PDA

View Full Version : The Terence Poll

Mr Punch
06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Like it says.

YungChun
06-18-2007, 04:53 AM
Good Lord.. Can you imagine what would happen if he DID post a clip of himself? :eek:

t_niehoff
06-18-2007, 05:02 AM
If it is that important to *you* to see me in action, then *you* make the effort: pay me a visit. You can either come to St. Louis (where I live) or visit me in LA in June, 2008 (when I'll be there to meet with Robert, Alan, etc.).

Ultimatewingchun
06-18-2007, 08:40 AM
I must admit...I HAD to read his response to the poll.

And an amazing response it was. The guy hasn't been challenged to some mano-to-mano by someone sick of his antics - just a simple poll to see who would like to see a vid by the KING of criticism.

And he still resorts to hiding behind his friends.

Pathetic.

Well, back to the IGNORE button. :p :rolleyes: :cool:

AmanuJRY
06-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Where's the 'I couldn't care less' option?:cool:

Matrix
06-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Where's the 'I couldn't care less' option?:cool:Since you've replied to the thread, I don't don't think you can say that with absolute certainty. ;)

Matrix
06-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Good Lord.. Can you imagine what would happen if he DID post a clip of himself? :eek:Jim,

I fully expect that IF he did post a clip it would be quite good, maybe even great, and No, I'm not joking. Like I've said before, my objections are based more on the tone of the message than on so much on what I see as the crux of the arguements. I don't have any solid basis for those expectations. It's more of a gut feeling.

I will admit that I sometimes take a counter-position just for the sake of arguement. So call me a hypocrit :eek:, because there's not always a method to the madness.

AmanuJRY
06-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Since you've replied to the thread, I don't don't think you can say that with absolute certainty. ;)

You're right...I could care less...:rolleyes:

anerlich
06-18-2007, 04:01 PM
It's obvious no clip will ever be posted. He's already more or less admitted his talents are meagre.

I just want him to cease and desist with his derivative, annoying and unhelpful critiques.

Mr Punch
06-18-2007, 05:33 PM
If it is that important to *you* to see me in action, then *you* make the effort: pay me a visit. You can either come to St. Louis (where I live) or visit me in LA in June, 2008 (when I'll be there to meet with Robert, Alan, etc.).You're missing the point. And on crack? I live in Japan.

If ever I grace the shores you've benighted with your presence it'll be to train with people I know have the goods... And despite all your assertions that others don't, we've yet to see any evidence that you do.

If you're talking about Alan Orr, I've seen a little of the way he trains in vids of his sparring and performance, and while it's good, and a little unusual and refreshing for wing chun, it's nothing special for MA in general, or for my experience (except of course, the magical structure that your lineage has and no others do, which doubtless win over all the other MA - but let's not give you more BS to hide behind - this isn't about Alan, or Robert, it's about YOU).

...it would be quite good, maybe even great, and No, I'm not joking.
He's already more or less admitted his talents are meagre.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't care. As I've said, I agree with a lot of what he says, I'm just sick of his bullsh!t tone. All mouth and no ****ing trousers.

Where's the 'I couldn't care less' option?I considered putting one in, but thought if you don't care, then 'no,' would be the answer. Generally, despite having made this thread, I don't even care: I'm not at all ruffled, I just think he needs to shut up and show us a video! :D

Liddel
06-18-2007, 05:36 PM
It's obvious no clip will ever be posted. He's already more or less admitted his talents are meagre.

"Those who can, DO. Those who cant, TEACH."

Who knows if he can bang - but he would make a good coach... You certainly wouldnt forget what he has to say, its repeated daily.

There's good in every situation :p

Liddel
06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I don't care. As I've said, I agree with a lot of what he says, I'm just sick of his bullsh!t tone. All mouth and no ****ing trousers.

I second that.

Edmund
06-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I fully expect that IF he did post a clip it would be quite good, maybe even great, and No, I'm not joking. Like I've said before, my objections are based more on the tone of the message than on so much on what I see as the crux of the arguements. I don't have any solid basis for those expectations. It's more of a gut feeling.

I think he'd have to kill someone in a barehanded bloodbath to back up the amount of crap he talks. Or at least a Griffin v Bonnar Ultimate Fighter Final level slug-o-rama. :)

I will admit that I sometimes take a counter-position just for the sake of arguement. So call me a hypocrit :eek:, because there's not always a method to the madness.

It depends on the particular criticism.
Some counter-positions are more extreme than others.
If you state that someone's clip totally sucks then in comparison, you better totally rock.

If someone can't produce that, then they shouldn't take such an extreme position.
Less extreme positions require less to be valid.

If someone says those guys could go a bit harder, providing a clip of a bit harder sparring would be helpful (which is the point of giving the advice right?) but it's not totally necessary.

Who knows if he can bang - but he would make a good coach... You certainly wouldnt forget what he has to say, its repeated daily.

There's good in every situation :p

LOL. Good one!

anerlich
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM

You could train a parrot to do that. And somehow, when discussing Terence's derivative diatribes, that would be most appropriate.

When you think about it, it's like the Turing test ... perhaps Terence IS a parrot , taught sentences by Matt Thornton, using voice recognition software.

It's very difficult to tell.

JPinAZ
06-19-2007, 12:59 AM
"Those who can, DO. Those who cant, TEACH."

Obviously, you've not been listening, T has said many times here, you can't teach people to fight if you can't fight yourself.... ;)

t_niehoff
06-19-2007, 05:30 AM
I find this stuff hilarious -- thanks.

anerlich
06-19-2007, 03:20 PM

It's good that you can laugh at yourself. Many of us here are laughing at you as well.

anerlich
06-19-2007, 03:21 PM

So guys - trained parrot or human being? Should I run a poll?

sihing
06-19-2007, 04:12 PM
So guys - trained parrot or human being? Should I run a poll?

No, just a lawyer that's all :)

Liddel
06-19-2007, 05:57 PM
No, just a lawyer that's all :)

What do you call one hundred Lawyers at the bottom of the ocean ?

....A good start ! :eek:

Couldnt help myself :p

This place gets so serious its nice to take a break....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BMR5VoXU4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apgi3HW1-Nc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BHHZj-fy1I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuiI7DwVH0

Ultimatewingchun
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey Lidell, question...Do ya think the woman in the second vid knows how to cook a nice Italian marinara sauce? :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

Liddel
06-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey Lidell, question...Do ya think the woman in the second vid knows how to cook a nice Italian marinara sauce? :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

Prob not, but with some hands on training with me, including full force, full contact simmering...anythings possible :o

Why, you looking for a new goo-ma (sp?) ?
:cool:

Ultimatewingchun
06-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Can't really say at the moment.

But with those hands and body movement while standing...well...just wondering if she has also developed the BJJ guard position - without making escaping from there her top priority. :cool:

reneritchie
06-20-2007, 05:26 PM
I would like to see how Mike Sigman and Luke Beston vote!

(June '08 Niehoff? If you're real, and not just some 1st gen student of Ng Mui using a fake internet persona to p!$$ people off, LA may not be that far!!)

martyg
06-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Wierd poll. Why would I want a video of Terence's mouth?

t_niehoff
06-21-2007, 05:50 AM
I would like to see how Mike Sigman and Luke Beston vote!

(June '08 Niehoff? If you're real, and not just some 1st gen student of Ng Mui using a fake internet persona to p!$$ people off, LA may not be that far!!)

As past president of the Luke Beston fan club, I could only hope he would supoort me!

t_niehoff
06-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Wierd poll. Why would I want a video of Terence's mouth?

Hey, Marty, I hope to see you at the family get-together next year in June. It should be fun. :) And, of course, as I told you when you were here years ago for Robert's seminar, you're always welcome to come down to St. Louis and train with us.

martyg
06-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey, Marty, I hope to see you at the family get-together next year in June. It should be fun. :) And, of course, as I told you when you were here years ago for Robert's seminar, you're always welcome to come down to St. Louis and train with us.

Heya Terence, first I heard about it. I'll plan on it now, any idea on the dates? I was at the last one in 2005 down by Dave, so I'm due for another.

Thanks for the invite to St. Louis, if I'm ever down that way I'll certainly take you up on it. Same for you by the way, you're always welcome by us if you're up near Milwaukee.