PDA

View Full Version : Monkey or Drunken Fighting

PaiLumDreamer
06-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Im very interested in monkey style kung fu or the "drunken" forms of fighting that are out there. I have seen many forms, and while thats fine and dandy I was wondering if anyone has an footage of someone sparring/fighting using obvious monkey/drunken techniques.

Ill start us off, because I know it exists :D:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JcRhVR-WbaI

It may not be very good but thats not what im after.

Thank you for your help.

PaiLumDreamer
06-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Nobody else has anything? :(

NJM
06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah, because no one posted in your double-post thread, it means we don't have anything :P

Forum manners please.

PaiLumDreamer
06-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Bumping is bad forum manners? :eek:

TenTigers
06-23-2007, 06:01 AM
unfortunately, there is not much on the topic. Seven Satar Preying Mantis,Dai Sing Pek Kwa,Hop-Ga,and Choy Li Fut all have Joi Bot Sien forms, as well as Wah Lum, and there are drunken sections in Hung-Ga. Sifu Dunwood, who posts here regularly practices an eight immortals system. Stay away from the wu-shu or anything that claims itself to be shaolin drunken fist. Those are theatrical sets and not designed for fighting. BYW-learning a set will only make you a person whio knows how to do a set, It will not do anything for your fighting ability.

NJM
06-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Bumping is bad forum manners? :eek:

double posting and bumping a post the same day as the topic was posted is bad forum manners. So is not using quotes, necroing for no reason or re-posting a topic without using the search function first.

bakxierboxer
06-23-2007, 11:40 AM
.... Seven Satar Preying Mantis....

Was that a reference to the ancient art of Seven Satyrs (nothing to do with PMs)?
Reputedly lots more "action" "in the clinches".