PDA

View Full Version : New goal: Abs by July

Li Kao
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I have been very undisciplined the last month or two since finishing classes -- slacking too much on diet, drinking way too much beer, poor sleep, and erratic training. I've also started a new job and moved to a new place in that time, so my overall routine has been off.

As a result, I've put on some body fat in my abdomen and have the beginnings of the dreaded beer belly. Now that I'm settled in again somewhat, I have a new short-term goal: abs by July. Hope it doesn't come off as narcississtic -- I'm basically happy with my physique otherwise, but that is the easiest barometer of body fat without getting out a set of calipers, and I need to nip off this rut in the bud.

So the plan for June: reduce calorie intake slightly, avoid binge drinking (ala killing a case of Bud while watching the Rampage-Liddell UFC), and resume regular cardio and weight training. I'm hoping my sleep will improve, but I'm taking a summer Microbiology class this month so that may not be as realistic.
These goals might be a little vague and not very specific, but that's usually how I do it. If things go well, I'll post results. Heck, even if they don't, I will own up to my failures. Part of this is a test of my own discipline. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open to them ...

PangQuan
06-01-2007, 05:49 PM
if you still wanna get hammered, switch to the hard stuff.

also i find when im trying to set myself up for a successfull run at a training goal, if i formulate a solid game plan and write it down daily in a journal/log/blog it really helps

when you actually commit to writing stuff down, you can really tell when you see day or two where you write "nothing done cause im a lazy ass", its an easy way to keep yourself motivated by guilt lol

but i believe you can do it man.

just think of all the hot chicks that will be kickin it this summer.

i swear man, sometimes girls are a great motivation! :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-01-2007, 08:26 PM
before and after pics.

let us motivate you through teasing and cruelty.

Li Kao
06-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Lol see, that's what I was shooting for -- public ridicule and humiliation. I need that kind of motivation to keep me honest. Pang -- good suggestion, but the truth is, I need to just lay off the booze in all forms -- just not consistent with the goals I have for myself. I agree that keeping a daily log is good -- I'll try to use this thread as my reality check to make sure I'm maintaining my integrity.

GDA -- I somehow lost/misplaced my cheap digital camera in my recent move -- though I'll try to borrow my roomate's in the next day or so for some before pics -- as embarrasing as it will be, I think the motivation (taunting) by you all will help me in the long run.

Thanks for your support!

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-02-2007, 09:03 AM
actually i got the same goal as you ... ill post my abs too.

ive got the top four showing pretty good, but the bottom two are a little hidden and i still got some love handles.