PDA

View Full Version : So Kimbo is fighting MMA tonight 6/23

IronFist
06-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Flyer: http://sports.bodogbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/Mercer%20vs.%20Kimbo.jpg

Interviews and final press conference: http://cagefuryfighting.com/

Mr Punch
06-23-2007, 10:26 PM
LOL, Kimbo is fighting a has-been boxer... that's not MMA!

Vilmore
06-24-2007, 04:07 AM
its mma because its under mma rules

SevenStar
06-24-2007, 04:20 AM
LOL, Kimbo is fighting a has-been boxer... that's not MMA!

give him a break - they aren't gonna put him against a good mma guy for his first fight. Also, kimbo is more of a boxer, so he would still be evenly matched with mercer, as they are both primarily boxers.

Three Harmonies
06-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Results??
Jake :cool:

SevenStar
06-24-2007, 06:20 AM
kimbo in rd 1 by guillotine choke.

MasterKiller
06-24-2007, 06:34 AM
http://www.muchosucko.com/show/kimbo_slice_vs_ray_mercer-29375

ADS NSFW

Merryprankster
06-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Kimbo made the smart move and didn't challenge Mercer on his own turf, which probably would have resulted in a loss for him. (Kimbo won by choke)

Truthfully, it looked like the UFCs of yore, when pure stylists with little crosstraining were confused....lost in a sea of unfamiliar sensory input.

rogue
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
That fight may have been interesting back when the UFC was in single digits, but now not so much. Kimbo is going to have to fight someone good before it makes me want to watch his next fight.

Mr Punch
06-24-2007, 08:04 PM
give him a break - they aren't gonna put him against a good mma guy for his first fight.So why should we give him a break? He's been touted all over the net as the hardest thing on da 5tr33t for years, and now they get him into a sport (for our entertainment...?) that's just finally winning its struggle to throw off a backyard brawlers' image with inadequate training which is both an insult to the people who do train hard to become well-rounded fighters and everyday bods like me who train hard but have got no chance of getting into any significant competition for various reasons (not that I particularly care TBH...).

Nobody gave Bob Sapp any breaks... he got his head kicked around like a football, he got owned all over the shop before he realised and started training smarter, and the same for Akebono, except his managers/trainers obviously sucked too much to care about getting him into any decent training.

**** charity man! I wanna see him fight Fedor! :D :D :D

Truthfully, it looked like the UFCs of yore, when pure stylists with little crosstraining were confused....lost in a sea of unfamiliar sensory input.
That fight may have been interesting back when the UFC was in single digits, but now not so much. Kimbo is going to have to fight someone good before it makes me want to watch his next fight.Yep. Seconded.

Shaolinlueb
06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
I wanna see him fight Fedor! :D :D :D

werd, me too.

Samurai Jack
06-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Man, tough crowd. I like Mercer (Has been? The dude can still box!), but I don't care much for Kimbo personally. Most of us would probably do just as well if we were built like him. I'd put my money on Sevenstar in a MMA matchup between the two, for example. ;)

Seeing footage like that makes me want to train harder though. Time to work out.

Mr Punch
06-24-2007, 11:29 PM
I was in a hurry when I wrote that: I wasn't meaning has-been as an insult in any way - but he couldn't hang with pro-boxers anywhere near like he used to be able to, thus 'has-been'. I like him too, and I think Kimbo may be an ass.

rogue
06-25-2007, 04:37 AM
If they're going to try and sell Kimbo as part of a freak show then do a big f-ing freak show. Maybe Kimbo vs Sapp, or at least stick the guy on the next season of UFC.

Fuzzly
06-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Kimbo can play the game of popularity pretty well. A few internet videos, some training, and people are already interested in his fights.