PDA

View Full Version : Nga Ga Kuen Five Familys Style and Sui Lam Fut Ga Kuen ?

Firehawk4
06-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Are these 2 arts the same Ark Wong Yues Five Familys style is said to be from Lau Ga , Hung Ga , Li Ga ,Choy Ga , and Mok Ga , and Sui Lum Fut Ga Kuen is also said to come from Hun Ga, Lau Ga ,Mok Ga ,Li Ga , Mok Ga ? Wat are the history of these arts what kinds of techniques do they use ? Also what kind of concepts and principles do they have ? And what about there forms ?

Steeeve
06-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh Men another contrevirsial Thread .....

GM Lum dai yong and GM Wong ... same time ....one in hawaii and the other one in Usa (I mean the mainland)

A lot of similarities ....Maybe from the same source ? Who Knows ? Sifu Raplh Shun learned the Fut Ga kuen and also Ng Ga kuen but He passed away long time ago ....

interesting research here .....

Could you show some of Fut Ga Kuen .....? I just saw the tape of Sifu Lee and hes very good

From what I saw is different

Steeve

bakxierboxer
06-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Anybody want a scan of Sifu's old business card?
That should settle the question of just what Families are included.
Only "problem" is that I blew it up so that it's @ 322KB.

lostdragon
06-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Borrowed from cyberkwoon...

"Some people consider Siu Lam Fut Ga Kuen (Shao Lin Buddhist Family Boxing) to be a generic name encompassing all Shaolin styles following the saying that "All Shaolin is one family." There have also been a couple of instances of the name being directly used by a lineage. There was an article several years back ("Inside Kung-Fu"?) about the origins of a Fut Ga Kuen that is taught in Kwangtung. Sorry, but I don't remember the details. In America, Sifu Arthur Lee and his son Sifu Harlan Lee have carried on the version of Siu Lum Fut Ga Kuen introduced by the late Lum Dai Yong in the early to middle 1900's in Hawaii. There are several variations of the hands sets due to the predilictions of the various students that studied under Lum Dai Yong, but they are still recognizable. Sifu Arthur Lee originally taught 3 hand sets (Butterfly Palms, Cross-shaped Fist, and 5 Great Family Set), 2 staff sets, a butterfly knife set, a tiger fork and Kwan Dao set. In addition to the Fut Ga routines were a Hung Ga set from his first teacher, the late Lau Yu Cho, and a Choi Ga set."

I don't know anything about SLFGK, but am alway interested in discussions about common ancestry.

Steeeve
06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes Me Bakxierboxer

I want a scan of this bussiness card .....

Steeve

bakxierboxer
06-18-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes Me Bakxierboxer

I want a scan of this bussiness card .....

OK, PM me your regular email address.