PDA

View Full Version : Bushi Ban

SunBeam
06-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Okay, I would like to get my two daugthers involved in some type of MA. I have a seven year old and a thirteen "going on twenty" year old. My oldest took three years of karate (an off shoot of Chayon Ryu which is an off shoot ...) in elementry but did not like it. We live on the south side of Houston in Pearland and there is a MA school about ten minutes away that I'm not familar with. It is Bushi Ban and seems from the info on the web to be a MMA consisting of Bando, Karate, and little of KungFu. Does any one have any dealings with this art or knows more about it besides what is on thier web site? I did a search on the forum for info but did not find any.

I would get them involved in Long Fist but the school that I'm involved with is convinient for me to get to after work but would be horriable to have to drive through rush hour to get them and bring them back not to mention the gas factor.

Thanks,

SB

Samurai Jack
06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Link please.

Samurai Jack
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Nevermind.

http://www.bushiban.net/about.htm

Here's the thing. Why take your kids to a sub-standard school, wasting your money and thier time, on something that may not even be what they want? Why'd your son do karate for 3 years if he didn't like it?

Second, I just get a very uneasy "McDojo" feel from anyplace that claims to teach a martial art based on "American, Japanese, Okinawan, Korean, Chinese, Pakistani, Indian, Tibetan, Thai, Burmese, Mongolian, Brazilian, and other martial arts."

Finally, thier entire curriculum is modeled on a kids program with contracts. that's another red flag.

I normally say, "Go check out the school." It's just that this one has all of the tell-tale signs that pretty much say "stay away" to me.

golden arhat
06-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Nevermind.

http://www.bushiban.net/about.htm

Here's the thing. Why take your kids to a sub-standard school, wasting your money and thier time, on something that may not even be what they want? Why'd your son do karate for 3 years if he didn't like it?

Second, I just get a very uneasy "McDojo" feel from anyplace that claims to teach a martial art based on "American, Japanese, Okinawan, Korean, Chinese, Pakistani, Indian, Tibetan, Thai, Burmese, Mongolian, Brazilian, and other martial arts."

Finally, thier entire curriculum is modeled on a kids program with contracts. that's another red flag.

I normally say, "Go check out the school." It's just that this one has all of the tell-tale signs that pretty much say "stay away" to me.

totaly agree

look somewhere else man

SunBeam
06-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Nevermind.

It was my daugther and she wanted to for the first year or so. This was an after school program at the elementry. It was not until the middle of the third year were she expressed that it was not the thing for her.

I felt the same about what I read but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just me. I hope to find some place closer to the house for them eventually.

Thanks,

SB