PDA

View Full Version : Paul Vunak and Burt Richardson

Kong Jianshen
12-18-2000, 10:13 PM
Anyone here train with these guys? I really like thier ways of looking at things. Are they as good a fighters as they sound? From what I have read and seen of them they look like real streetfighters with no B.S. included. So are they the real deal? I sure think so. Burt was even part of the dog brothers for a while and Paul's ideas are pretty darn good.

Always seeking to learn,
Kong Jianshen
Humble disciple of the ancient Boxing Arts

GinSueDog
12-18-2000, 10:59 PM
I have trained with one of Paul Vunak's assistants named Ryan Clark, a full PFS instructor, some time ago. I thought he was pretty good, nice stick/knife work, although I felt his boxing skills were a little sloppy. I did like the way training was handled incorporating both weapons and grappling into the mix on the get go and the fact that sparring started on day one. I know that Paul Vunak likes to use a lot of Savate and Kali in his JKD training and it showed in the way his instructor taught and sparred. As for actually training with Burton Richardson or Paul Vunak I have never had the pleasure.-ED

"The grappling arts imply most fights end up on the ground...take them there. The striking arts imply all fights start standing up...keep them there. The mixed martial arts imply any fight can go anywhere...be ready and able to go everywhere."-a mix martial artist