05-30-2007, 11:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com:80/watch?v=hf5hSWFZXN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feAM9_tIzio

Vyvial
05-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I've watched them all in complete awe.

Liddel
05-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Interesting hand form Geppy - you certainly are enthusiastic about your VT.

2 questions i have about your BJD... :rolleyes:

1 - What is the purpose and/or bennifits of having face to face body position/posture when applying actions with the BJD ?

2 - What is the application/name of the action with the DO facing upwards with your palm facing your head ? (looks like a reversed/upsidedown Bong Do, elbow in?)

Curious
DREW

YungChun
06-04-2007, 06:11 AM
What lineage is that? It doesn't look like VT or WT or WC...

Which form is that?

AmanuJRY
06-04-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm not at all impressed by demo video of lower level students performing un-committed attacks at a walking speed while the instructor blasts him with his 'devistating' technique.....from any lineage or style.:(

The dummy, pole and BJD stuff I saw was interesting. :o

Geppy
06-04-2007, 08:35 AM
But what you say?

Geppy
06-04-2007, 08:58 AM
What lineage is that? It doesn't look like VT or WT or WC...

Which form is that?

Lineage Leung Ting.

Flash (
siu niu tau-chum kiu-biutse)

Geppy
06-04-2007, 10:30 AM
=Liddel;766994]Interesting hand form Geppy - you certainly are enthusiastic about your VT.
Thanks.

2 questions i have about your BJD... :rolleyes:

ok

1 - What is the purpose and/or bennifits of having face to face body position/posture when applying actions with the BJD ?
Sorry,what you mean for BJD?

2 - What is the application/name of the action with the DO facing upwards with your palm facing your head ? (looks like a reversed/upsidedown Bong Do, elbow in?)

What?

Big Vern
06-04-2007, 10:38 AM
More WT egocentric demos.
I observe that most of these Sifu/Masters from LTWT and EWTO suffer from confidence greater than skill issues.
No resistance visible and the same powerless hand speed.

However, I do enjoy a descent Emin Boztepe clip!
Regards.
BV.

AmanuJRY
06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
More WT egocentric demos.
I observe that most of these Sifu/Masters from LTWT and EWTO suffer from confidence greater than skill issues.
No resistance visible and the same powerless hand speed.

However, I do enjoy a descent Emin Boztepe clip!
Regards.
BV.

Nice way to put it.:D

The big question is...What are you trying to demonstrate???

Fighting ability and self defence should be demonstrated in somewhat realistic environments at realistic levels (otherwise it's only demonstrating choreography).

The best demonstrations of chi sau skill usually come from two people of relatively close skill.

Like;
Gratuitous Emin Boztepe clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaP1X-lEtgc)

But these kind are perfect for demonstrating the superior dominance of the head instructor.;)

Instructors should be thinking about learning, practicing and most important, teaching instead of making demos. If your trying to get famous, become a sport fighter.:cool:

AndrewS
06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Big Vern,

are you one of Steve Tappin's group? I think I've heard a handle similar to yours in conjuction with him at one point.

If so, welcome to KFO, I'm one of Emin's students from LA.

Andrew

Liddel
06-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Sorry,what you mean for BJD?

Baat Jum Do - the eight section sword form of Ving Tsun Kuen.

What ?
The action/s about 1:04 in the second video...

What part of the Eight BJD sections is this...?
Im guessing section two, cause you have actions that Look Like Guarn Do :rolleyes:

DREW

Big Vern
06-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Hi Andrew S.
I train with Nick Smart and Milan Prosenica, both Ex-WT thumpers.
I train my sport game with Milan and my wing chun method and skills with Nick.
Both these guys left LTWT because they were able to transcend the ego base level through hard work and application.
They both see honesty, integrity and activity as the keys to success.
I met Emin in the early 1990's in Manchester England, where he conducted a seminar for Nick's top fighters, he certainly left a strong impression (bootprint on my chest).
The one major factor that has kept me training with Nick/Milan is that sparring underpins the whole method, without chaos and resistance you may as well live in an ice castle on a hot day.
Regards.
BV.

AndrewS
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Vern,

Yeah, sifu was much less mellow during that time period. I started training with him then and still carry a souvenier (bone chip off my ribs from a short power demo). I heard Nick asked him to show him his skills and he got an excellent demonstration.

I'm a big fan of the sparring approach and have lived off it for a while. I'd love to pick your brain on Milan's stuff. PM me if you feel like sharing. My blog is up on the S&C board. It'll give you a little idea of how I train, and may have some material of interest to you.

What are you walking around at these days, btw? It's rare to find other heavyweights who've been in the game for a while.

Andrew

tjwingchun
06-06-2007, 01:57 AM
It's the sort of video that caused me to get so much hatred and venom when I started to go into the Bullshido and K1 type forums when I said I did Wing Chun, and you cannot blame them with videos like this one that look flash to the untrained or a beginner, but to an experienced fighter it is a joke.

I have respect for the fighters that have emerged from Wing Tsun, mainly from the teaching of Keith Kernspetch but there so many so called 'Masters' from the ranks of Leung Ting that avoid the reality of fighting and justify their techniques by slapping complient students instead of having a physical discussion with someone from another discipline.

'Happy slapping' a stationary student with a blindfold on is hardly a demonstration of anything apart from the level of brainwashing you have achieved in your school.

I am also slightly dubious that you are the same 'Geppy' that is in the video as you appear to want to give the impression of an idiot with your replies! Then again who am I to judge as I am hardly the brightest button in the box, lol. :D:D:D

Big Vern
06-06-2007, 03:47 AM
AndrewS.

Nick Smart back in the day was the scariest man I had ever met, his ferocity and aggression levels were incredible, he is now a tactile and family based man, who oozes skill and understanding. Like all scrappers time heals the fury within.
Milan was the envy of all during his time with WT, he has told me personally that LT and KK were very wary of him due to the fact that he knocked people out for real and not on paper.
I will pm you with a short overview of Milans fight training.
Nick and Emin had a very agreeable relationship during the period discussed and Nick was going to be the Headman for the USA, he came over with LT and featured on American TV.
However, due to the pull of his family and grassroots affiliations he stayed as UK Headman until we all chose to leave LT in 1995, all the Instructors voted unanimously to leave and create a dual lead Organisation with Nick and Milan at the helm. Since then we've never looked back. We dont pull the punters like WT can, but hey at least we have a functional core and demonstrate loyalty and integrity at every opportunity.

Your training blog is certainly inspirational mate, you train like a Pro fighter most of all of the time, admirable.
As for weight I am 200lbs, 43 yrs old and can still run 7 miles in under 50 mins.

I am looking forward to some interesting communications.

Cheers.
BV.

couch
06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
AndrewS.

Nick Smart back in the day was the scariest man I had ever met, his ferocity and aggression levels were incredible, he is now a tactile and family based man, who oozes skill and understanding. Like all scrappers time heals the fury within.
Milan was the envy of all during his time with WT, he has told me personally that LT and KK were very wary of him due to the fact that he knocked people out for real and not on paper.
I will pm you with a short overview of Milans fight training.
Nick and Emin had a very agreeable relationship during the period discussed and Nick was going to be the Headman for the USA, he came over with LT and featured on American TV.
However, due to the pull of his family and grassroots affiliations he stayed as UK Headman until we all chose to leave LT in 1995, all the Instructors voted unanimously to leave and create a dual lead Organisation with Nick and Milan at the helm. Since then we've never looked back. We dont pull the punters like WT can, but hey at least we have a functional core and demonstrate loyalty and integrity at every opportunity.

Your training blog is certainly inspirational mate, you train like a Pro fighter most of all of the time, admirable.
As for weight I am 200lbs, 43 yrs old and can still run 7 miles in under 50 mins.

I am looking forward to some interesting communications.

Cheers.
BV.

Don't mean to rudely jump in this one at this point, but I love to see what people are up to when they train to fight.

Any chance you can PM me for some vids?

All the best,
Kenton Sefcik

AndrewS
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Vern- check your PMs.

Andrew