PDA

View Full Version : You know you spend too much time on the KFM forum when...

SaintSage
06-13-2007, 11:48 AM
It shows up in your bleedin' dream...

Gene had made a topic trying to sell Wing Lam's Double Gen DVD, and he said that we should all buy it even though it sucked. He also appologised for it being so bad, and the enitre thread became a fight over whether it was a real kung fu set or just Wing Lam trying to make money and use for Sais... There was also arguing about lineage and stuff...

Pretty much the usual at KFM! (Just to note, I have no idea whether or not that video sucked, its just what Gene said in the dream!)

Becca
06-13-2007, 12:44 PM
LOL! that's funny... I can honestly say I have never dreamt about KFO. KF, yes, but not FKO.

golden arhat
06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
when u practise you're iron finger skills on the keyboard

NJM
06-13-2007, 01:19 PM
It shows up in your bleedin' dream...

Gene had made a topic trying to sell Wing Lam's Double Gen DVD, and he said that we should all buy it even though it sucked. He also appologised for it being so bad, and the enitre thread became a fight over whether it was a real kung fu set or just Wing Lam trying to make money and use for Sais... There was also arguing about lineage and stuff...

Pretty much the usual at KFM! (Just to note, I have no idea whether or not that video sucked, its just what Gene said in the dream!)

I'm sorry, what video? Because Wing Lam has never altered his KF sets for money, or to make use of materials. In fact, he's never invented a set as to my knowlege. But if he did, I bet it would kick ass.

SaintSage
06-13-2007, 01:27 PM
http://www.wle.com/products/VHG32D.html <--- That one.

And it was just a dream. I don't think he's ever made stuff up or anything like that, but I have heard people accuse him of that, which is why it showed up in my dream.

Becca
06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
When you actually have to back-read a thread to make sure you aren't posting a responce to last year's forms flame thread...

When you know who the Doll Lady is...

You know who Blooming Ego is...

You know why people attribute supernatural powers to flan...

MonkeyKingUSA
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry, what video? Because Wing Lam has never altered his KF sets for money, or to make use of materials. In fact, he's never invented a set as to my knowlege. But if he did, I bet it would kick ass.

Sifu Lam has done much to spread Hung Gar, Northern Shaolin, Tai Chi Chuan and Ha Say Fu. He has been a great example to all of us and I have a lot of respect for him.
However, he does put "markers" in the sets on his videotapes. It is a common practice. Those who know the forms recognize the markers.

NJM
06-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Sifu Lam has done much to spread Hung Gar, Northern Shaolin, Tai Chi Chuan and Ha Say Fu. He has been a great example to all of us and I have a lot of respect for him.
However, he does put "markers" in the sets on his videotapes. It is a common practice. Those who know the forms recognize the markers.

True, but isolated foibles don't translate into the creation of new sets, which is all I wanted to clarify.

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
When you know who the Doll Lady is...

Reply]
When THIS is where you come when you have dating problems :o

GeneChing
06-13-2007, 04:27 PM
For the record, we didn't put any intentional markers in the WLE videos. We made some mistakes and those became the markers. I can almost always tell the video students because they never get past the videos. They just repeat the mistakes. Some of the younger generation people might have claimed there were markers to save face. But it was more accidental that intentional.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'm comfortable appearing in SaintSage's dream as selling something that sucks. I suppose it's better than appearing in SaintSage's dream in a teddy with a whip, but we shouldn't dwell on that too much now or I'll enter all of your dreams.

RD'S Alias - 1A
06-13-2007, 05:33 PM
You know you are on KFM too much when you have your primary profile, AND an alias, and everyone knows the Alias is you...

BTW, when IS my primary profile going to be fixed? My post count is permanently discombobulated!! :mad:

NJM
06-13-2007, 09:02 PM
For the record, we didn't put any intentional markers in the WLE videos. We made some mistakes and those became the markers. I can almost always tell the video students because they never get past the videos. They just repeat the mistakes. Some of the younger generation people might have claimed there were markers to save face. But it was more accidental that intentional. [/COLOR].

Bah! Thanks for telling everyone, I thought we were trying to keep that under wraps! =O

Becca
06-14-2007, 06:33 AM
You know you are on KFM too much when you have your primary profile, AND an alias, and everyone knows the Alias is you...

BTW, when IS my primary profile going to be fixed? My post count is permanently discombobulated!! :mad:S'not that hard, you alias is RD's Alias...:D

I was going to say you know you've been on LFO too much when you understand Gene's thing with naco cheese and ninjettes, but I don't think even Gene understands that one... :O

GeneChing
06-14-2007, 09:20 AM
when you understand Gene's think with naco cheese and ninjettes You've been here too long when you can make sense of that sentence. Do not sully my nacho ninjettes (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35945) with your bad grammar. :mad:;)

Shaolin Wookie
06-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Mega-Tool actually starts making sense to you.....

Erasmus Mingatt
06-21-2007, 02:05 AM
When you claim that you have an ancient unheard of form of Dit Da Jow that was given to you by an ancient Taoist priest on top of Mount "Toys R' US" which was a recipe given to him in a dream by a diety known only to him.

The name of the Jow? Can't tell ya..only I know it's contents :rolleyes:

Becca
06-21-2007, 06:35 AM
when u practise you're iron finger skills on the keyboard
Or when you notice that your iron finger skills seem to be tied in with you typing speed. I used to 10-key several times a week. durring that time, my speer hand was much beter right-handed than left.:p

bodhitree
06-29-2007, 08:10 AM
You bring books to work just so you don't spend the whole day on KFM

MasterKiller
06-29-2007, 08:17 AM
You jack to nacho ninjaettes.

bodhitree
06-29-2007, 09:16 AM
you remember hot topics of trolls by the year which they were hot

you know where this link (http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/)came from

your boss and coworkers know KFM is always up (more so than work)

when your family asks why you start randomly laughing and you explain something from this forum

bodhitree
07-13-2007, 10:33 AM
you know the characters in all the super-mega challange matches

bodhitree
07-13-2007, 10:37 AM
You know everything about RD's women troubles yet nothing about mambi's (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47189)

PangQuan
07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
When you come to the conclusion that Knifefighter is actually a decent guy. :eek:

Iron_Eagle_76
07-13-2007, 10:44 AM
When you don't bother to respond to "My Kung Fu is uber deadly, I don't need to grapple"

When you look forward to the next installment of SevenStar vs. Masterkiller

bodhitree
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
When you don't bother to respond to "My Kung Fu is uber deadly, I don't need to grapple"

When you look forward to the next installment of SevenStar vs. Masterkiller

when you know there's a 90% chance mk's woman is with 7* right now:eek:

PangQuan
07-13-2007, 10:50 AM
and a 90% chance someones Mom is with MK right now

Iron_Eagle_76
07-13-2007, 11:16 AM
When your so bored at work you actually get excited that bodhitree restarted this thread.:eek:

bodhitree
07-13-2007, 11:17 AM
When your so bored at work you actually get excited that bodhitree restarted this thread.:eek:

restarted this thread because he was so bored at work...

bodhitree
07-13-2007, 11:18 AM
and a 90% chance someones Mom is with MK right now

You know you...... when

you know if GDA was here he'd say it was his mom then say "good job pimpin" to MK

PangQuan
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
You know you...... when

you know if GDA was here he'd say it was his mom then say "good job pimpin" to MK

lmao thats a good one, and right on the money

bodhitree
07-13-2007, 11:39 AM
You cringe every time you see RD quote someone

RD'S Alias - 1A
07-13-2007, 11:47 AM

Reply]
What is so difficult about the way I quote people? It's simple, the words in Italics are thiers, and every thing after the Reply] Is mine.

bodhitree
07-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Reply]
What is so difficult about the way I quote people? It's simple, the words in Italics are thiers, and every thing after the Reply] Is mine.

I didn't say it was difficult, I just said it made me cringe.

Iron_Eagle_76
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
I cringe with laughter after every RD Woman story (only because he never gets laid:D)

PangQuan
07-13-2007, 02:27 PM
"fox of the heart of the spiritual of the crane of the mind has entered the gates of the temple of the tiger of the mind of the essence of enlightenment of the tiger of the mind"

When you actually understand what The Xia was doing with this....you're in trouble at that point.

The Xia
07-13-2007, 02:35 PM
"fox of the heart of the spiritual of the crane of the mind has entered the gates of the temple of the tiger of the mind of the essence of enlightenment of the tiger of the mind"

When you actually understand what The Xia was doing with this....you're in trouble at that point.
LOL! :D
How's this for one. You spend too much time on this forum if you are familiar with the name Takeshi Ukeno.

SaintSage
07-13-2007, 03:12 PM
You are surprised a no-name like me got his thread revived.

SPJ
07-13-2007, 06:36 PM
when you run out of stuff to read from Kung fu forums both in english and chinese.

--

:mad::D;)

bodhitree
08-03-2007, 08:21 AM
when you know it's not worth trying to understand spj:D

when you've had interactions with John Takeshi, Mega-foot, and Mega_fist

SPJ
08-03-2007, 01:51 PM
The long march of 10,000 posts starts with 3 posts a day."

:eek::D

PangQuan
08-03-2007, 01:56 PM
when you know it's not worth trying to understand spj:D

When you DO understand SPJ :p

The Xia
08-03-2007, 02:50 PM
When you lecture your family and friends about the mind of the tiger spiritual. :eek:

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I cringe with laughter after every RD Woman story (only because he never gets laid

Reply]
Actually,I get laid a lot....it's generally the only thing that keeps the women around long enough to generate the crazy stories i have!!

cjurakpt
08-03-2007, 05:17 PM
when you run out of people to quote

cjurakpt
08-03-2007, 05:18 PM
when you run out of people to quote

when you run out of people to quote and start quoting yourself

SaintSage
08-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Can I quote you on that?

SPJ
08-03-2007, 07:13 PM

LOL.

Good one.

:D

John Takeshi
08-04-2007, 06:01 AM
You feel betrayed by those whom you thought were allies.

When the enlightenment of the tiger mind has become prey to the libel of dragons in sheepskin garments, pilfered from the spiritual of the monkey.

bodhitree
08-05-2007, 07:54 AM
You feel betrayed by those whom you thought were allies.

When the enlightenment of the tiger mind has become prey to the libel of dragons in sheepskin garments, pilfered from the spiritual of the monkey.

when you know all of the John Takeshi personas, and you know how to manipulate their babbel.

The true tiger is the mind spiritual of the panther.

SaintSage
08-08-2007, 08:21 PM
You get bored and revive an old thread that's been resurected more times that Lazarus..

cjurakpt
08-08-2007, 08:35 PM
You get bored and revive an old thread that's been resurected more times that Lazarus..

"Come forth, Lazarus! And he came fifth and lost the job." -
-- James Joyce

when you find a way to work Joyce into a thread...

Becca
08-09-2007, 06:39 AM
You know what people are talking about when they say "Jo-jo the dog boy."

And you know that this is a sign to go get the popcorn and if you want a drink, some glass plus to clean your moniter protector.:D

TenTigers
08-09-2007, 08:57 AM
that it becomes your own little world, and you are so self-important that you type in "ttt" just so you and everyone else can see just how fukin clever you are...

SPJ
08-09-2007, 07:03 PM
When you started to notice the handler's names of other posters and wonder

is it not saint = sage? or is it?

:confused::eek::D:rolleyes:;):p:D

DPL
08-09-2007, 07:47 PM
When you quickly glance up in the sky every time you walk outside in case the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster is preparing to attack.

RD'S Alias - 1A
08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
When the act of testing your latest batch of home made rice wine distilled to 50&#37; alcohol has you posting about said flying spaghetti monsters and muslins, instead of making the jow that the wine was originally intended for!!

Becca
08-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Hey! What thread was that in? Sounds like fun...:D

DPL
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
I think the Spaghetti Monster made its first appearance on one of the two now-departed (in the Scorcese sense) muslim threads also mentioned by RD above, 'cause I can't find it anymore.

bodhitree
08-10-2007, 09:00 AM
y.k.y.s.t.m.t. when your wife knows how you feel about certain characters here

when your family fears Gene Ching crotch kicks

SaintSage
09-03-2007, 10:33 AM
When you post pictures of yourself doing a jumping kick in front of the Washington Monument.

The glowing yellow eyes makes for a neat effect.

SPJ
09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
cool pic.

most of us are here to promote CMA or styles that we know.

a lot of promotions I guess.

:cool:

RD'S Alias - 1A
09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I am not really sure why I am here anymore. I have been here since 1969.

The Xia
09-03-2007, 08:43 PM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47438

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47857

bodhitree
09-04-2007, 03:55 AM
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47438

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47857

I just didn't want anyone else to experience what I did...

bodhitree
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
you post about canadian (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48446&page=12) bacon (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48470&page=2)

when you see this thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48469) you remember that thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43675&highlight=green+cloud+fraud)

when you've ttt'ed this thread numerous times