PDA

View Full Version : Dietary advice

SoCo KungFu
05-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm looking for some books or a web link that can explain ins and out of a more fitness related diet tailored to a more athletic based use. In other words I'm not overweight or anything. Just want to take my game to the next level and of course diet is a part of that. Only problem is all the resources at the library and the book store you seem to need a Ph.d as a requirement to make sense of the things.

So anyways, resource that is a more light or easy read. But gets the information out. I've read a book from Pavel Testouline or however you spell it on weight lifting. Not sure what you guys think of him but I like his writing style. So that's kinda the layout I'm looking for. Thanks

Oh and while I'm here....I don't really have much access to a gym. In fact there isn't one in the town I'm in at the moment...go figure. Anybody got a good body weight exercise to work the upper back/scapula area? Particularly aiding in ways of grabbing in pulling in that could be translated over into a martial use. I mean no equipment needed save my own body. This town sucks.....

Thanks in advance.
CJ~

Water Dragon
05-30-2007, 07:50 PM
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

SoCo KungFu
05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the link...

I do have one problem though. Its with the whole eating every 3 or so hours deal. This I have known for a while and I try to adhere to. In fact thats really a more natural schedule for me anyways as when I do eat I just can't eat a large meal if I wanted to and I'm always hungry every couple hours or so. The problem though is that daily activity simply doesn't permit this schedule. Being in the military, lunch breaks just aren't really a priority in the schedule books. There are days I may have to go 10-12 hours before I can eat. Usually its just breakfast and dinner on heavy work days. And its really just out of my hands if they don't let us eat...we don't eat. So with this in mind..what is the best way to recover from such a day? Obviously I don't want to gorge as soon as I get home. Or do I?

Water Dragon
05-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Hell, I dunno. I work in an office with a cafeteria right under me. I got a steady access of fresh, healthy food all day. I'm spoiled.

SoCo KungFu
05-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Hell, I dunno. I work in an office with a cafeteria right under me. I got a steady access of fresh, healthy food all day. I'm spoiled.

Some day, that's going to be the life for me :)

Just got a year of training into my new medical career and then its off to the reserves for me. Gonna get me a job in a nice clean hospital somewheres. Cafeteria and all. Hospitals got healthy food right? Hopefully I won't have to do too many days on ambulance runs. "Hey CJ give me the blood for transfusion...<looks in cooler> Ummm...well I don't have any blood...but I got this nice baked chicken and vegies. Oh how bout a Hi-C? That's red!" :D