PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Weapons of China !!

PunkRockMantis
06-06-2007, 03:23 PM
i picked this one up saturday, THIS MOVIE ROCKS the cool intro with the weapons against a black backdrop, and the voo doo doll controlling the fighter...it was a total blast and worth watching. it seems that some of the music has been borrowed from the car chase classic "Mad Max" wich fit the scene well, and caught me by surprise.
a movie like this makes me long for the days of my youth when there was nothing but kung-fu/monster movies on all day saturday.. that was the stuff!
a small question though, Gordon Liu (also in the deadly mantis, another favorite) has yellow dots on his head...is there any signifigance to this??
anyway legendary weapons was cool to check out.

djcaldwell
06-06-2007, 07:58 PM
i picked this one up saturday, THIS MOVIE ROCKS the cool intro with the weapons against a black backdrop, and the voo doo doll controlling the fighter...it was a total blast and worth watching. it seems that some of the music has been borrowed from the car chase classic "Mad Max" wich fit the scene well, and caught me by surprise.
a movie like this makes me long for the days of my youth when there was nothing but kung-fu/monster movies on all day saturday.. that was the stuff!
a small question though, Gordon Liu (also in the deadly mantis, another favorite) has yellow dots on his head...is there any signifigance to this??

That movie was Awesome and the fight scene at the end between Lau Kar Leung and his brother Lau Kar Wing set the tone for much of what we see in todays movies (i.e. fight scene between Zhang Ziyi and Michelle Yeoh in Crouching Tiger). Lau definitely is the best KF Fight scene coordinator - check out Seven Swords the last thing he did. The scenese in that are awesome as well - especially the last sword fight with Donnie Yen.

mickey
06-07-2007, 04:25 AM
Greetings,

I saw that movie for the second time at the Music Palace on April 16, 1983. That day was significant because I did not get home until 1am. The reason? We got over 17 inches of snow. It was hell getting out of Chinatown.

mickey

PangQuan
06-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Gordon Liu (also in the deadly mantis, another favorite) has yellow dots on his head...is there any signifigance to this??

representing monk scars from burning incense...

PunkRockMantis
06-07-2007, 01:43 PM
representing monk scars from burning incense...
Thanks PangQuan!
yeah seven swords was pretty cool. i have a prefrence for the late 60's 70's stuff as thats what i saw on tv when i was a kid, mainly the golden harvest or shaw brothers movies.

kungpowmaster
06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Yes, I liked this movie alot also. Though I only have the lesser quality full screen dvd release of it. I believe the markings on the head have to do with Buddhism. I have seen such before in other movies, I suspect a monk tradition, as I was a Hindu monk in the early 90's, and we also used symbols on the forehead.

Chosen One