PDA

View Full Version : Women in MMA

GeneChing
06-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Well, since you fey MMA boys can't keep the ring girls thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46206)up on the main page, let's try one about MMA girls. I know there are plenty, but here's one, just for starters:

FIGHT IN FLIGHT
THE NEW MISTRESS OF MIXED MARTIAL ARTS (http://www.nypost.com/seven/06062007/tempo/fight_in_flight_tempo_jennifer_fermino.htm)
By JENNIFER FERMINO

June 6, 2007 -- Meet Jennifer Santiago, a gorgeous, five-foot-two, 120-lb pro butt kicker who is being hailed as one of the toughest female competitors in the country.

"People underestimate me," says the 24-year-old. "They have a stereotype of fighters that are women. They think they are ugly and look like men. So they see me and think I must be no good."

Those people would be wrong.

Santiago is an undefeated star of martial arts legend Chuck Norris' burgeoning World Combat League, racking up an impressive eight wins including a 19-second knockout. She's also a 2003 and 2004 Golden Glove champion, and has developed quite a following at the West Village's posh Printing House Fitness Club.

It all began for her as a little girl growing up on East Seventh Street.

"I've been doing martial arts since I was 4 years old," she says, crediting her father and older brother with sparking her interest.

By six, she was competing in the sport karate circuit. At eight, she won her first championship.

Soon enough, she was winning trophies in three martial arts categories: fighting, forms, and weapons.

She competed for the next 15 years, and worked her way up to a six-degree black belt, but never dreamed that she'd be a pro fighter.

"I wanted to be a doctor."

However successful Santiago gets, there's one person who'll probably never see her in the ring - her Bayamon-born mother, Jeannie Santiago.

"She wanted to see my last fight, and I told her no," says Santiago. "I thought she'd have a heart attack.

Santiago's next World League Combat fight is in August. (http://www.worldcombatleague.com/HOU_LAevent_news.html)

MasterKiller
06-06-2007, 12:50 PM
She's no Gina Carrano.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/Picture_gallery.asp?f_id=16535@@Gina+Carano

Knifefighter
06-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Kyra Gracie is just BJJ... however, her hotness requires she should be included here:

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=kyra+gracie&btnG=Search+Images

SevenStar
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah, she's hot - I didn't know she was a black belt though... I coulda sworn I saw some pics of her in a blue belt not too long ago...

ChinoXL
06-07-2007, 12:34 AM
man... i wanna roll wid kyra ... she could so help me improve my game :D

AmanuJRY
06-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Kyra Gracie is just BJJ... however, her hotness requires she should be included here:

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=kyra+gracie&btnG=Search+Images

Better stay on the family's good side with her.;)

Could you imagine the shear number of family members you may have to fight were you to break her heart.:D

PangQuan
06-07-2007, 10:36 AM
See i have been thinking.....i know, dangerous occupation...

I watch the IFL regularly since luckily enough it comes in on one of the 5 channels my tv picks up....

well a thought crossed my mind the other day...what about the WFL?

womens fighting league?

i wish i had the drive and cash and resources to get something like this started...

whats better than watching women in tight shorts and sports tops doing the ground and pound???

since im not doing it, one of you guys should.

DPL
06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
whats better than watching women in tight shorts and sports tops doing the ground and pound???

Umm, naked women doing the ground and pound?

PangQuan
06-07-2007, 12:21 PM
lol ya. true dat.

but i guess we have to keep it someone realistic...unless you sell it to skinimax or HBhoe

Knifefighter
06-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Lessons from the MMA girls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Lsbs7JTaM

GeneChing
06-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Thought I'd share, even tho it's spam. It's relevant spam. ;)

www.mmawoman.com (http://www.mmawoman.com/)

AmanuJRY
06-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I so want to be the heavy bag in this photo...

Ummmmmmm. (http://www.mmawoman.com/cnt/files/Contestant%20Photos/boxer.jpg)

AmanuJRY
06-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Fight Girls?!?!?!??

Darn it!

I don't get Oxygen on my cable.:mad:

GeneChing
06-13-2007, 10:43 AM
I so want to be the heavy bag in this photo...
That's an old pose, but a good one. I think the first time I saw that pose was in the issue of Playboy when Matt Polly (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26966) interviewed Jet Li. It's as old as the boxing gloves on the topless chick pose. Unimaginative really, but still effective....

AmanuJRY
06-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Effective...yes.

Not as effective as Jessica Alba winning guys choice on Spike last night.;):D

sanjuro_ronin
06-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Effective...yes.

Not as effective as Jessica Alba winning guys choice on Spike last night.;):D

BooYah !!!

GeneChing
11-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Just got this press release from mmawoman.com.

FATAL FEMMES FIGHTING , THE SHOW OF ‘TODAY’
FFF Commentator Lisa King, and FFF Flyweight Champion Lisa Ward to appear Sunday on NBC’s Today Show

(Los Angeles, CA, November 9, 2007) --- Fresh off an extraordinary November 3rd show, Fatal Femmes Fighting Championship will make an appearance on NBC’s The Today Show, Sunday November 11. The vivacious Lisa King, and the highly regarded FFF Flyweight Champion of the world, Lisa Ward, will represent Fatal Femmes Fighting as they perform several moves for the audience, and discuss women in MMA. Check your local listings for The Today Show times.

yenhoi
11-10-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.chicksthatkick.com/

MSphinx
11-10-2007, 11:56 AM
She's no Gina Carrano.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/Picture_gallery.asp?f_id=16535@@Gina+Carano

I've got a pic of her someplace where she's got a black eye, and still smiling. She looks totally cute even with the shiner*.

*not that I think battered women look cute... I think I'll stop here before I dig myself any deeper. :eek:

Shaolin Wookie
11-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I'd never date a full-contact fighter chick. Everywhere you took her after the fight, people would assume you'd just beat her ass like a wife-beater, and you'd get dirty looks left and right.

TaichiMantis
11-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Just got this press release from mmawoman.com.

Saw it this weekend...they even threw around one of the NBC women.:p

Asia
11-12-2007, 03:38 AM
man... i wanna roll wid kyra ... she could so help me improve my game :D
She improved mine. Too bad Feitosa was looking over us. You sort of get performance anxiety.:D

GeneChing
11-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Can we get an IFL match between the Femme Fatal Fight Club and the Kung Fu Femmes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44560)?

Femme Fatal Fight Club (http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3850633&page=1)
Michelle Ould Said She Hopes to Reach the Industry's Pinnacle
Nov. 11, 2007
During the day, 26-year-old Michelle Ould is a mother and a secretary. But, if you take a closer look, the normalcy of her life fades.

Ould hopes to one day become a professional fighter.

And with every kick and punch, Ould has proven the small, yet growing, group of female fighters is a force to be reckoned with.

Even her kids know not to mess with mom.

"They keep me on my toes," said Ould. "Sometimes I feel like I just don't have enough time in the day, but my oldest son says that he is proud of me so that's all that matters."

Part martial arts, part street grappling and brute strength, cage fighting is an offshoot of ultimate fighting or mixed martial arts.

"It's no holds barred," Ould said. "[You] can use your fists, your knees, your elbows, you can kick, you can kick in the face. So, you get in there and you do whatever you have to do, just short of breaking the rules."

While some rules to govern the sport, it actually remains illegal in some states. A cage fighter can win a match either by knocking out her opponent or by having her opponent quit.

"There's no difference between men and women in mixed martial arts," said Ray Perales, Ould's trainer. "We all have one overall goal and that is to be on top and be number one. I wouldn't take anything away from the women. They train just as intense, just as hard as we do."

But even though Perales believes women work just as much as their male counterparts, a gender disparity exists when it comes to payment.

For example, in Ould's last fight she made under $1,000, while professional male fighters, like Chuck Liddell, make up to $500,000.

Yet, as the sort of female fight club gains popularity, so does its attention.

"The idea that women want to be equal with men in everything -- including something so brutal so vicious and so unappealing to the vast majority of Americans -- it boggles the mind," and ABC News consultant Christine Brennan. "You see this and you think gladiator."

America is tuning in. Last year ultimate fighting championship fights brought in more than 205 million in Pay-Per-View sales and the number of people watching has grown.

And no matter how savage the fighting gets, Ould's dream continues.

"I've always wanted to box," she said. "I always wanted to do all that."

Her desire was tested for a second time at the Fatal Femme championship.

The fight lasted less than two minutes and Ould lost. But she's still fighting.

"It's a passion of mine," Ould said.

GeneChing
12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Not just a profile, but addresses the larger issue of female MMA fight promotion

Women fighters carving their own niche in MMA (http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3158474)
By Michael Woods
Special to ESPN.com Updated: December 18, 2007

Felice Herrig, right, hopes that fighting helps open doors into other career platforms.

Mixed martial arts can be an acquired taste, and the sight of one man sitting astride another, raining blows down on his opponent's face, isn't for everybody.

Even those who can see the scientific aspects to boxing sometimes find the sight of a well-executed ground-and-pound session too gritty for their taste.

Those who can't stomach two men engaging in such fierce combat are even less likely to accept the concept of two women trading bombs and getting their faces rearranged.

But there is a large, ever-growing contingent of women who have gravitated to MMA. The runaway leader in the sport, UFC, hasn't latched on to the concept. But that hasn't dissuaded New Jersey's Tara LaRosa, a 29-year-old who excelled in field hockey at Catawba College, from amassing a 15-1 mark since turning professional in 2002.

Her reputation as a well-rounded practitioner of all facets of the sport, with a penchant for closing the show with an expertly applied submission, has elevated her into the highest ranks of females blazing the MMA trail.

The seed for her MMA career was planted when LaRosa saw scrawny Royce Gracie have his way with the jacked up Ken Shamrock in 1993. LaRosa didn't dive head-first into MMA then; she did the field hockey thing, and also picked up judo in college. Gracie's edge in technique remained in the back of her mind, and after graduating in 2004, LaRosa dove into MMA.

Tara LaRosa, right, is the one female in a crew of twelve mixed martial artists at the Philadelphia Fight Factory. LaRosa trains at the Philadelphia Fight Factory, and proudly counts herself as the sole female in the crew of a dozen male mixed martial artists.

"That's not unusual for females in this sport," she explains to ESPN.com. "That's usually been the case wherever I've trained. The first day you come in, they usually want to test you. They put me in with a guy that's notorious for going balls out, for not pulling punches. If I didn't complain, I was good. I didn't."

That toughness, in mind as well as body, came into play this summer, when the unfathomable occurred. LaRosa's boyfriend of two years, Sgt. Adrian Elizalde, was killed by an improvised explosive device near Baghdad. The truck he was in was struck on Aug. 23. He was just 30.

LaRosa was in Vancouver, doing some promotional work for Bodog. Elizalde's family called her on her cell phone and broke the tragic news.

"I lost it," she says.

Elizalde and LaRosa had met when she was an instructor in modern army combat in Fayetteville, N.C.

Was it love at first sight?

"It grew," she said with a laugh. "He taught me, I taught him."

Elizalde was due to return from his tour in October.

"He was going to propose," LaRosa says, her voice trailing off, her mind drifting perhaps to the little house with the swing on the porch she had pictured.

Her fighting career hasn't been derailed. LaRosa is now mulling her next step, as she continues the grieving process, continues to fight the black cloud that descends when she hears a song that reminds her of Elizalde, or she runs through a move during grappling that he specialized in.

Her Bodog contract is up Dec. 24, and she might re-sign with the organization or hook up with Showtime's EliteXC.

With the explosion of MMA the past several years, athletes like LaRosa, who previously hadn't been able to pursue their passion after college because of the lack of a viable revenue stream, are now able to chase their dreams.

With UFC the undeniable king of the MMA hill, other outfits have been cropping up, looking to establish a niche and make their mark. Elite XC, ProElite, the International Fight League (IFL), World Extreme Cagefighting, Bodog Fight, Spirit XC, Strikeforce and M1 are all looking to grow their niche, and employ various strategies to differentiate themselves. Since UFC chooses not to present female bouts, other organizations have tried to fill that vacuum.

Augie Schumatti wrestled in college and felt the urge to compete after he graduated from Arizona State in 1990. He has been riding the MMA popularity wave with a Web site, MMAWoman.com. The site has attracted more than 400 women who have indicated that they want to take part in an MMA event, amateur or pro. Schumatti, who lives in New Jersey and has worked as a publisher of business directories, has signed up 50 female fighters. He hooks up fighters with promoters coast-to-coast who desire the presence of women on their card.

"I set up the Web site to help fighters earn a living in a sport they love so much," Schumatti tells ESPN.com. "I had found that there were a lot of wrestlers, who were capable, UFC-level fighters, out there. We do everything from helping fighters set up and promote their academies to helping them strategize for asking for larger purses and structure their events. We also protect fighters from dubious contracts presented by suspect promoters as the number of promoters in the U.S. keeps growing."

His site launched in May and gets around 8,000 unique visitors a month.

Although no female fighter has broken the bank as of yet, there is a march toward purse parity. When a fighter hooks on with Schumatti's collective, they can expect to get paid between $1,500 and $3,000 per appearance on a card. The fighter will pay out between 10-30 percent of the purse to Schumatti, he says.

He doesn't deny that attractiveness can go a long way in building a brand as a female fighter. Witness the sharp ascent of Gina Carano. The EliteXC fighter with a 5-0 record has parlayed her pleasant package of aesthetic facial symmetry, and her above-average genetic package (her dad, Glenn, played QB for the Dallas Cowboys from 1977-83) into a gig on the new version of "American Gladiators," which debuts on NBC in January. Carano will take on the moniker "Crush" for the midseason network offering.

"Physical features don't hurt, they help," said Schumatti, when asked about the elevation of fighters who might look more like an NFL cheerleader than combatant on first glance. "Talent combined with physical attractiveness can make for a dynamic character. On Spike's 'The Ultimate Fighter' show, how many guys that look the same can they shove down our throats? That show's the Trojan horse of MMA. Women's MMA is very dynamic, and it will draw viewership."

Felice Herrig has boxed, kickboxed and done Thai boxing on the Oxygen series "Fight Girls." The 23-year-old Illinois resident is planning to make her MMA debut (she hopes to do so with EliteXC) in the summer. Meanwhile, she's hooked on with Chuck Norris' World Combat League to keep her kickboxing skills in shape. Herrig acknowledges that looks do play a part in the growth of a female mixed martial artist's career prospects.

"The looks thing works to my benefit," she says. "The female athletes that get the most recognition are the best-looking ones. I do want to set aside the stereotype that you can't have the whole package. People don't think that an attractive woman would be a good fighter. Usually good-looking fighters don't fight as well, that's what I'm going for."

Herrig knows her shelf life as an active fighter is limited, so she wants to branch out, fairly quickly, and use the buzz from the fighting to get into films, or TV commentary. "I love fighting, though, and will fight as long as I can," she says.

Is there a chance we'll see Herrig or LaRosa in a UFC Octagon any time soon?

continued next post

GeneChing
12-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Dana, Dana, Dana... :rolleyes:

Don't count on it, says Dana White.

In an interview with Pramit Mohapatra of the Baltimore Sun in January 2007, White mentioned he had no plans of adding female fighters to his promotion.

"I'm not a huge fan of women fighting," he said. "Not to say that I don't acknowledge that there are amazing female athletes out there in every sport; I just think right now we had a hard enough time getting over the stigma of the men [fighting]."

Schumatti points to the recent appearance of two rising mixed martial artists, Lisa Ward and Lisa King, on NBC's "Today Show," as evidence that the female fighter wave is cresting. The fighters, from the Fatal Femmes Fighting stable out of California, gave a fight demo on Nov. 11, and FFF got a mention in a Time magazine piece in July. "It's just like any other sport," he says. "It's only a matter of time before it stands on its own."

Schumatti points to the inclusion of women's wrestling in the 2004 Olympics as a measure of acceptance for the public in being able to digest the sight of two women engaging in ferocious combat. "I don't believe there's any delineation between men and women," he said. "I've gotten my tail kicked by a woman in a gym five years during an MMA session!"

LaRosa, meanwhile, struggles with the current dynamic that places nearly equal emphasis on looks and skills. As she continues to grapple with her stance on the premium of looks over skills in the fighting female sphere, at least she can take some solace in her rising purses.

LaRosa's skills have certainly been opening eyes. She won't disclose her exact purses, but says she'll make between $15,000-$25,000 per fight, and aims to fight four times a year. No, it's not Chuck Liddell money, but it's full-time pay, and that's definite progress, for males and females alike.

"I represent the common folk," LaRosa says. "I'm a common chick, not a stellar athlete, who shows that anybody can do it. I want people to watch me and say, 'Wow, that girl is good,' as opposed to, 'Wow, that girl is hot but her ground game stinks.' On the looks thing, unfortunately, that's the way society can be. I'm not the quintessential hot chick, but I bring a skill set. I'm not going to get implants to impress people."

GeneChing
10-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I wanted to post this on our Gay MMA thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50501), but y'all just couldn't behave yourselves there so it got locked. :(

Then I thought the Ring Girls thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46206) might be good, just to ttt it, but that's not really fair to Gina.

Warning - this is from gaywired.com so all you ****phobes will feel queer after.

Say hello to Gina Carano. (http://www.gaywired.com/article.cfm?id=20513&section=67) She’s sweet, sexy, loves to tell jokes and can kick the ass of every person in the room… male or female. It doesn’t matter. Just ask her sparing partners. She’s a mixed martial arts specialist and she holds a 12-1-1 record as a Muay Thai fighter. Muay Thai… you know… Thai boxing that includes your fists, elbows, knees and feet as weapons -- just like Jean-Claude Van Damme in those kick boxer movies. If blood makes you queasy then you can catch her elsewhere. She’s “Crush” on the new American Gladiators Show. Different outfit, same great moves… Go ahead and laugh but this show is racy. Or at least some of the people on the show are.

On the gossip side, TMZ.com had some interesting stories to tell about the American Gladiators' Show…

When Belinda Gavin filled in her contestant’s bio for the show she listed professional bull rider as one of her proclivities. What she didn’t include was that she was a former adult actress and porn star with the screen / porn star alter ego name Kylie Wyote... and here I go again with that smile for the cute animal reference…

American Gladiator Erin “Steel” Toughill also made headlines. Toughhill’s husband -- a fellow MMA specialist -- filed a restraining order against her for allegedly beating him up on their honeymoon. They are no longer married…

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2008, 11:54 AM
american gladiator erin “steel” toughill also made headlines. Toughhill’s husband -- a fellow mma specialist -- filed a restraining order against her for allegedly beating him up on their honeymoon. They are no longer married…

bbbwwahhahahahah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucas
10-02-2008, 12:20 PM
omg ya that is some funny ass shizznit

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
When Belinda Gavin filled in her contestant’s bio for the show she listed professional bull rider as one of her proclivities. What she didn’t include was that she was a former adult actress and porn star with the screen / porn star alter ego name Kylie Wyote... and here I go again with that smile for the cute animal reference…

Pure ****ing gold !!!!

Lucas
10-02-2008, 12:24 PM
i wonder how many gladiator fans looked that up once they found out.

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
i wonder how many gladiator fans looked that up once they found out.

I wonder how many looked up bull riding and porn, together !

Lucas
10-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I wonder how many looked up bull riding and porn, together !

that could produce some un favorable 'bull riding' hits i think

GeneChing
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Gina is fighting soon too.

Rare moment in the limelight (http://www.wellandtribune.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1231294)
FEMALE FIGHTERS LOOK TO MAKE THE MOST OF PRIME-TIME MMA SHOWCASE
Posted By NEIL DAVIDSON, THE CANADIAN PRESS
Posted 3 hours ago

Kelly Kobold remembers the first time she had to tell someone she was a pro fighter. She was in the locker-room after a workout and a woman, noticing the bruises on her body, came over and gave her a business card.

It was for a battered women's advocacy agency. "Honey, he's not worth it," the woman told her.

On Saturday, Kobold and opponent Gina (Conviction) Carano get to show off women's mixed martial arts in prime time when they meet in a 140- pound bout on CBS' EliteXC Saturday Night Fights (CBS, 9 p. m. ET).

The main event at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla., features heavyweights Kimbo Slice and veteran Ken Shamrock. Elsewhere on the card, Jake Shields defends his EliteXC welterweight title against England's Paul Daley, former UFC heavyweight titleholder Andrei Arlovski takes on former IFL title-holder Roy Nelson and middleweight Murilo (Ninja) Rua faces Benji Radach.

For the women, the CBS card is a rare moment in the limelight.

"It's been kind of nice not having to explain what it is I do now," said Kobold (16-2), who credits the prime-time slot for opening people's eyes to women's MMA.

"People know it's not limited to men any more," she added. "Now people are recognizing me. You walk into a mall and somebody knows that women are ultimate fighters and that it's becoming huge. I see that on a day-to- day basis."

Carano (6-0) helped the cause when she scored a TKO over Kaitlin Young in one of the better fights on CBS's inaugural Saturday night card May 31. Also known as Crush, one of the gladiators on the American Gladiators TV show, Carano is a marquee name in women's MMA.

EliteXC hypes the 26-year-old Carano as a "skilled Muay Thai specialist with model looks and world-class ability." Still she resists being labelled the face of women's mixed martial arts -or its role model.

"If people want to put you up there, you know, and look up to you, that's fine but nobody's perfect," Carano said on a recent conference call with Kobold. "So it's kind of a like a scary thing to have someone say you're a role model because there's like so much expectations to it. But at the same time it's an honour."

Kobold, 25, is slightly less complicated on the issue.

GeneChing
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Also enjoyed Michelle "Karate Hottie" Waterson's fight. I met Michelle back at a Berkeley CMAT (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36106) a few years ago, before she went on Fight Girls (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42423). She was competing in wushu, believe it or not, and she was really good. Almost had her come in for a shoot, but she was in CO then. Now that she's gotten so famous, she's harder to reach. Michelle, if you're out there and remember, call me. ;)

This so needs a video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4579338824287731247).

sanjuro_ronin
10-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Also enjoyed Michelle "Karate Hottie" Waterson's fight. I met Michelle back at a Berkeley CMAT (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36106) a few years ago, before she went on Fight Girls (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42423). She was competing in wushu, believe it or not, and she was really good. Almost had her come in for a shoot, but she was in CO then. Now that she's gotten so famous, she's harder to reach. Michelle, if you're out there and remember, call me. ;)

This so needs a video (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4579338824287731247).

She can pound my makiwara anytime !

SoCo KungFu
10-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Supposedly its been set for Gina to fight Cyborg.

Carano looked gaunt and drawn, but performed admirably the next night in winning a unanimous decision over Kelly Kobold that set up her 2009 bout with Santos.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-carano100808&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

GeneChing
12-05-2008, 12:01 PM
"Women interested in submitting themselves" - man, I could go wild with pun fu here...

All Female MMA Show in Pre-production (http://www.gotcast.com/blog/2008/12/4/all-female-mma-show-in-pre-production/10133)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
The world of Mixed Martial Arts will never be the same as television producers for a major network are now in pre-production for the 1st ever MMA competition show with an all female cast. The show is headlined by coaches Rosi Sexton & Cesar Gracie, and includes Fight Correspondent Marika Taylor.

Producers are looking for women who train in any form of fighting or martial arts. Well trained and perhaps with some actual fighting experience. They're looking preferably for accomplished women from all walks of life. They're casting nationally though GotCast until mid-December.

Women interested in submitting themselves for the show can do so here

We also thought this would be a great opportunity to show a clip from Rosi Sexton's last BoDog fight...

GeneChing
01-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I thought about putting this in Kids in MMA (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51595), but I figured this thread was more eye-catching...

Mixed Martial Arts attracting more women and children in the new year (http://www.winknews.com/news/local/37244924.html)
By Tami Osborne, WINK News
Story Updated: Jan 7, 2009 at 11:23 PM EST
NAPLES, Fla. - Every January, all sorts of people vow to get in shape for the new year. But these days, instead of running to the gym, some women and even children, are now jumping in the ring!

You may know it as UFC or Ultimate Fighting. The sport, officially called mixed martial arts, is taking the world by storm.

"It was kinda grassroots before, and now its totally main stream," Crafton "Blaze" Wallace says.

He is a professional mixed martial artist, or M.M.A. fighter, but his job at Inferno Mixed Martial Arts is to train others.

"They're tired of the everyday kinda workout, so they end up here and they stay," Wallace says.

"I've been involved in sports my whole life. I ran track in college. This is one of the most intense workouts that I could find," Jennifer Green says.

She is one of dozens of women who are members at Inferno Mixed Martial Arts in Naples.

"I have a three year old and I look awesome, so it does do a lot for you," Savannah Cavin says.

She got involved in M.M.A. several years ago, when few females were involved. Recently, she says that's changing.

"You have younger children, you have women who are all getting involved," Cavin says.
In the first week of January alone, the owners say membership is up 10 percent. Out of the gym's 100 members half are women and children.

"I get stronger, more accurate, more flexibility, like agility," Katell Bravo says.

Besides the physical aspects, Katell Bravo's father says it helps her focus in the classroom and protect herself if the need arises.

"You're learning how to kick and punch and be accurate with it, and you build a lot of strength as you work out, so its great for self defense," Grimaldo Bravo says.

One thing that's unique about the sport of mixed martial arts is that you can train right along with the pros.

SIFU RON
02-05-2009, 11:41 AM
WOMEN FIGHTING IN MMA IS A REAL UP AND COMING EVENT -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh3iBATIJgg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B7dSDLVh3o

Shaolinlueb
02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Lsbs7JTaM

pateticorecords
07-26-2011, 10:46 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ben_fowlkes/07/25/womens.mma/index.html?cnn=yes&hpt=hp_t2

Every female fighter on the Strikeforce roster knows it: the clock is ticking on big-time women's MMA.

Ever since the UFC's parent company bought up its largest competitor -- which also happened to be the most prominent and visible employer of female fighters -- the women under contract have been eyeing the landscape and wondering how much longer the ride is going to last.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/ben_fowlkes/07/25/womens.mma/index.html#ixzz1TEbjwZWW

MasterKiller
07-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Honestly, I just don't like watching chicks fight.

dcrjradmonish
07-28-2011, 06:55 AM
I like watching the babes fight. Does any one know why ufc doesn’t have women fighters? I think that it would be cool if they did. A great way to introduce them would be on spike tuf program. You thought the guys tore up those houses. Not sure but isn’t extreme fighting making a comeback?

GeneChing
07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
I think I enjoy them more then male fights. It's not about the sexiness, although having been arm-in-arm with Gina, I'll concede that's sometimes a factor. For me, it's all about the empowerment. I have a few female fighter friends and I really hope they continue to get opportunities in the cage.

viper
07-28-2011, 11:52 PM
I love watchin female fights. I love to see how skilled technique wise they are alot less meat head and more thinking which I like. I think female combat sport should be shown with even footing like males.

pateticorecords
07-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Women should have an avenue to demonstrate their skills, there should be more organizations putting forth the effort to promote those events.

It would be very lucrative, too:)

Jimbo
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
If I remember correctly, UFC doesn't have female fights because Dana White doesn't like women fighting, period.

I personally like watching (good) female fights. A lot of times, they can be more entertaining/ skillful than watching a lot of the guys fight. IMO, there should be some opportunities for women who want to fight. Possibly, if there is enough demand, and if it could bring a lot more $$ to the UFC, DW might reconsider? Well, maybe not.

Syn7
07-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Honestly, I just don't like watching chicks fight.

really, sometimes they make fight of the night IMO...

Syn7
07-30-2011, 05:31 PM
If I remember correctly, UFC doesn't have female fights because Dana White doesn't like women fighting, period.

I personally like watching (good) female fights. A lot of times, they can be more entertaining/ skillful than watching a lot of the guys fight. IMO, there should be some opportunities for women who want to fight. Possibly, if there is enough demand, and if it could bring a lot more $$ to the UFC, DW might reconsider? Well, maybe not.

yeah thats true, dana has no interest in womens fights... not just cause he dislikes female matches, theres more to it...

but dana white said time and time again that he would not interfere in cokers management of strikeforce and coker is very supportive of womens mma... we'll see, i guess... but if dana white is true to his word, he wont pressure coker to back off from womens fights... but if coker himself decides its not working out, thats another story...

Zenshiite
07-31-2011, 04:40 AM
I find any fight with Cris Cyborg to be almost excessive, just because that woman is IMO a freak of nature. On the other hand, I also think the women's fights I've seen in Strikeforce have had a whole lot more heart than men's fights on many occasions, they are going out there to prove something to themselves and to the world about women and combat sports, and their fights can definitely be more technical than men's fights.

Alot of fights just turn into big looping punches and swinging for the fences and I can honestly say I haven't really seen that in a female fight.

pateticorecords
08-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I find any fight with Cris Cyborg to be almost excessive, just because that woman is IMO a freak of nature. On the other hand, I also think the women's fights I've seen in Strikeforce have had a whole lot more heart than men's fights on many occasions, they are going out there to prove something to themselves and to the world about women and combat sports, and their fights can definitely be more technical than men's fights.

Alot of fights just turn into big looping punches and swinging for the fences and I can honestly say I haven't really seen that in a female fight.

:) I agree

GeneChing
03-20-2012, 09:38 AM
A new league exclusively devoted to women's MMA

Invicta looks to build women's talent base (http://www.dailybulletin.com/ci_20211211/invicta-looks-build-womens-talent-base)
Bob Emanuel Jr., Correspondent
Created: 03/19/2012 09:40:02 PM PDT

When Strikeforce paired Ronda Rousey and Meisha Tate for its bantamweight title earlier this month, the state of women's competition in mixed martial arts frequently was discussed.

Two of the three largest national promotions - Strikeforce and Bellator Fighting Championships - include women fighters on their rosters. Outside of a few top fighters in each promotion, the dearth of quality alternatives is bemoaned.

"When you think about the big picture, we need more women to have success," said Tate, who lost her title to Rousey. "We can't do it with one or two top females. We need a lot. More than one, so that everyone can have their favorite thing and we can have lots of diversity and lots of great matchups and lots of stylistic differences and a broad spectrum of wonderful female athletes that can put on amazing fights."

Shannon Knapp, a former matchmaker with Strikeforce, helped form Invicta Fight Club, a new promotion dedicated exclusively to women's MMA. Invicta will hold its first card on April 28 in Kansas City and feature 12 fights in its inaugural outing.

Knapp got involved with Invicta after Strikeforce was purchased by UFC's parent company Zuffa LLC last year. UFC president Dana White repeatedly has said women's MMA would not be part of the UFC, and the uncertainty cast a shadow over the Strikeforce women's division.

"When Zuffa came in and bought Strikeforce and I parted ways with them, I started getting a ton of phone calls from a lot of female athletes," said Knapp, Invicta's vice president. "I think a lot of the female athletes were concerned, `What's going to happen to us?' Nobody knew what was happening with the Showtime deal (with Strikeforce). Everybody was relying on those words that Dana had said publicly that there would be no women in the UFC and that kind of thing."

Knapp envisions working with other promotions to build the talent base.

"I can take all this information that I acquired over the years and try to build a platform and bring some organization to this side of the sport so that I can create depth," Knapp said. "One thing I will say is that Dana, when he says there is no depth on this of the sport for divisions, he's actually making a very true statement. But there is a rebuttal to that and argument as well. The argument is there is nobody on this side of the sport that's working hard and rolling up their sleeves to make a difference."

Invicta signed several notable women, including former Strikeforce champion Marloes Coenen, who lost her title to Tate last year, and former Strikeforce contender Liz Carmouche. Coenen will headline the inaugural event against Romy Ruyssen.

@PLUGO
03-09-2015, 04:11 PM
From Aljazeera.com (http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/03/malaysia-warrior-woman-150307131157788.html)
Malaysia's first warrior woman
Malaysia's first female MMA fighter is obliterating stereotypes and social barriers.
Aela Callan, Liz Gooch | 08 Mar 2015 13:54 GMT

Twenty-eight-year-old Osman has become an unwitting ambassador for MMA and, in the process, a role model for many Asian women [Al Jazeera]
One after another, they keep coming at Ann Osman.

They spar, grapple and kick but each man and woman who takes on Osman is slammed decisively onto the sweat-stained floor.

And this is just training.

Osman is gearing up for her fourth professional cage fight, also known as mixed martial arts (MMA). Notorious for their brutality, these fierce encounters often end with blood splatters on the mat and knock-out blows.

But for Osman, a youthful 28-year-old from Kota Kinabalu, capital of Malaysia's Sabah state, it's a "beautiful art".

"Once you're in that cage, it actually reveals your true self," she tells Al Jazeera. "Are you a fight or flight kind of person? For me, I'm a fighter."

Female, Muslim and Asian, Osman has obliterated many stereotypes on her way to becoming Malaysia's first professional female cage fighter.

Mixed martial arts is attracting a slowly growing band of female followers around the world.

But Osman is one of few Asian women joining this male-dominated sport, where fighters use techniques from various martial arts, from karate and kung fu to jujitsu.

The 28-year-old has become an unwitting ambassador for the sport and, in the process, a role model for many Asian women.

"She is really inspiring," says Dharma Arsyad, who was inspired to take up mixed martial arts after seeing Ann fight.

"She is a superwoman."

Yeow Lim Chet, owner of HIT Fitness and Martial Arts gym in Kuala Lumpur, says women now make up 40 percent of his clients, a trend he attributes to Osman's success.

"A lot of them who come here for fitness, first thing they do is ask, 'I saw the fight - Ann Osman. I want to try it,'" he says.

"I think she's very brave, especially when we are from a Muslim country [...] She wants to open up opportunities for other Muslim women."

From hobby to obsession

To the uninitiated, cage fighting might look like a free-for-all, but there are rules: no manipulating the fingers; no hitting behind the head; no eye gouging, hair pulling, biting or kicks to the groin.

The rest is fair game.

"You can kick to the head when they're on the ground, you can knee them to the head," Osman says. "You can't stomp them in the face or stomp their body, but you can basically do everything else."

Osman, a descendant of Sabah's notorious Dusun headhunters, had an active, outdoors childhood but only took up mixed martial arts four years ago after trying Muay Thai.

Her mother had encouraged her to take self defence classes after she was tailgated driving home from work late at night, and Osman thought the sport would be a good way to stay fit.

What started as a hobby quickly became an obsession.

Osman now juggles five hours of training a day,seven daysa week, while running her own tourism business.

When she became the first Malaysian woman to secure a contract with ONE Championship, Asia's largest mixed martial arts organisation, her sole focus was on taking her fighting to the next level.

But she soon realised there was more to it than just stepping into the cage. Women started writing to her, telling her how she had inspired them to take self defence classes.

"One girl that was writing to me said she was in an abusive relationship and when she saw me fighting it really inspired her to leave that relationship, which to me really meant a lot," she says.

"I didn't realise what I was doing was actually changing other people's lives, especially women's."

Beyond the cage

Osman's growing profile is taking her beyond her native Malaysia.

She recently travelled to Cambodia to help teach self defence to about 160 sex trafficking victims while volunteering for Agape International Mission, a Christian humanitarian aid organisation.

Don Brewster, the group's founder and executive director, said self-defence training was now a regular part of Agape's programme for trafficking victims.

"The difference in self-confidence was significant, especially combined with a desire to learn more," he says of the young women who took Osman's class.

"However, more important was a confirmation of self-worth that came through Ann."

With one in three of the world's women likely to experience some form of abuse, Osman believes self-defense skills can give women the confidence to protect themselves.

"We can't keep a bodyguard with them 24 hours to stop this thing. They have to learn how to protect themselves," she says.

In Kenya, teaching self defence to impoverished adolescent girls helped reduce the incidence of sexual harassment by 65 percent, according to research by No Means No Worldwide, a violence prevention organisation.

But some argue that requiring women to learn self defence as a solution to preventing assault unfairly puts the onus on women and absolves men of their responsibility.

Suri Kempe, a programme manager with Sisters in Islam, a Malaysian Muslim women's rights group, says self defence is only "half the story".

"We need to address where this insecurity comes from, from the fact that women are being attacked, in a large part, by men. We need to address behaviours, we need to address violent behaviours, and the state needs to gear its programmes towards that end," she says.

While she admits she's not a fan of cage fighting, Ms Kempe recognises that role models like Osman can empower women.

"She is leading the way towards female involvement in areas that they are typically not involved in," she says.

In the weeks leading up to her March 13 fight against Walaa Abbas, Egypt's national kickboxing champion, in Kuala Lumpur, Osman's gruelling training regime is punctuated by a relentless round of media engagements, from a women's television variety show to a photo shoot for a men's magazine.

As Osman dons revealing outfits and has her hair and make-up done, she jokes: "Fighting is much easier than this - seriously."

She accepts that the promotional work is part of being a fighter. But Osman says female athletes are often objectified for marketing purposes and admits she is sometimes uncomfortable with things she is asked to do.

"If I feel it's out of line I just have to put a stop to it, and people have to understand," she says.

She receives many encouraging messages on social media but there are also critics who make references to her religion and gender.

One recent post read: "I'm proud of you as a Malaysian, but as a Muslim, not so much." Another described her as "eye candy".

Osman says she has learnt to ignore the negative comments.

"It's not nice stuff, but I know who I am. I know it's not true, so I don't let it get to me," she says.

Ms Kempe, from Sisters in Islam, views the criticism as a gender issue, rather than a religious one. She says male Muslim athletes are never told to cover up.

"Why are women being held to a different standard than men are? […] It's a double standard," she says.

While she admits some comments can be hurtful, Osman's tenacity leaves her well-placed to counter challengers both inside and outside the cage.

"In my first fight I was kneed 30 times in my abs. But I just kept going forward. My second fight, I was being punched endlessly but ... I wouldn't run away," she says.

"For me, that adrenaline rush, it's [...] why I keep coming back into the cage, why I never say no to a fight."

GeneChing
04-28-2015, 03:40 PM
More on Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?46722-Women-in-MMA&p=886763#post886763), the got qi girl (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?16852-Talk-to-Got-Qi-Girls) that got away. :o

Michelle 'The Karate Hottie' Waterson signs with the UFC
Damon Martin
FOX Sports
APR 28, 2015 12:35a ET

http://a1.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/UFC/images/2015/04/27/042715-UFC-Michelle-Waterson-pi-ssm.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg
LAS VEGAS, NV - FEBRUARY 07: Mixed martial artist Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson arrives at the sixth annual Fighters Only World Mixed Martial Arts Awards at The Palazzo Las Vegas on February 7, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Gabe Ginsberg/FilmMagic)

A 'Karate Hottie' will soon be fighting in the UFC Octagon.

Former Invicta Fighting Championships atomweight champion Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson has signed a deal with the UFC to compete in the women's 115-pound division.

The news of her signing was reported on UFC Tonight on Monday.

Waterson comes to the UFC with a 12-4 record overall with wins in six of her last seven fights.

The 29-year-old veteran is a long-time member of the Jackson-Winkeljohn fight camp, where she works with several notable fighters, including former interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit, bantamweight Holly Holm and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

Waterson has an impressive record against a long list of fighters, including a 2013 submission victory over No. 3-ranked UFC strawweight Jessica Penne.

Waterson is expected to debut in the UFC this summer.

Man, if she succeeds, I'll have to split this off into her own individual threads.

GeneChing
09-29-2015, 10:51 AM
When it comes to this forum....

Best.

Post.

Eva.

:D

The MMA fighter held back by F-cup breasts (http://nypost.com/2015/09/28/meet-the-mma-fighter-held-back-by-double-d-breasts/)
By Chris Perez
September 28, 2015 | 9:45am

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/fighter3.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
Modal Trigger
The MMA fighter held back by F-cup breasts
Brye Anne Rusillo fighting at a Delaware promotion. Photo: Facebook

This MMA fighter has two really big problems.

Brye Anne Russillo, 29, of Nassau County, says her F-cup breasts are forcing her to fight in a heavier weight division.

“It’s not like I can take a nail file and hack off my t- -s,” the amateur brawler and single mother told The Post after revealing her predicament to My MMA News.

“It’s not like I have a pink sparkly shelf to put them on. I’m trying to lose weight, but my boobs are what they are. I went to pastry school and I’m Italian, so I ate a lot of cannolis.”

She is slated to fight Paige Lian on Saturday for the 150-pound title in the Aggressive Combat Championships in Queens.

It took Russillo’s team more than three months to agree to the bout at the Queens Theatre because she normally fights at 145 pounds, 10 pounds less than Lian’s typical weight.

“The only reason I’m even fighting at 150 is because my t- -s weigh 12 pounds,” she said.

The 5-foot-9 bombshell says she’ll try some home remedies to shed weight before the fight.

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/fighter4.jpg?w=300&h=300
Modal Trigger
RusilloPhoto: Facebook

“I put makeup remover on [my breasts] and then sit in the sauna, because someone told me that it opens your pores and helps you sweat,” Russillo said. “Then I’ll put hemorrhoid creme on them and wrap them over night. I start doing this three nights before the fight.”

A pastry chef and bartender by day, she has a 1-1 record in the ring.

In her first fight, at the Extreme Cage Fighting promotion in Astoria, she won by TKO after shattering her opponent’s shin.

She lost her second fight, in Delaware, by TKO to a fighter she later called the toughest woman she ever met.

“I’m doing the best I can,” said Russillo, who has a 6-year-old daughter.

“I’m a single mom who later in life decided to try and get back in shape. I’ve been a career bartender for 12 years. I was drinking a lot and partying while I was at work. Now I train and don’t drink, and I’m actively trying to better my life.”

GeneChing
04-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Asian female MMA fighters to fight for world title (http://en.yibada.com/articles/113538/20160403/asian-female-mma-fighters-fight-world-title.htm)
Carlos Cinco | Apr 03, 2016 10:05 PM EDT

http://images.en.yibada.com/data/thumbs/full/76922/685/0/0/0/unstoppable-angele-lee-battles-mei-yamaguchi-at-one-ascent-to-power.jpg
UNSTOPPABLE | Angele Lee battles Mei Yamaguchi at ONE: Ascent to Power (Photo : ONE Championship)

Singapore is set to play host to a historic night of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), as two female mixed martial artists -- Singapore's "Unstoppable" Angela Lee (5-0) and Japan's Mei "V.V" Yamaguchi (15-8-1) -- will go head-to-head in a battle for the inaugural ONE Women's Atomweight World Championship.
MMA has surged in popularity in Asia in recent times, due largely to ONE Championship's extensive work cultivating the sport in the region. ONE is Asia's largest sports media property with a potential broadcast to over a billion homes in more than 75 countries worldwide.
Lee and Yamaguchi are set to step inside the ONE Championship cage on May 6, at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore, in an event dubbed "ONE: Ascent to Power."
Lee, widely considered one of the most promising young combat sports athletes not just in Asia, but in the entire world, believes this is her chance to shine on the big stage.
"This fight is going to be the most important of my life," said Lee, who made her professional MMA debut last year. "I truly believe that since I started my martial arts journey, it's been my destiny to become a world champion. All my hard work and all my training is going to pay off."
The 19-year old Lee comes from a fighting family. Her parents are both martial arts instructors and highly decorated martial artists. Angela's father Ken Lee is a Pankration, Taekwondo and Jiu-Jitsu black belt and her mother Jewelz Lee is a Taekwondo black belt instructor and a 2-time Canadian National Silver Medallist.
Her younger brother Christian is also a martial artist, competing under ONE Championship's featherweight division and is unbeaten in two fights so far.
On the other side of the spectrum sits Mei Yamaguchi, who grew up and discovered martial arts in Los Angeles, but moved to Japan to teach Taekwondo.
Yamaguchi has more experience than Lee, as well as being 14 years Lee's senior. Like Lee, Yamaguchi understands the significance of this bout and how it helps women with aspirations in combat sports, especially in her home country where she teaches martial arts to children.
"I know there are a lot of girls in Japan who do Karate and Judo. I know a lot compete in that. If they see another girl in professional sports, and see that you're able to make a living with it, you can inspire a lot of fans," said Yamaguchi, who began her professional MMA career nearly 10 years ago.
"In the United States, MMA is really big. I know that Asian women are strong, and if they start to learn MMA, I know [the sport] is going to be big! I know a lot of good [female] athletes who can fight in MMA. This is really big. There are really good women fighters in Japan but I can show that to the world by winning this title."
Yamaguchi grew up admiring Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan, and her parents enrolled her at a martial arts academy at age six. She fell in love with Karate at an early age and now, at 33, Yamaguchi finds herself a two-division world champion in MMA.
Both Lee and Yamaguchi are looking to add the ONE Championship belt to their collection. But in MMA, only one contestant can take home the prize.
"It's time to make history," said Lee. "I think that crowning the first ever women's champion is going to really help women's MMA take off. It's started in North America, but once we have a women's champion here in Asia, it's just going to skyrocket."
The Lee-Yamaguchi bout will serve as the co-main event for ONE: Ascent to Power. In the main event, ONE Middleweight World Champion Vitaly Bigdash defends his title against Aleksei Butorin.
I should really follow ONE Championship more.

GeneChing
09-26-2016, 10:34 AM
It ain't glaMMA... :p

Glamorous martial arts fighter shocks fans with battered and bruised post-fight selfie (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/glamorous-martial-arts-fighter-shocks-8889029)
07:34, 22 SEP 2016 UPDATED 07:37, 22 SEP 2016
BY MIRROR.CO.UK
Anastasia Yankova, 25, took to social media to share the post, which read: "This is MMA, babe. Had an elbow dance with my girlfriend... now I look like a beggar at a railway station"

A mixed martial arts fighter has stunned her fans by taking to social media after winning a match, showcasing her battered and bruised face.

Anastasia Yankova, 25, is known for snapping glamorous selfies.

But fans were shocked when she posted her latest - exposing the brutality of competing as an MMA fighter.

The Russian had just beaten United States fighter Veta Artega, 28, in the Bellator 161 Fighting Championships.

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8889076.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Russian-MMA-fighter-Anastasia-Yankova-before-and-after.jpg
anastasia_yankova / instagram
After the fight - Russian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova before and after

Anastasia Yankova did not hide the brutality of her sport
She is seen with a black eye, swollen nose and split lip.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8889077.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Russian-MMA-fighter-Anastasia-Yankova-before-and-after.jpg
'This is MMA, babe'

Ms Yankova said: "This is MMA, babe. Had an elbow dance with my girlfriend... now I look like a beggar at a railway station. This is how I will look for the next couple of days."

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article8889074.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Russian-MMA-fighter-Anastasia-Yankova-before-and-after.jpg
Anastasia posted this pic before the fight - Russian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova before and afterAnastasia was competing in the Bellator 161 Fighting Championships

Billed as the toughest tournament in sport, competitors fight for a £77,000 jackpot.

The winners are also given a guaranteed world title fight against the current champion in their weight class.

anastasia_yankova / instagramRussian MMA fighter Anastasia Yankova before and afterShe won the match - but didn't get off easy
Ms Yankova beat Ms Artega in a split decision after their second round fight in Cedar Park, Texas.

She added: "It is most definite that my opponent did not lose today, it was the best match of her career and the most difficult of mine.

"I was not sure who was going to win before the judges' announcement."

Jimbo
09-26-2016, 03:52 PM
How could her fans be stunned? Of course she's gonna look like that post-fight (unless she can take her opponent out in about 2 seconds).

GeneChing
08-10-2017, 09:46 AM
I don't know about Rose. We have a separate thread for Michelle (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?69680-Michelle-Karate-Hottie-Waterson).

UFC star Rose Namajunas goes nude for Women's Health magazine (http://www.ibtimes.co.in/ufc-star-rose-namajunas-goes-nude-womens-health-magazine-737986)

UFC's 'Karate Hottie' Michelle Waterson went nude earlier this year for the ESPN Body Issue. Now Rose bares all for a campaign called 'Naked in 3 Words'.
Sayantan Maitra Sayantan Maitra August 10, 2017 16:30 IST

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/en/full/644787/paige-vanzant-ufc.jpg?w=736&h=414&l=50&t=40
Top 5 of the hottest female UFC fighters

Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighters do love to flaunt their body and there is no shame is showing off their chiseled frame and those perfect curves. While we get bare-chested men all the time inside the octagon, the women fighters have to rely on sports and fitness magazines to bare all.

After 'Karate Hottie' Michelle Waterson went nude for the ESPN "Body Issue" earlier this year, another UFC star Rose Namajunas stripped everything for the Women's Health magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Sy5eWaMmo

Both fighters compete in the UFC women's strawweight division (115 pounds).

Namajunas, 25, holds a 7-3-0 record in MMA and she recently bagged a Round 2 submission win over Waterson this April at an UFC Fight Night event. Namajunas thus has received a massive chance to fight the champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk, up next.

Talking about her experiences of going nude for Women's Health Mag's "Naked in 3 Words" campaign, the American, who holds black belts in karate and taekwondo respectively, mentioned that her uncovered body sports marks of her entire journey in life.

http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/cache-img-0-450/en/full/658102/1502362801_rose-namajunas-ufc.jpg
Rose Namajunas (on top) against Michelle Waterson
Jamie Squire/Getty

"My naked body is... the story of my whole life. There's a lot around us that we can't control, but my body, my mind, and my soul are pretty much the only things that I can. All the scars on my body, all the bumps and bruises, all the muscles—that is a story of everything I have done. And it's not just my story. My ancestors who came before me gave me this vessel to sculpt and mold.

"My hands look like my dad's and my mom's put together. She's a piano player, he was an artist, and I use the creative qualities I got from them in my fighting.

"But I don't just destroy with my hands, I also create: I cook and make art and garden. Being resourceful and creating is a big part of my Lithuanian culture. My grandfather is part of who I am too. He was a professional wrestler. He had a very functional, very slick, long frame.

https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/20687929_111118412888385_1292907287786029056_n.jpg

"My body is designed to move and be agile and be like an Amazon warrior. Boobs would hold me down. "I have a middle finger that was jammed in one of my craziest fights, and it looks like a swollen turkey to this day. There's a bone chip that's in there, and it's a reminder that this finger contributed to my fight, and to my beautiful house, to everything in my life.

"It might be ugly, but it's mine and I love it. I've got some big old knees, big old feet. I could nitpick, but at the same time, I think it's all friggin' beautiful."

https://scontent-lax3-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p640x640/19932303_869468876551322_9173982975262457856_n.jpg

Rose Namajunas is not the only one to go nude for the "Naked in 3 Words" campaign, which gives women the platform to describe about their bodies.

GeneChing
06-29-2018, 08:15 AM
Woah. What up wit dat Poison Ivy bikini? I just might have to tune into this one...:D

Bellator 201 Weigh-In Results: Macfarlane vs. Lara Official (https://coed.com/2018/06/28/bellator-201-weigh-in-results-macfarlane-vs-lara-official/)
JOSH SANCHEZ
|16 HOURS AGO

https://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/img_7312.jpg?quality=88&w=750

Bellator MMA returns on Friday night with Bellator 201: Macfarlane vs. Lara. The event is headlined by a women’s flyweight championship bout between current titleholder Ilima-Lei Macfarlane, the promotion’s inaugural 125-pound women’s champ, and Alejandra Lara. It is the first title defense of Macfarlane’s belt.

In the co-main event, Saad Awad and Ryan Couture square off in a catchweight bout.

The main card also features UFC veteran Valerie Letourneau, while the preliminary card is highlighted with appearances by former three-time NCAA Division I national champion Ed Ruth and Keri Melendez, the wife of former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez.

Ahead of Friday’s fights, Bellator held the official fighter weigh-ins on Thursday.

The full weigh-in results can be seen below.

Bellator 201: Fight Time & Viewing Details
Event: Bellator 201: Macfarlane vs. Lara
Date: Friday, June 29, 2018
Venue: Pechanga Resort Casino
Main Card Time: 9:00 P.M. EST
Broadcast: Bellator.com, ParamountNetwork.com, Paramount Network

Bellator 201: Macfarlane vs. Lara Weigh-In Results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=MctAAuLRGes

Main Card
Flyweight World Title Bout: Ilima-Lei Macfarlane (125) vs. Alejandra Lara (124.6)
Catchweight (160 lbs.) Main Card Bout: Saad Awad (159.8) vs. Ryan Couture (159.9)
Flyweight Main Card Bout: Valerie Letourneau (126) vs. Kristina Williams (125.4)
Featherweight Main Card Bout: Juan Archuleta (146) vs. Robbie Peralta (145.3)
Preliminary Card
Heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Tyrell Fortune (244.8) vs. Giovanni Sarran (251.8)
Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Joey Davis (170.6) vs. Craig Plaskett (168.2)
Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Ed Ruth (170.7) vs. Andy Murad (170.8)
Light heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Jordan Young (204.8) vs. Jamal Pogues (203.7)
Strawweight Preliminary Bout: Keri Melendez (116) vs. Tiani Valle (114.5)
Flyweight Preliminary Bout: Kristi Lopez (125.5) vs. Paola Ramirez (134.7)
Bantamweight Preliminary Bout: Ricky Furar (134.5) vs. Victor Rosas (135.3)
Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Jay Jay Wilson (146) vs. David Conte (145.6)
Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Joshua Jones (155.5) vs. Jacob Rosales (155.7)

GeneChing
11-30-2018, 09:54 AM
https://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/bruna-ellen-bellator-171.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

With title in sight, Bellator 210's Bruna Ellen looking to leave no doubts against Kristina Williams (https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/bruna-ellen-looking-to-leave-no-doubt-vs-kristina-williams-bellator-210)
By: Fernanda Prates | November 28, 2018 7:45 pm

When Bruna Ellen entered the Bellator cage for the first time, at only 20 and only two fights into her MMA career, she wasn’t as intimidated as many would expect a fighter in such conditions to be.

Ellen had, after all, spent a lot of her life taking part kung fu and sanda competitions. She already knew what it was like to venture far from her native Brazil for tournaments, to eat food that she wasn’t used to and to compete in front of crowds that weren’t in her favor.

Still, as the unanimous-decision loss to Jessica Middleton at Bellator 159 reflected, it wasn’t a good night for the flyweight.

“In my (Bellator) debut, I had several problems throughout camp,” Ellen told MMAjunkie. “During the fight, too, I felt weakness, a bunch of things. I got flustered and I went for a takedown, I think in the second round or the first, and I landed underneath her. Even though I had a good head, I felt it.”

Dealing with the unexpected comes with the territory when two people agree to fight each other in a cage. Ellen’s brain, however, clearly had a problem doing that on her first pro loss. So, with the fact of what happened established, she set out to discover the why.

That search led Ellen (4-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) to a sports coach, who she’s been working with for the past two years. And, as she rides a two-fight winning streak into Friday’s Bellator 210 appointment with Kristina Williams (2-1 MMA, 2-1 BMMA), it seems to be working.

“Nowadays, my head is a lot better,” Ellen said. “I’m strong not only physically, but mentally, which is even more important – not getting frustrated with anything that happens in the fight. Because there will always be things that we don’t expect. I think we need to program our heads to solve it right away and come up with various solutions, instead of focusing on the problem.

“I’ve learned that and I train it every week. I think it changed everything. Personally, professionally, during training, during the fight, it made a lot of difference.”

When Ellen returns to the cage at WinStar World Casino & Resort in Thackerville, Okla., it will mean the end of a 15-month layoff. That’s hardly the type of time any fighter likes to spend away from the cage – especially a young, otherwise active one like Ellen.

“It was very hard,” Ellen admits, but here’s yet another advantage of her level-headedness; rather than lament the surgery that kept her out of a scheduled meeting with veteran Valerie Letourneau, Ellen says “it only worked to make my hungrier for this one.”

Letourneau would end up going up against Williams, who was no push-over throughout their three-round affair. Still, Letourneau was the one who thrived, thus securing her stab at the flyweight belt that Ilima-Lei Macfarlane currently holds.

But, the way she sees it, Ellen didn’t do too bad for herself, either.

“I’d said I wanted to fight (Williams),” Ellen said. “So when I heard about the fight I liked it, I was happy. I already knew what I had to do. It was good news.”

Ellen likes that Williams has an aggressive, striking-focused style that is similar to hers. That can not only make for a solid scrap, Ellen says, but also present her with the openings to help her accomplish the mission she’s set out to do on Friday.

“Since she always comes in quite open, I can work with that,” Ellen said. “I can work with her attacks. We have a very set strategy with that. I think her game will help me in what I want to do.”

Although “what I want to do” is always, of course, win, Ellen says she isn’t usually too attached to how it happens. With every different opponent comes a different strategy, and the flyweight tries not to let her focus stray too far away from what’s immediately ahead of her.

At the same tome, however, Ellen is not oblivious to her momentum. Or to what it could mean should she convert it into a three-fight winning streak on Friday.

“This fight, in particular, I intend to win well, leaving no doubt,” Ellen said. “Because then I already want to be in the path for the title. I want to finish it within the three rounds.”

Normally, the idea of 22-year-old fighter with only three fights for a major promotion being a world champion could seem a bit out-of-touch with reality. But Ellen’s situation isn’t exactly normal, as a three-fight winning streak in Bellator’s still-building flyweight division certainly means something.

Add to it that this is a main card fight, and that the also relatively inexperienced Williams could have feasibly earned a title shot had she beaten Letourneau, and Ellen’s own stab at the belt could happen soon – “very soon,” Ellen believes.

It’s been a fast road here, Ellen assesses. But, with circumstances and “a really good head” on her side, she also believes things are happening just in time.

“I’m going after the belt and I’m going to work even harder to keep it, which is the hardest part,” Ellen said.

THREADS:
Women in MMA (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?46722-Women-in-MMA)
Kung Fu in MMA (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?46280-Kung-Fu-in-MMA)

GeneChing
04-15-2019, 10:48 AM
It's just a great title for a thread, ya know. ;)

Sexy Star Claims She Inspired WWE’s Women’s Revolution (https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/sexy-star-claims-inspired-wwe-womens-revolution/)
ELLE COLLINS 04.15.19

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/sexystar.jpg?quality=100
EL REY NETWORK

Some say Sexy Star started the Women’s Revolution. And by “some,” I mean pretty much just Sexy Star. The Mexican luchadora and former AAA and Lucha Underground star, who unmasked a couple of years back and is also known as Dulce García, has largely left wrestling behind after injuring Rosemary with a shoot armbar at TripleMania XXV in August 2017. She claimed it wasn’t her fault, but she basically became persona non grata in pro wrestling after that. She’s since moved on to MMA, and recently made her debut in Alberto Del Rio’s company Combate Americas.

García gave a Spanish language interview to The Roman Show, and WrestlingInc translated some of her comments. She was asked if being the first woman to win the Lucha Underground Championship made an impact at WWE, and she quickly agreed that it did:

I personally think that yes. WWE took notice. I am proud that they gave me that opportunity as a woman, as a Mexican and as a warrior. I felt they [WWE] found out that that had a big buzz all over the world. I think it inspired them to act.

Of course, by the time that episode of Lucha Underground aired on November 16, 2016, the groundbreaking Triple Threat between Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, and Becky Lynch had already happened at WrestleMania 32, and it had been more than a year since Bayley and Sasha had main-evented NXT TakeOver: Respect after bringing the house down at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn. So it seems like the revolution, slow as it might have been, was well underway.

Showing her usual level of self-awareness, García went on to say that she’d love to join WWE, and would be particularly excited to face Ronda Rousey, whether in a wrestling or MMA context.

THREADS
Luchador (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71214-Luchador)
Women in MMA (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?46722-Women-in-MMA)

GeneChing
06-12-2019, 08:14 AM
It's not every day that I get a news piece to post in both our Women in MMA (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?46722-Women-in-MMA) & Breastaurants (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?54808-Breastaurants) threads. :cool:

Meet Larkyn Dasch, the Hooters waitress looking to capitalize on her Bellator 222 moment (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mma/2019/06/11/mma-larkyn-dasch-hooters-waitress-bellator-222/39569651/)
Simon Head, MMA Junkie Published 10:13 p.m. ET June 11, 2019 | Updated 10:23 p.m. ET June 11, 2019

When Larkyn Dasch steps out under the bright lights of the Bellator cage at Madison Square Garden, she'll do so with an open mind, a steely determination and the belief that she cannot be broken.

Dasch (0-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) takes on taekwondo ace Valerie Loureda (1-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) in a preliminary-card bout Friday night at Bellator 222 in New York. And the Michigan native says her fighting spirit will shine through in her debut.

"She'll have to kill me to win," Dasch told MMA Junkie this week. "I won't give up. I've only lost by decision. It doesn't matter what you do, you'll have to knock me out. If she knocks me out, good for her. But I have a gameplan, and I'll fight with more heart than she will.

"That's what I'll bring to it. I'll fight with more heart, and I think I fight with more heart than 99 percent of all female fighters."

https://scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/39bfc2b90d34207de94c6cdfc89f1652/5D783DE9/t51.2885-15/e35/s1080x1080/60932020_898234353849486_4509623623854352276_n.jpg ?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com

larkyndasch's profile picture
larkyndasch (https://www.instagram.com/p/ByY1p9xAzYC/?utm_source=ig_embed)

669 likes
larkyndasch's profile picture
larkyndasch
HERE IS THE NEWS!!!!!!

I have officially signed a contract with @bellatormma for Bellator 222 and will be fighting at Madison Square Garden next Friday!! This was so last minute I actually signed the contract while I was at work at my side job at @taylor_hooters as a Hooters girl!!

Best wishes to my opponent but I am in amazing shape, am already on weight and ready to go to war.
5d

Dasch made headlines when the fight was announced after she posted a photo of her signing her bout agreement while wearing her Hooters waitress gear. While some may have initially viewed it as a publicity stunt, Dasch said it was simply a result of circumstance rather than a PR move.

"I was working double shifts at Hooters all week, from morning to midnight, to free up time for me to make a planned trip to Nashville to visit family," Dasch explained. "So I was working when my manager brought me the contract to sign. He came in, ordered food, obviously, and had me sign the contract right there while I was on the clock."

Dasch, who is also a personality host for Radio Undercard, a boxing and MMA sports talk show in Detroit, admitted that while she follows Bellator, she wasn't aware of Loureda's emergence.

But, rather than ignorance, she explained that she makes a conscious effort to disconnect herself from potential opponents to help keep her mind clear of preconceptions before she steps into the cage.

"Actually, I have never heard of her," Dasch said of Loureda. "I follow Bellator and the UFC, but at the same time I know there is the potential that I could one day end up fighting those girls. And I don't like to know my opponents.

"I would rather my coaches tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do, give me a gameplan and then go in there not knowing who this girl is, because at the end of the day she's just another female fighter who trains every day and has the same struggles that I do."

Dasch's approach might seem a little different from the norm, but that's the 22-year-old's style. Her Instagram bio features an inspirational quote that reads: "If you live life like everyone else, you'll be just like everyone else."

It's a statement that she is directly applying to her career as she prepares to make a huge jump this weekend. Dasch was close to finishing her business administration degree and had just one semester remaining from her four-year course when she opted to drop out and chase her mixed martial arts dream.

"I was going to private college at the time, and when my friends heard what I had chosen to do, everyone thought I was crazy," Dasch said. "But I basically told everyone: 'I'm going for this. I can always go back and finish, but this is my opportunity, and I'm going to take it.'

"So I'm not doing what everyone else wants me to do or what everyone thinks I should do, or what everyone else is doing. Instead, I'm doing something completely different, and I'm hopeful that it will give me a completely different result."

And that result, Dasch said, will be a spectacular one on Friday night in the Big Apple.

"I'm confident in my standup, I'm confident in my ground (game), and I'm confident in my ability to block kicks," Dasch said. "I expect it to finish in a knockout."

And for those wondering if she'll be wearing the famous Hooters logo on her kit when she makes her way to the Bellator cage, don't rule it out.

"That is still undecided," she said. "We're still trying to figure out what we're going to do, but it could be that way. We'll see."

GeneChing
02-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Female MMA fighter breaks her male rival's NOSE with a vicious headbutt after she loses a challenge on Romanian reality TV show Survivor (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8028225/MMA-fighter-breaks-rivals-NOSE-vicious-headbutt.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR2vL1CKbmPWm02coHzkwcJ2-L-GfDqoVnwjefPNH4t0LzKoLHe_W1mNO7A)
Ana Maria Pal, from Bacau, lashed out at rival contestant on Romanian Survivor
MMA fighter had been taking part in a reward challenge to hit bricks from a wall
She then delivered a brutal headbutt to rival Andrei Ciobanu and broke his nose
By FAITH RIDLER FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 04:21 EST, 21 February 2020 | UPDATED: 09:34 EST, 21 February 2020

A female MMA fighter broke her male rival's nose with a vicious headbutt - moments after she lost a challenge on Romanian Survivor.

Ana Maria Pal, 26, from Bacau, had been taking part in a reward challenge on the reality TV show when her competitor Lola managed to complete the task first.

But rather than accept her defeat gracefully, Ms Pal appeared to lose her temper when a man from the competing 'tribe' came over to console her.

In a clip from the show, Andrei Ciobanu is seen walking over to the MMA fighter saying 'it's hard, Ana. It's hard!' moments after she suffered her defeat.

Pal is the second-highest ranking MMA fighter in Romania and started fighting after becoming a mother at the age of 19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=687&v=UMHftn2l81w

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/21/09/25013832-8028225-image-m-8_1582276061969.jpg
In the clip, MMA fighter Ana Marie Pal headbutts Andrei Ciobanu and reportedly breaks his nose after losing a challenge in Romanian Survivor

As he continues to speak, Ms Pal lashes out at Mr Ciobanu - before delivering a powerful headbutt which reportedly broke the contestant's nose.

The victim then falls to the ground clutching his face as Ms Pal throws a ball she was holding over her shoulder and storms away from the scene.

Ms Pal was immediately booted off the show, which was filming in the Dominican Republic, after declaring that her rival 'deserved' the vicious assault.

Producers of the Kanal D show said she had violated the rules of the competition with her unsportsmanlike gesture.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/21/09/25013828-8028225-image-a-9_1582276079190.jpg
The victim then falls to the ground clutching his face as Ms Pal throws a ball she was holding over her shoulder and storms away from the scene

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/21/13/25021576-8028225-Ms_Pal_pictured_was_immediately_booted_off_the_sho w_which_was_fi-m-53_1582290061131.jpg
Ms Pal (pictured) was immediately booted off the show, which was filming in the Dominican Republic, after declaring her rival 'deserved' the vicious assault

'I saw a terrible moment, a shocking moment. I saw a competitor hit in the face by another competitor,' the show's presenter Dan Cruceru told CanCan.

'Unfortunately, Ana Pal lost her temper. What Ana did was a shocking gesture, a gesture that we hoped we would not see.

'We will not tolerate such behavior in Survivor, and our decision was that Ana Pal should not return to the island.'

Mr Ciobanu dubbed the attack a 'very ugly gesture', adding that the decision to remove her from the show was the 'right decision'.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/21/13/25021572-8028225-Ms_Pal_pictured_reportedly_turned_to_the_sport_aft er_she_became_-a-54_1582290128249.jpg
Ms Pal (pictured) reportedly turned to the sport after she became a mother when she was 19

Another Romanian fighter, Diana Belbita, condemned Ms Pal's actions on Instagram after the incident aired on Tuesday.

'I cannot agree with the gesture tonight of Ana Maria Pal,' she said. 'It is not a typical gesture for performance fighters and I would like to avoid generalising.'

'If Ana made this gesture, she's the only one who takes it… This is not a typical gesture for a fighter, Ana Maria is the only one who assumes the consequences.'

Ms Pal has a professional MMA (mixed martial arts) record of 2-3-0 and is ranked second of 15 'active' female fighters in Romania.

THREADS
Chick KOs dude with headbutt (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?59460-Chick-KOs-dude-with-headbutt) slightly ot here cuz it wasn't a KO
MMA "Survivor" series (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?10196-MMA-quot-Survivor-quot-series)

GeneChing
11-03-2021, 09:36 AM
Bodies were strewn across the canvas when all hell broke loose in a 3 v 3 women's MMA match (https://www.insider.com/3-vs-3-womens-fight-as-feral-as-you-think-2021-8)
Alan Dawson Aug 23, 2021, 5:14 AM
https://i.insider.com/61234c254932030018456708?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp
All hell breaks loose in a team fighting event from Poland. Photo from The War 2 event in Poland
The Devils beat The Bad Girls in a three vs. three MMA event earlier this month.
Team events are rare in this combat discipline.
And after seeing the footage below, you can see that this is perhaps with good reason.

Bodies were strewn across the canvas when all hell broke loose at a three vs. three women's MMA match that took place at a sub-regional sports event in Poland, earlier this month.

Even in a combat discipline where bumps, bruises, blood and guts can be commonplace, the vast majority of fights happen when one individual competes against another.

Team events are therefore rare — and when you see footage of the Devils fighting the Bad Girls at an event dubbed The War 2, you can see it is perhaps for good reason that these fights don't happen often.

It was not long before the Devils dropped their first opponent, captured their second, and then swarmed the third and final Bad Girl to close the show.

The match barely lasted more than two minutes, and two of the three referees were needed to ensure the fighting had truly finished.

Watch the weird, wild chaos below:

It is unlikely we will ever see this kind of event break into mainstream MMA.

The "weird, wild chaos below:" is a twitter link - see https://twitter.com/streetfitebncho/status/1426649570096914434

threads
Multiple-Fighters-in-the-Cage-(more-than-two) (https://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?56696-Multiple-Fighters-in-the-Cage-(more-than-two))
Women-in-MMA (https://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?46722-Women-in-MMA)

GeneChing
03-22-2023, 04:48 PM
...things have sure changed...:eek:

Bizarre moment two MMA fighters KISS each other on the mouth at their pre-show faceoff... as fans joke they 'fell in love' before going into battle (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/mma/article-11873113/Bizarre-moment-two-MMA-fighters-KISS-mouth-pre-faceoff.html)
Various Czech social media personalities clashed in a MMA bout last Sunday
Actress Denisa Ryndova kissed pornstar Karina Pedro during the prefight promo
Click here for all your latest international sports news from DailyMail.com
By PATRICK DJORDJEVIC FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 13:55 EDT, 17 March 2023 | UPDATED: 16:52 EDT, 17 March 2023

Two Czech models engaged in a cheeky kiss during a prefight faceoff ahead of a Clash of the Stars fight last week.

Denisa Ryndova and Karina Pedro became a brief twosome ahead of their four-woman fight at the O2 Arena in Prague.

As the pair moved toward each other, their heads met in a traditional forehead embrace seen across the MMA world.

What followed next was more uncommon, as the redheaded Ryndova lunged in for a kiss - rather than the usual aggression seen between other fighters.

Pedro seemed to enjoy the surprise moment of desire, grasping at Ryndova's face before planting her lips on the redhead's neck.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/03/17/20/68830271-11873113-image-m-17_1679084065767.jpg
Denisa Ryndova and Karina Pedro engaged in a surprise kiss during their pre-fight faceoff

Following the succeeding bout, Ryndova labeled the kiss as her 'favorite moment of this whole crazy journey' on her Instagram.

Pedro, a pornstar and rapper, also flashed her breasts to the crowd alongside her MMA partner Inked Dory.

Both repeated the same crowd pleasing act prior to, and following their victory over Ryndova and her teammate Kristal Shine, Sunday.

'I have very strong emotions since yesterday,' Pedro wrote on Instagram Monday.

'Winning is a great satisfaction for me! We gave everything into the preparations and the match itself.

'And a person who has never faced his opponent in the ring can hardly imagine how difficult it is. A very powerful moment! We left our hearts in there. Thank you.'

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/03/17/17/68830693-11873113-image-a-51_1679075549778.jpg
Pedro (R) & her MMA partner Inked Dory (L) fought against Kristal Shine (CL) & Denisa Ryndova