PDA

View Full Version : Tradtional CKF DVDs from SE Asia.

Eric Ling
06-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi everybody,

Mentioned this couple of times in my other threads; DVDs series featuring some of the Masters working with us in this coming September gathering in Kuching.

Got a clip here showing GM Cheong Cheng Loong taking 2 of his students through some movements before real shoot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx9BcAnf5Vc

GM Cheong's DVD will include:-

• Kai San Quan or “Opening Mountain” form – a beginner’s form covered in his first book.
• Ting San Quan or “Guarding Mountain” – this is an advance form and GM Cheong thinks that it will showcase his ChuGar Phoenix nicely.
• 6 ˝ Pole – Wing Chunners should find this form interesting. First seen in his 2nd book.
• 2 men drill – also covered in his 2nd book.
• Chu Gar Applications – personally, I really love this presentation. No nonsense effective fighting techniques.

We also got :-

• Cho Gar Wing Chun featuring GM Cheong Wai Por – the current head of Saam Chan Cho Gar Wing Chun.

• 7 Stars Praying Mantis with GM Wong Pak Chong. I just finished the raw shoot and I got to tell you GM Wong is one northern stylist who loves “talking hands”. Besides forms, he is really into applications. We were talking about how 7 Stars PM fights like Wing Chun; the “northern” version with all the trapping hand chin-na, short range elbows and take downs….

Will be going on to do :-

• Geok Gar
• Chow Gar
• Southern Taizu or Grand Ancestor

After Penang, we are continuing with Sarawak, Singapore and Sabah traditional Kung Fu.

Got to tell you that I don’t believe in fancy production gimmicks and I just want to capture the “essence” raw principles of the arts.

So don’t expect props, studios and special sound effects; I shoot where the Masters teach, right at their schools or surroundings.

I want to get an emailing list going, so those of you keen in purchasing any of these, please write to
white88crane@yahoo.com

We will send you updates and other details….

Warmest Regards.

Eric

lkfmdc
06-08-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.dailyllama.com/news/2004/images/golden_honey_spam_large.jpg

Ben Gash
06-09-2007, 01:23 AM
You can talk :D

Eric Ling
06-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi everybody,

To those who written have in - thank you. I will be sending more info ....

Here's another clip showing Por Suk explaining the opening techniques from "Luk Dim Pun Kwan Saat Sum Cheung".

Por Suk's DVD will cover :-

13 hands.
Arrow Palms.
Smash Hits.
All segments of Cho Gar Siu Nim Tau.
6 1/2 Pole 13 Spears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NALkHcv_vo

Warmest Regards.

Eric

lkfmdc
06-09-2007, 10:50 AM
You can talk :D

I was asked not to do it, so I stopped.... so am I now to assume you can't hawk fighitng related products, but if it's a forms DVD, fine and well? :cool:

lkfmdc
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
so if "spamming" is ok again.....

San Da Training Systems News
www.SanDa-MMA.com

Instructor's Intensive Seminar August 10-12, 2007

After several years of successfully offering the "Combat Sports Training Camp", San Da Training Systems (STS) will be offering another kind of short mini-camp. This mini-camp will be an "instructor's intensive seminar" designed for those who would like to join our network. During the three days you will spend with us we'll introduce you to our program, which has generated the financial numbers the "big commercial schools" do without compromising the integrity of the training. We'll introduce you to all four aspects of the curriculum;

(1) Conditioning
(2) Kickboxing
(3) Clinching
(4) Jiu Jitsu

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

Friday, August 10
6 pm to 8 pm David A Ross (Basic structure, footwork, striking, Defense)
8 pm to 10 pm Carmine Zocchi (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu top positions)

Saturday, August 11
9 am to 12 noon Tim O’Connor, Ian Morgan (kickboxing and conditioning)
2 pm to 5 pm Carmine Zocchi (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu bottom positions)

Sunday, August 12
9 am to 12 noon Tim O’Connor, Ian Morgan (kickboxing counters)
2 pm to 4 pm David A Ross (clinching and takedowns)

Since this is an instructor's intensive, and we will be giving each participant a geat deal of personal attention, there are limited spots available for this seminar. Pre registration is $299 and also includes a one year membership in the instructors' network (a $145 value).

Meet our staff

David A Ross
Director and founder of New York San Da, David A Ross has been involved in the martial arts most of his life. He began training in Western boxing at the age of 8. A few years later, he began his study of Korean Taekwondo and Hapkido under the late Grand Master Pong Ki Kim, achieving a second degree black belt in both arts. He eventually dedicated himself to the late Master Chan Tai San. His vision led to the creation of the New York San Da school, where men, women and children can practice realistic martial arts and see real benefits.

Carmine Zocchi
Carmine Zocchi earned his black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu from Marcello Mello and has over ten years experience. Carmine has a wealth of experience as a competitior in Jiu-Jitsu, submission grappling and Mixed Martial Arts. He is also a fine instructor with experience coaching both the Rhino and NY San Da competition teams.

Ian Morgan
Full Instructor (4th Level), USKBA United States Muay Thai Champion, 2005 Arnold San Da champion, 2004 "Born to Fight" Super Fight winner, 2003 Arnold Super Fight winner, 2002 USWU National Tournament winner, ranked #1 or #2 by every sanctioning body in the sport.

Tim O'Connor
Full Instructor (4th Level), Tim O'Connor started his martial arts training at the age of 11, studying American Kenpo. By the age of 14, he was an assistant instructor and went on to receive his Black Belt at the age of 17. From there Tim studied Chinese Hawaiian Kenpo, Jujitsu, and Kung Fu. This progression led Tim into training in San Da, which he feels is the most complete martial art and fighting style there is. In addition to constantly furthering his own training and teaching others, Tim is currently one of the most active fighters on the New York San Da team, and enjoying a successful amateur career.

New! Join The Instructors' Network And Receive Support and Advice

Even if you can't attend the Instructors' Intensive Seminar, you can join San Da Training Systems and receive advice and support.
For only $145 you will receive a one year's membership in the instructors' network which includes the following benefits;

1) A monthly email from Sifu Ross with advice on running classes, advertising, training staff, marketing and more
2) A listing on the web page as an "Associate School"
3) Access directly to Sifu Ross to ask him questions
4) A certificate for your school
5) Discounts on DVD's, clothing and training equipment
And more......

Carmine Zocchi BJJ for MMA Volume Two now available
In the second volume of Carmine Zocchi's no gi Brazilian Jiu Jitsu series, the side across position is addressed. Perhaps the most important position in a mixed martial arts (MMA) match, Carmine shows how to hold the position from the top, how to escape from the bottom, numerous submissions, opportunities for striking and transitions to the mount position.
Available at http://www.customflix.com/227900

New "Intermediate San Da" with Tim O'Connor and Ian Morgan
Tim O'Connor and Ian Morgan introduce intermediate San Da skills including "Lion skills" (the aggressive countering of kicks with punches), and kick catching. This title also includes more of Tim's famous conditioning methods.
Available at http://www.customflix.com/229730

New "San Da Intensive Seminar" with Sifu Ross and Tim O'Connor
Sifu David A Ross and Tim O'Connor conducted an intensive San Da seminar in Long Island in 2006 and the DVD is finally going to be released after much delay! This title also includes boxing structure, level control, forearm shields vs shoot, 1-2-3 kicking drills, cut kicks and more of Tim's famous conditioning methods.
Available at http://www.customflix.com/230088

For more info please visit us at
www.Sanda-MMA.com