PDA

View Full Version : If I were in California I'd check this out! - Bruce's original stuff

Andreas
01-10-2001, 05:14 AM
Dear folks,

Sifu Howard M. Williams Jr. asked me for spreading an information about his upcoming seminar.

Howard Williams both a student of the martial arts legends Bruce Lee and James Yimm Lee in the Oakland branch of Bruce's Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute. He was present when Bruce was just into transition, taking his Jun Fan Gung Fu to the art/process known as Jeet Kune Do.

Being a teenager at this time he was thrown directly into the advanced class among grown men, but being a dedicated disciple and natural talent he was forged by Bruce and James into an awesome street fighter, following the strict principles and concepts of JKD as Bruce and James taught it, pure and undistorted as he has never studied any other style (he never studied Wing Chun, Kali, Muay Thai, Pentjak Silat, just pure JKD as it was taught by Bruce and Jimmy Lee).
He's one of a few men who can Bruce's make work, and showing how it works as opposed to JKD as it has been misinterpreted in some ways today.

Jesse Glover, the first student and assistant instructor of Bruce Lee, as well as the author of some of the very best books ever written about Bruce Lee as a fighter and a person, mentioned about Howard Williams: "In my mind Bruce was Jeet Kune Do. I have never seen anyone who could move like him. If anyone can do Jeet Kune Do, it's Howard Williams from the Oakland period. Howard trained under Bruce and James when he was teenager and JKD is all that he has done. He has good reflexes, and is a powerful man. He can make Bruce's stuff work (concerning putting it to functional reality). There aren't many who can."

Further information about and by Howard you will find in the long video-interview "The Way of the Intercepting Fist" and in the printed interview "The JKD Gospel according to Howard" made by excellent freelance writer and historian Johnny Williams, published in INSIDE KUNG FU in March 1998.

Howard always kept the art to himself, as he never commercialized it (as a profession he teaches handicapped children, not martial arts). He came out of the woodworks to tell the people the truth of what JKD and James Yimm Lee were all about.

On the following link you will find a short information: <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/hwjkd/Jeet-Kune-Doindex.html" TARGET="_blank">http://hometown.aol.com/hwjkd/Jeet-Kune-Doindex.html</A>

If you want to know more details about it, he's glad to get an from you: hwjkd@aol.com

To every JFJKD practitioner and Bruce Lee fan who has the chance to come to Oakland, you owe it to yourself to attend Sifu Williams' seminar!!

Thanks for reading!
Take care,
Andreas Mertsch