PDA

View Full Version : Reputable tai chi in Queens, N.Y...?

Sleeping Tiger
06-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Hello,

I am posting this in two areas, because I am not sure which area it really belongs. Perhaps both?

I am very interested in developing my qi (chi), and am looking for a school that can help me do that either through tai chi, or another internal form. I do like movement as opposed to static forms. However, I am on a mission and would be open to whatever it takes to further my goal of understanding and developing my chi.

I believe I already have some sensation and sense of chi particularly from my waist down. But I do not know how to understand and develop it to it’s full potential.

About 15 years ago I practiced tai chi under Master C.K. Chu in New York (Manhattan) for several months. I did enjoy it and understand the basic fundamentals. I felt all around healthier but stopped going before any potential (qi) could be realized (I wish I had stayed with it).

I know that Master Chu still teaches, but I am avoiding making the trip to Manhattan, since I live in Queens, New York and want to be closer to home. I intend on practicing regularly and I don’t want the trip to Manhattan to be an obstacle to my training.

So, I guess I am asking two questions:

1. What exercise is the best for developing qi (chi)?
2. Where is there a “reputable” school / teacher in Queens, New York (Bayside, Flushing, etc) that can help a student realize their qi potential (given a student that is willing to do the work)?

I emphasize “reputable” because there are so many schools out there, that it makes one’s head spin:confused:. It seems impossible to “really know” by talking to someone on the phone or by looking at a website or a telephone book listing. I am hoping that someone in this community forum will be able to point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance for your help. I realize that I am asking a question that may require more questions (of me). Great site. Keep it up.

Joe

Urbanfist14
06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
www.streetfist.com

Much luck to you.

With respects,
Stan

Sleeping Tiger
06-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the recommendation. I have returned to my original teacher Master Chu (who by the way is on Sifu Rudy's list of teachers he has trained under) in Manhattan. I'm glad I did. I was very comfortable seeing him again. It's been about 18 years. Anyway, already started classes and the short form. It is funny how much you retain after all those years.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Joe

Fu-Pow
06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the recommendation. I have returned to my original teacher Master Chu (who by the way is on Sifu Rudy's list of teachers he has trained under) in Manhattan. I'm glad I did. I was very comfortable seeing him again. It's been about 18 years. Anyway, already started classes and the short form. It is funny how much you retain after all those years.

Thanks again for the recommendation.

Joe

Which teacher is that?

Sleeping Tiger
06-22-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I am referring to Master C.K. Chu in New York. Here's a link. He's been around forever:

http://www.chutaichi.com/

Fu-Pow
06-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi,

I am referring to Master C.K. Chu in New York. Here's a link. He's been around forever:

http://www.chutaichi.com/

Ok thank you. I'm looking for a school in NYC.

Satori Science
06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Sifu Rudy is the man!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4KzldV6nHZ4