PDA

View Full Version : Good training video set?

kungfuzed
06-20-2007, 10:23 AM
I live in an area where no kung fu training is available. I wish to train in kung fu and realize that a video is never as good as an instructor, however, I do not have any good options.

What training videos or training video sets do you feel is outstanding for a newbie?

Thank you,
Rick
:confused:

xcakid
06-20-2007, 10:28 AM
If you have netflix, they have Shaolin Kung Fu series and other CMA DVD for rent. :D

sanjuro_ronin
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I live in an area where no kung fu training is available. I wish to train in kung fu and realize that a video is never as good as an instructor, however, I do not have any good options.

What training videos or training video sets do you feel is outstanding for a newbie?

Thank you,
Rick
:confused:

Any other MA available to you?

kungfuzed
06-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks, I have blockbuster online rather than netflix and the kung fu instruction videos are all long waiting times.

kungfuzed
06-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Tkd and hapkido are available. I have explored this and still wish to train in Kung Fu.

xcakid
06-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks, I have blockbuster online rather than netflix and the kung fu instruction videos are all long waiting times.

Well first you need to drop Blockbuster cause everything they have that is worth a **** is on long wait.

But if you like em still.

Try this: http://www.wle.com/store/wlv_shaolin_dvd.html

sanjuro_ronin
06-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Tkd and hapkido are available. I have explored this and still wish to train in Kung Fu.

Something to start is better, you need some sort of "martial" point of refence.

BruceSteveRoy
06-20-2007, 11:35 AM
whatever you buy make sure you get it through www.martialartsmart.com or gene will hunt you down and teach you kungfu the hard way. (in other words how to take a beating (and by beating i mean a kick to the crotch))

xcakid
06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Oh I forgot about this one.

http://plumblossom.net/distance.html

Chosen-frozen
06-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I would have to tell you to check out Green Dragon Studios in Ohio first and foremost.They`re the best video instruction on the market in traditional Kung fu in my opinion. They`re not online as far as I know, but you can find theirstuff on Ebay from time to time. The explanations are clear and inciteful. The instruction is top notch. And they show you basics from a variety of styles until you can find one you want to focus on.

Other good ones would be Yang Jwing Ming www.ymaa.com and Wing Lam. www.wle.com.