PDA

View Full Version : Impax?

mambi
06-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Any out here familiar with this Style of realistic fighting? its located in Pittsburgh P.A and its the closest to my house in north Allegheney county.. Only other thing is Tea Kan Due. Will try Yin Cheng Gong Fa Not sure if distance is practical.. Havent done anything since March and its like.. well its hard to describe what a void it leaves .. (or what a void it fills)

bodhitree
06-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Any out here familiar with this Style of realistic fighting? its located in Pittsburgh P.A and its the closest to my house in north Allegheney county.. Only other thing is Tea Kan Due. Will try Yin Cheng Gong Fa Not sure if distance is practical.. Havent done anything since March and its like.. well its hard to describe what a void it leaves .. (or what a void it fills)

Do you have a link? I live in Pittsburgh, I'm active in the MA community and I've never heard of it. Maybe I'd know them by location or coaches name.

mambi
06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Yea! moved here bout 2 months ago matter of fact you told me about Yin Cheng bout 3 months ago. INPAX ( not impax) does have a web page. Ill see if I can forward it.. Livin in Allison Park.. Da Burbs ! aint found a good bar this way yet.you could provably google it faster

golden arhat
06-16-2007, 12:11 PM
yes its closely related to the tampax style

the practitioner menstruates and attracts bears they then eat the opponent

mambi
06-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Listen I work in a hospital , room with 17 woman me and another guy,Been getting attacked by that style 25 years and did not realize the blood on my back wasnt mine. provably because they are post menopausal..

Oso
06-18-2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.inpax.net/main.html

how has the move gone?

mambi
06-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Citys cool work still sucks. I dont see whats fairer about that sex.. Hard finding place nearby to practice though Ive picked up enough to be able to spend an hour on my own.. serious discipline required... Hows the school ? ITs good and I miss it... the college kids?

Oso
06-19-2007, 09:24 AM
glad it's at least not worse.

school's ok...the usual summer slowdown.

Iron_Eagle_76
06-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Hey Mambi,

Not sure what you are looking for, but if want a kickboxing school these guys are great. I did some of my fight training with them a few months back and the person running the school is a good coach. http://www.pittsburghboxing.com/
Hope it helps.

bodhitree
06-21-2007, 05:54 AM
There are plenty of martial arts schools in Pittsburgh, I was under the impression he wanted CMA.

Iron_Eagle_76
06-21-2007, 06:02 AM
I wasn't sure what he was looking for, just giving my bit of experience in the 'burgh.

mambi
06-23-2007, 02:56 AM
to be practical it need be close by to where I live, as those who live here know, traffic can be pretty bad at times Im just being realistic. Its always been tough to find the right place specialy the teacher.. Im 10 miles north of the city and work in oakland.. thanks for the tips g guess just have to keep searching.. anybody ever been disciplined enough to consistently practice on their own?

bodhitree
06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Zhang Yun teaches xing yi in oakland once a week (I think some of his students practice more than that), there are some taiji classes in oakland also. If you're interested in non traditional arts you can train bjj at Pitt. There's also tongbei and ying jiao at steel dragon martial arts (www.steel-dragon.org), which is in bloomfeild (5 min. from oakland). I don't know of anything in the northern suburbs, I think there is an eagle claw school up there.

Oh, and there is the Kodokan school of Pittsburgh up their, oh, and Phillup Ameris in New Kensington (he teaches TKD and grappling).

Oh, and Total Karate (www.totalkarate.org) is in sharpsburg (between oakland and your home), they offer karate and submission wrestling.

mambi
06-26-2007, 10:42 AM
dont know why I didnt think of that since Im in oakland daily.Lotsa nice looking ladies up there. Like their style up here. . Tangent !! Thanks a lot B.T Funny no praying Mantis up here Hey Oso theres an Idea,good town. Only thing up this a way is Rothrock( thought it was Cyndis)Heard there is a guy at UPMC alternative Hospital, I think they call it, whose involved in the olympic Tai Ji , for what thats worth..

yi bu san quan
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
mambi,

still haven't found a place in pittsburgh? why not? like bodhitree said there are many schools...just depends on what you are looking for...

let us know...maybe we can steer you in the right direction.

mambi
07-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks.. appreciate the support . Tougher change than anticipated...Been trying to get Something close by to Allison Park.. CMA.. Ycgf is a couple of miles away.. need to check it out (Good input from B.T thanks) kinda stuck in the muck .. that ,dudes , is chi . That which is sent in this forum to me and its as real as a busted nose.. Any ideas will not be wasted....

yi bu san quan
07-07-2007, 06:23 AM
YCGF is for the internal styles. If you're looking for something more external...Teoul moon (where I'm a student) or Steel dragon (like BT suggested) are excellent schools. Best of luck in your search.

mambi
07-07-2007, 08:06 AM
where in North Pitt?

yi bu san quan
07-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Off the Wexford exit of 79. We actually practise in the office complex of a local greenhouse. Plenty of room...heavy bag as well as focus mits/pads etc. Here's the address if you want to see the distance from your place...
Brookside Nursery
2639 Big Sewickley Creek Road

mambi
07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
****!. Im really in the sticks . Thanks( sounds good though. Like the equipment> Ill be visiting)

yi bu san quan
07-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Glad to hear...message me if you have any questions.