PDA

View Full Version : Happened by chance

hskwarrior
06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
i was randomly searching something on Daniel Tamazaki (tat wongs student) and came across this clip.

it says 94, but im don't remember what year tats 4 star grand championship was.

anyways, one of my jr classmates who just like to fight randomly entered the 4 star competition.

i will admit he was FAR from ready, and to be truthful, i never thought he should have entered the 4 star. he is a brawler for sure as you can see by his sow choys. its a real mess i will say. but hey, i came across this by chance and thought i'd share it.

remember, he was a short timer who just wanted to go out and fight.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1526974016

one of the funny parts is you can hear my classmate drop two pek choys on this guy from where she is recording. she said "what did you do to my honey?" .........i thought it was funny.

hskwarrior
06-08-2007, 01:44 PM
let me make it clear.

my classmate has 1/3 of the time FU POW has in clf. literrally 1-2 years of training and no martial arts training previously. its evident in his fighting method.

but i want to state that that is HIS personal fighting style the way he fought.

but its not bad for his first tournament though

hskwarrior
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
but heres a clip of daniel tamazaki fighting the same guy.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1526974016

nospam
06-09-2007, 06:01 PM
hskwarrior

Your student is the fellow in the white? Is he still with you? Not to step on any one's toes but teach him a little forward momentum and a straight punch while he's at it (keeping it simple) and with his attitude "he was a short timer who who just wanted to go out and fight" BAM! Ya got yourself something good to work with.

Words I like to hear: ..just wanted to go out and fight. :D

nospam
:cool:

hskwarrior
06-09-2007, 06:41 PM
actually he is my jr. classmate and had very little skill at the time of this tournament. he just went off of his natural fighting style instead of really trying to use clf.

he doesn't train anymore, but as i said, he shouldn't have entered that tournament. he wasn't ready, but he's hardheaded.

yeah, whether ready or not, he just wanted to test himself out and fight.

but i give him his props. he's has the heart of a fighter.

hskwarrior
06-09-2007, 06:46 PM
oh, and of course i teach MY students forward momentum, straight punches from all angles. chop choy's are our favorite. but they still like to smash too.

as for my classmate, he has some heavy hands, a hard head and some real fcking power. he has no guage so its all heavy hands.

CLFNole
06-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Frank:

That was the 1997 Tourney because my sihing is standing around the ring waiting to fight. You could always tell us because we wore our cups on the outside.

Actually during the video if you look up at the top of the screen that is me in the white uniform doing our broadsword set. Wow that is a long time ago.

I got to give your classmate credit for trying, I believe the guy he is fighting is a northern shaolin sifu that frequents this forum.

Peace.

stout
06-09-2007, 07:29 PM
He a Japanese American right? Think I met him in Seattle CLF convention once. Has he given up CLF?

hskwarrior
06-09-2007, 07:35 PM
my classmate is filipino. and yeah, he's been doing his own thing since that fight.

stout
06-09-2007, 09:44 PM
he must have lost faith in circular techniques.

It seems with CLF there are certain princples you must adhere to once you use it, otherwise it won't work.