PDA

View Full Version : Taiji Fast Form

DMK
06-22-2007, 09:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone has heard of a yang style competition fast form?

GLW
06-22-2007, 09:38 AM
Not a COMPETITION fast routine. There are a couple of Competition YAng routines. There is the standard IWuF one and then there is another that Yang Zhenduo created more recently (Not too many people that KNOW Yang style care for the IWuF Competition routine)

As for a Yang Fast Form, I have seen 2 or 3. The most well known instance of this comes from Dong Yinjie's lineage. According to Dong, he was helping YAng Chengfu develop a Yang fast form just before Yang died. Dong maintained that he completed the set with what he and Yang Chengfu had discussed and so it was essentially from Yang. Others maintain that since it would be inappropriate respect, Dong simply credited his fast routine to his teacher, Yang Chengfu.

Now, if you go to people like Fu Zhongwen, I can tell you that he personally denied the existence of a Yang Fast form. (This was one of the items discussed over lunch a year before he died - when I was in Shanghai).

From what I have read and been told, Yang Zhenduo also denies the existence of a YAng Fast form or a "Secret" Yang form for that matter.

cjurakpt
06-23-2007, 04:44 PM
interesting tidbit: Master Dong and my teacher's teacher, Master Koo, were good friends, and there are a few nuances in our version of the Yang form which are also found in Dong's form, but which are not found in the "standard" Yang 108 - coincidence? perhaps; earth shaterring revelation? not really, just kinda neat; direction of influence? coldn't really say...