PDA

View Full Version : I really need an explination.

techno22
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Okay, I don't mean to offend anyone. But this is just another Martial Arts (Tang Soo Do) student here who has been a large Chinese Kung Fu fan since he was little. I loved the Bruce Lee, Chow Yun Fat, Jet Li, and Samo Hung aires on TV. Why am I saying this? Becuase after posting what I'm about to post in the exact same manner on another big Martial Arts forum (you can probably guess the name), I was banned for offending their forum after only 8 minutes of my first thread being made. I was un-able to get an answer or see if anyone had answer my thread. It was disappointing because I really was seeking an answer to my questions, so here it is(please excuse my language, a mod can delete the curse words if he pleases). My same post from that forum, please do your best to answer my questions...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr8xGmrlJUw

Check it out. Its actual footage of a kung fu competition in China in 1984. I'm studying kung fu right now (well Tang Soo Do to be exact, but Kung Fu doesnt have to be a Chinese Fighting System) and am distgusted to see this. Someone mind explaining what in the hell happened?

If you wanna argue that those people aren't professionals, well then here are TWO PROs at their art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S19VsB7__v0

They fight just as crappy, if not crappy. How the hell can someone be considered a grand master and still fight like THAT?

I really want an explination here.

Mr Punch
06-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I really couldn't explin. I wouldn't know how.

Yum Cha
06-04-2007, 06:28 PM
This is some more clips from the same tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmoN3OpJbXU

A little bit different, wouldn't you agree?

But, I'll have to agree, absolutly pu$$ified compared to the Tan Soo Do world championships here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAjey3hiVI

PangQuan
06-04-2007, 06:33 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TcnT3Mx-ZTU

check this vid. san shou world cup highlight.

these are 'kungfu' practitioners. someone had to teach them and train them to fight.

im sorry to say, you just looked at the wrong vids....i am hoping you are not creating a blanket assumption of chinese martial arts based on 2 very very circulated youtube.com vids.....

look more harder!

EDIT: check the vid at 2:31.....sidekick to the head! CLASSIC

MasterKiller
06-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm studying kung fu right now (well Tang Soo Do to be exact, but Kung Fu doesnt have to be a Chinese Fighting System)

You deserved to be banned for that statement alone.

Please post on the MMA board so I can ban you there.

techno22
06-04-2007, 07:31 PM

What'd I do thats so bad? O_O

I speak Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese), and Gong Fu literally means a skill which a person has. That term can be applied to Tang Soo Do. So it must not be me calling TSD and Kung Fu that angered you, then what's so bad about my comment?

PS. I see no evidence that shows your a moderator, as a matter of fact at the bottom of the page it lists you as a regular user......

techno22
06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
^ Can someone tell me what was wrong with that part of my post? I'm rather curious as I saw no offensive remark in it nor did I mean any.

MasterKiller
06-04-2007, 07:52 PM
What'd I do thats so bad? O_O

I speak Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese), and Gong Fu literally means a skill which a person has. That term can be applied to Tang Soo Do. So it must not be me calling TSD and Kung Fu that angered you, then what's so bad about my comment?

PS. I see no evidence that shows your a moderator, as a matter of fact at the bottom of the page it lists you as a regular user......

I moderate the MMA Forum. If you don't believe me, post something there and I will make you regret it.

Tang Soo Do is to kung fu as your hand is to Ron Jeremy.

techno22
06-04-2007, 08:02 PM
I moderate the MMA Forum. If you don't believe me, post something there and I will make you regret it.

Tang Soo Do is to kung fu as your hand is to Ron Jeremy.

1. Thats kinda immature for a moderator man -.- Mods are supposed to represent the community.

2. "Post something there and I'll make you regret it." Oh wow, so if I just post ANYTHING there you'll ban me?!

3. I speak actual Chinese and know the meaning behind the word Kung Fu in TWO different dialacts. Its obvoius that you don't. Your explination for flaming at my neutral post was rather immature also. I already stated how TSD is to Kung Fu.

If you want to debate any longer, act mature and we can keep debating. Your a moderator for crying out loud.

SanHeChuan
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
You can say you HAVE good kung fu, and it applies to any endevor.

To say that you DO kung fu, then you are impling that you are doing a chinese martial arts. When you say you DO kung fu it can only mean Chinese Martial arts.

We all know what it means too, but we aren't speaking Chinese on this board we are speaking English so you have to use the english adopted meaning.

Otherwise it looks like your misreprsenting your self or are stupid.

Plus you sound like a Troll in general. :rolleyes:

MasterKiller
06-04-2007, 08:11 PM
3. I speak actual Chinese and know the meaning behind the word Kung Fu in TWO different dialacts..

If your Chinese is so good, you should have no problem understanding this:
Cao ne zu zhou shi ba dai!

Besides, any self-respecting Korean stylist would call it Kwon Bup instead of Kung Fu. Poser.

techno22
06-04-2007, 08:13 PM
If your Chinese is so good, you should have no problem understanding this:
Cao ne zu zhou shi ba dai!

Besides, any self-respecting Korean stylist would call it Kwon Bup instead of Kung Fu. Poser.

Good luck to you sir and your forum.

SanHeChuan
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
You get a little butt hurt so you run away? What kind of fighter are you. :p

Oh and your answer is for every crappy kung fu video you show us we can show you a good one. Not every one who thinks they can fight are right.

Yum Cha
06-04-2007, 08:34 PM
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

MasterKiller
06-04-2007, 08:34 PM
MK by submission 1 RD 2:03

Mr Punch
06-04-2007, 09:07 PM
What a bunch of b!tches.

Techno22 has a point about behaviour and his Chinese...

He also has a point about the vids he posted - a bloody stupid one, but a point nonetheless.

MasterKiller
06-04-2007, 09:25 PM
You have a point. Maybe you two should take turns poking one another with your points.

Mr Punch
06-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Ahh, the heady days of junior high school gags!

PangQuan
06-05-2007, 09:26 AM
100% troll

i gave a genuine response, which i might add the troll ignored.

.0001 on the troll scale.

Becca
06-05-2007, 12:10 PM

Cool. Found a new quote... :D

SunBeam
06-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Cool. Found a new quote... :D

LOL Love those two quotes.

msg
06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
what.s wrong with people on this web site its like every body want to bag on every body .this should be a place were you can maybe learn somethings from people from differnt walks of life and differnt martial art back grounds
this key board fighting should realy stop its giveing this web site a bad name

Oso
06-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Raoflmao

SanHeChuan
06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah,

You can learn something here, like how suck it up, instead of getting all butt hurt over some Internet comment. Now that's character building.:D

NJM
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
You can say you HAVE good kung fu, and it applies to any endevor.

To say that you DO kung fu, then you are impling that you are doing a chinese martial arts. When you say you DO kung fu it can only mean Chinese Martial arts.

We all know what it means too, but we aren't speaking Chinese on this board we are speaking English so you have to use the english adopted meaning.

Otherwise it looks like your misreprsenting your self or are stupid.

Plus you sound like a Troll in general. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Oso
06-05-2007, 06:54 PM
explination

this mispelling is very identifiably incriminating.

SanHeChuan
06-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Ah ha, so trolls don't use spell check! ;)

Oso
06-05-2007, 07:10 PM
or that a large number of troll's can't spell for diddly...and are lazy and won't bother to find a teacher to train from and so train from vids...

SanHeChuan
06-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh crap I can't spell for Diddly either, Oh well, MMA is KING :(