PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take

Shaolin Dude
06-16-2007, 01:47 AM
to kill someone by putting a headlock on a person?

Jingwu Man
06-16-2007, 01:55 AM
About 16-32 seconds.

8-16 seconds to knock out, 16-32 to death.

LFJ
06-16-2007, 02:42 AM
dang, cold blooded.

this thread could be valuable evidence in an upcoming murder by strangulation case.

Mega-Foot
06-16-2007, 05:26 AM
I can do it in five, but only if I've had a well-balanced lunch that afternoon.

bodhitree
06-16-2007, 07:29 AM
a headlock doesn't strangle. If you apply a proper choke to either the windpipe or arteries, then I would say rather quickly. But that depends on how deep the choke is.

You could keep me in a regular headlock all day, as it does not strangle/choke a person.

Knifefighter
06-16-2007, 08:04 AM
A headlock- never.

A choke- two to four minutes.

specialed
06-16-2007, 08:14 AM
A headlock- never.

A choke- two to four minutes.

Spoken from experience? Have you ever choked someone to death?

lkfmdc
06-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I got a new T-Shirt idea

32 Seconds to Death
With a picture of a kung fu guy applying a head lock

:rolleyes:

Ed, I think you should let Dale put a choke on you for 10 minutes to disprove his post!

MasterKiller
06-16-2007, 11:52 AM

There was a news story a couple of years ago about an MMA guy who killed his girlfriend's husband with a RNC in the parking lot of a grocery store.

golden arhat
06-16-2007, 12:09 PM

no hes just probably choked someone out enuff for them to become unconscious (as i have) and used that as a scale most average ppl can hold there breath for about a minute and then they start dying

specialed
06-16-2007, 12:13 PM
There was a news story a couple of years ago about an MMA guy who killed his girlfriend's husband with a RNC in the parking lot of a grocery store.

thats real good scientific evaluation.

specialed
06-16-2007, 12:14 PM
no hes just probably choked someone out enuff for them to become unconscious (as i have) and used that as a scale most average ppl can hold there breath for about a minute and then they start dying

gh, i'm pretty sure the only thing you've ever choked was the chicken.

MasterKiller
06-16-2007, 06:32 PM
thats real good scientific evaluation.

I got real good c@ck for you to suck, too.

Knifefighter
06-16-2007, 07:15 PM

A blood choke shuts off a significant part of the blood flow to the brain within 1-2 secconds of being fully applied. Unconciousness occurs in 5 to 10 seconds. That much I know from experience.

I did a little research on the rest and it looks like one might have to hold the choke for as little as 50 seconds or as many as 5 minutes before cardiac arrest occurs.

Chief Fox
06-16-2007, 07:44 PM
A blood choke shuts off a significant part of the blood flow to the brain within 1-2 secconds of being fully applied. Unconciousness occurs in 5 to 10 seconds. That much I know from experience.

I did a little research on the rest and it looks like one might have to hold the choke for as little as 50 seconds or as many as 5 minutes before cardiac arrest occurs.

The blood choke cuts off the supply of oxygen to the brain. Without oxygen to the brain, you suffer brain damage in about 2 min. or so. At least that's what i saw on several episodes of ER. After 3 minutes your kidneys shut down, then your liver and your spleen. If you've had your spleen sugically removed then you may last a bit longer but it's only a few more seconds until your heart explodes and all of your intentines shoot out of your a$$.

Water Dragon
06-17-2007, 07:47 AM
There's been research on this stuff, no need for guesswork:

http://www.onthemat.com/articles/Anatomy_of_a_Choke_10_13_2005.html

http://www.onthemat.com/articles/On_Chokes_10_12_2005.html

xcakid
06-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Why bother choking someone? A .308 caliber coming out of a Remington 700PSS from 500yds out. Aimed at the throat is much simplier. F**K it, if you're going to jail anyways, might as well go in style. :cool:

There are so many other ways to off someone without exerting that much effort. C'mon you guys are suppose to be martial artist. Ya know, minimum effort yields maximum damage. That's how you train right??? Well except for the "ground and pound" MMA guys of course. C'mon, you can use an automobile, poison, firearms, hire someone else. Why bother with something so manual? We have at our disposal more than just our hands and feet. Heck an aluminum baseball bat to the base of the skull would take less effort.

Mr Punch
06-17-2007, 09:56 AM
Just when you thought the thread couldn't get any dumber...

Water Dragon
06-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Just when you thought the thread couldn't get any dumber...

Ain't it? Everyone knows you're supposed to aim for Center of Mass.

Mr Punch
06-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Ain't it? Everyone knows you're supposed to aim for Center of Mass.Precisely. Wing chun all the way baby. Sticky bullets it is!

xcakid
06-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Ain't it? Everyone knows you're supposed to aim for Center of Mass.

That's too easy. White belt stuff. Me personally I like aiming for the left eyeball. :D

RonH
06-17-2007, 04:19 PM
A headbutt to the left nut works, too.

SevenStar
06-17-2007, 08:23 PM
yeah but wouldn't having your head there make you a **** head?

Mr Punch
06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm not going anywhere near that one...

Shaolinlueb
06-17-2007, 08:58 PM
just break a trachea, its easier then choking out. you're thinking to mma there. ;)

aww come on i had to say it.

Water Dragon
06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
yeah but wouldn't having your head there make you a **** head?

Actually, I think giving him some head would be the proper term in this situation!

SevenStar
06-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Another note about rendering someone unconscious is that they lose control of... certain bodily functions. I have seen several people I rendered unconscious p!ss on themselves. One crapped his pants. Now what I don't know if that's from straight unconsciousness or if alcohol plays a factor as well.

MasterKiller
06-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Another note about rendering someone unconscious is that they lose control of... certain bodily functions. I have seen several people I rendered unconscious p!ss on themselves. One crapped his pants. Now what I don't know if that's from straight unconsciousness or if alcohol plays a factor as well.

It was probably the words you muttered right before they passed out: "You gonna get raped."

Water Dragon
06-18-2007, 03:00 PM
The one guy I ever choked out outside class (the only time I ever 'used' my martial art), the guy ****ed himself. Dunno if he crapped or not, I choked him out and was gone by the time he woke up.