View Full Version : North East Open - Albany, Ny

djcaldwell
05-31-2007, 07:47 AM
1st Annual Northeast Open
at the Albany Marriott
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Albany, NY

http://www.northeastopen.com

This is an OPEN FORMS tournament that is coming up in July. I spoke with the Tourney Director yesterday and he's hoping to get some good turn out from the CMA practitioners as well. He's making a valiant effort to create a good open tourney let's represent our art.

If you are in the area or interested check out the site - hope to see you up there.

MasterKiller
05-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Forms and breaking? That's it?

Traditional Forms - Creative Forms - Team Traditional Forms - Team Creative Forms
Traditional Weapons - Creative Weapons - Team Traditional Weapons - Team Creative Weapons

Creative Wood Breaking -Creative Open Breaking
Power Wood Breaking (Foot & Hand) - Power Concrete Breaking (Hand & Elbow

djcaldwell
05-31-2007, 08:15 AM
YUP that's it for now. It was a debated issue he said with litterally a 50/50 response. The reasoning for the no sparring / fighting matches at the first competition was that he is trying to promote some accord amongst Martial Artists in general. Plus the Director is a Sport TKD guy and didn't feel it was fair to put everyone under those rules.

However he is looking to add fighting to the next one and I told him I'd direct him to Ross for a San Da event which regarless of "style" they can get in the ring and show how they apply their techniques. But that is when he's ready for the next one.

For this initial event - I'm of the opinion that it's a good idea to start and try to avoid the "my style is superior and will kick your styles butt" and rather try and build some bridges for good competitions in the future.

So again if anyone is up there or even wants to travel to compete I would encourage you to do so.