PDA

View Full Version : TUF 5 - Joe Lauzon

sanjuro_ronin
06-15-2007, 05:15 AM
So yesterday we saw Joe Lauzon, who was probably the most promising fighter on the show, loose to " the tank" Manvel Gamburyan.

Manvel did almost everything right in beating Joe, took him out of his game plan, GnP him in Manvel's unique way, negated Joe's advantges and was more aggressive and controlled the fight.
Manvel took Joe down almost at will and was only in danger once towards the end of the last round when Joe got his back, flipped him over and almost got the RNC, Manvel slithered out of it.
He got on top of Joe, be it in his open guard or half guard and dug his head into Joes chest and only raised his head to drop shots.
Joe was never in trouble, but he didn't have the answer to what Manvel was doing, at least not on this night.

I don;t know if this was the first time Joe fought a "smaller, stronger fighter", but Manvel had his number from the start.

I like Joe, love his skill and work ethic.
When I was a Mod/Admin at Bullshido, Joe was one of the guys I liked most, he fought well and talked less, a mark of a true fighter.

He will get better and he will be a champion, bet on it.

Manvel will go far, IF he learns how to finish an opponent.

AmanuJRY
06-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I was bummed.:(

I think Joe could beat him if they fought again.:cool:

...but then thin - Nate Diaz vs. Manny Gamburyan........Nick Diaz vs. Karo Parisyan (again, I wish)...

It's a family feud!

[cue banjo music..]

What's up with all that?

AmanuJRY
06-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Manvel will go far, IF he learns how to finish an opponent.

He won't...It's a family curse.:eek:

BruceSteveRoy
06-15-2007, 07:46 PM
i missed last nights episode is it on the internet anywhere?

Chameleon
06-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Joe could have won, but got gassed on the bottom after he missed the first kick and Manny got on top. Thought Joe would choke him out at the end, but he survived.