PDA

View Full Version : early UFC

Laukarbo
06-02-2007, 09:43 PM
just saw a very early UFC (I think UFC 2 )..

Its on a Unaired UFC fights disc..anyway the quality is terrible..recorded from TV..
There are a few fights with Kung Fu guys,one wing chun guy fights a karate/jiu Jitsu guy the WC guy loses but only because of injury,the JJ guy dominated though but it took more than 10 minutes...

5 animal vs. JJ, when the 5 animal guy came to the ring dressed in his kung fu uniform I kinda thought oh my gosh..but he actually won the fight,he dominated stand up and on the ground..the JJ guy tapped out..

Now Im not so familar withall that UFC/Pride stuff..but I thought Kung Fu never won any fights ..this is what Im getting from all these "MMA is better threads"
well those wrere old fights..the standart is much higher now I guess but still..

I heard about a Hung Gar guy(wing Lam) who had 2 ufc fights and won them both..

Anyone else saw UFC 2 ?

MasterKiller
06-03-2007, 07:00 AM
I heard about a Hung Gar guy(wing Lam) who had 2 ufc fights and won them both..

Anyone else saw UFC 2 ?

Onassis Parungao. His sceen name here is Subatai.

SevenStar
06-03-2007, 10:12 AM
it's not that they didn't win, but they very rarely won. and these days, you don't see them at all

SifuAbel
06-03-2007, 10:40 AM
You could count the kung fu guys participating in UFC on one hand. Its not like there were thousands.

Now a days, if there is a CMA influence, its buried deep in the credentials.

Laukarbo
06-03-2007, 08:21 PM
in my opinion,if one wanna compete in UFC or mma matches he has to train specificially like that...boxing and grappling. Thats why there are rarely any cma fighter...Im not on the "we are too deadly BS" but there had to be a big change in the training,the approach of techniques..cos in CMA you dont train to have long fights or roll around on the floor...(in a few styles you do though..like chinese wrestling)

wiz cool c
06-03-2007, 09:14 PM
where did you buy that.