PDA

View Full Version : Book on Bruce Lee - anyone else read this?

rindge
06-23-2007, 11:42 AM
I came across the following "book" on Lee. The url was posted in a kung-fu movie website. I am just starting to read this - quite interesting. anybody know if there is any truth to what this guy has authored?

Rindge

http://www.karateconnection.com/UNSETTLEDMATTERS.pdf

Ultimatewingchun
06-23-2007, 08:40 PM
There'a a current thread on the Kung Fu forum entitled: "Fascinating Read On Bruce Lee" that's all about this book - and the thread already has about 25 posts. You should check it out. I think the author of the book is onto something real.

anerlich
06-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll be reading this for sure.

donbdc
06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Wild read!
I will present this book to 2 of Bruces student this weekend and see what they say: Sifu's Dan Lee and Ted Wong.
I will post responses if interested.

anerlich
06-26-2007, 05:22 PM
don,

I'm sure everyone reading the book would be interested in what those guys have to say.

martyg
06-26-2007, 10:45 PM
That's an old book, came out a good 11 years ago (though it looks like the pdf that was posted is just excerpts). I actually talked to Tom at the time (he had contacted me in email), also set up an interview between him and William Cheung, as he was interested in talking about the whole triad situation at the time they were all growing up.

The book is an interesting and does present some interesting material that goes against the usual Linda Lee party line. She was against the book and its publication, and questioned the accuracy of the material in it. But what do you expect from an ex-wife (her and Tom were married) with a marketing image to protect?

Here's the full version of the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Unsettled-Matters-Life-Death-Bruce/dp/0965313204/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-5417100-3729465?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1182923243&sr=8-1

donbdc
07-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I just got back from the seminar 15 min ago. It was great fun! I kearned a lot.
Sifu's Dan Lee and Ted Wong were awsome and explained Bruces thoeries and application very well. I was told if you want to fight like Bruce train like Bruce!
And as far as the book, I will let no way be the way of responding and just keep training.
If you have the opportunity to train w/ these gntleman take it. It will be an eye opening experience.
Don