PDA

View Full Version : So where can I get kung fu soundtracks from...

monkeyfoot
06-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I'd quite like to some of the music from the classic kung fu movies - South Shaolin and North Shaolin, Master Killer, Shaolin vs Wutang etc

I've been looking around the net but cant find a thing. I thought there would be a cult type website hosting that kinda stuff.

Anybody know of any?

craig

Eddie
06-17-2007, 09:45 AM
soulseek.

I found a few soundtracks to some older movies. that is, if your not shy of p2p

Jimbo
06-19-2007, 09:09 PM
A lot of the music in those old movies was taken from soundtracks of Italian, American, and Japanese movies of the 1960s and '70s. Parts of many Ennio Morricone soundtracks seem particularly popular.

The following are a few of the movies from which parts or bits of soundtracks were used in many KF movies and KF-horror films:

Star Wars
Carrie (the original version)
The Return of Ringo
Dawn of the Dead (original version)
The Big Gundown
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Once Upon a Time in the West
Death Rides a Horse
My Name is Nobody
Hang 'em High
War of the Gargantuas
Phantasm (original movie)
Suspiria
How the West Was Won
The Spy Who Loved Me
The Man with the Golden Gun
Spartacus(?)
Roots (TV mini-series)

Of course, this doesn't count any classical Chinese music used, or if any music was actually composed for a film. Most independent, old-school KF movies of any year tended to use similar music from one film to another; Shaw Brothers films often used music unique to their films, but also often took music from non-Chinese films. As for Master Killer (36th Chamber of Shaolin), I don't know where the opening theme of that is from.

monkeyfoot
06-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks Jim that was really helpful.

I've got quite a lot of those movies so Ill keep an ear out for anything that sounds familiar.

The main music I am trying to find is from the last fight scene with the 3-section staff in 'south shaolin and north shaolin'. If that rings a bell with anyone then please let me know.

Thanks again for the replies

craig

jethro
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Hey Jimbo and Monkeyfoot, check out day of Anger. Great movie, and it is the soundtrack for Invincible Armor.