PDA

View Full Version : Eagle vs. Shark (The Revenge of Rex?)

GeneChing
05-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I just saw this trailer and its very reminiscent of Napoleon Dynamite - a nerd love story with a martial arts angle.

From Coming Soon (http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=17762)

Eagle vs. Shark
Release Date: June 15, 2007 (NY, LA; wider release: June 29)
Studio: Miramax Films
Director: Taika Waititi
Screenwriter: Taika Waititi
Starring: Loren Horsley, Jemaine Clement, Brian Sergent, Rachel House, Craig Hall, Joel Tobeck, Jackie van Beek
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: R (for language, some sexuality, and brief animated violence)
Official Website: EaglevsShark.net
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: One-Sheet | Teaser
Production Stills: View here
Plot Summary: "Eagle vs. Shark," directed by Academy AwardŽ-nominee Taika Waititi (the short, "Two Cars One Night"), is a wry comedy that chronicles the quirky romance of two awkward misfits, Lily (Loren Horsley), a shy fast-food restaurant cashier, and her crush, Jarrod (Jemaine Clement, HBO's "One Night Stand: The Flight of the Conchords"), an electronic store clerk. On the day Lily gets fired from her job at Meaty Boy, she musters up the courage to attend Jarrod's annual "come as your favorite animal" costume party. The dressy affair sparks the beginnings of a romance as well a small journey for the pair to Jarrod's quiet hometown, in which Jarrod plans to seek revenge on an old nemesis and where Lily unwittingly finds herself stranded amongst Jarrod's family of eccentrics.

I thought Rex Kwon Do was laugh-out-loud funny. That was until I kicked down a KFM lanyard to this really hot volunteer at a concert I was working at, and she totally blew me off with the comment "Rex Kwon Do?" Now, another nerd MA flick has me worried about our public image.

GeneChing
06-21-2007, 11:17 AM
EAGLE VS. SHARK: Geek Fu Meets Kung Fu (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=717)

MasterKiller
06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
That was until I kicked down a KFM lanyard to this really hot volunteer at a concert I was working at.

*sends email to Gene's wife*