do, but how is the taiji community. Things seem a little slow or very private here.
What is your view on taiji\kungfu in Houston?

flying_phoenix
06-04-2007, 02:30 PM
From my research, it is clear that Houston is far behind other major cities when it comes to Chinese Martial Arts. This may be for several reasons, including politics, poor school relationships, and possible lack of opporunity and awareness to the public.

More empirical research needs to be conducted in order to see what exactly the trends and issues are.

Songshan
06-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Hiya,

Yeah I think Houston is starting to get on the map in terms of CMA. If its just Taji you are looking for there is a Chen style Taji school on Sovereign St in China Town. I believe Madam Wong use to teach there too but I don not know who the master is teaching there now.

GLW
06-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Madam Wang's school is still where it always was. Her husband, Dr. Wu Chengde still practices Chinese Medicine there. Also, the classes are taught by Madam Wang's youngest daughter, Lucy (Xiaoping) Wu.

SenseiShellie
06-05-2007, 11:59 AM
There's also this person...

http://www.chenstyletaichi.com/