PDA

View Full Version : Why JKD?

Bessho
11-11-2001, 12:27 AM
Considering I have no (zero) experience in martial arts ... can you tell me what's so good about JKD? Why should I study it? Please tell me.

If you think this is a flame starting troll post you're wrong.

curtis
11-11-2001, 12:13 PM
Why Jeet Kune Do?
JKD is the way for personal excellence. Like its cousin wing chun, many people view JKD in a disfavorable light.
It does not take years of training to become proficient at defending yourself. (Like it does in many traditional systems) although like many other systems, once you have learned a little, you realize there's much more to it.
I would recommend Jeet Kune Do, Jun Fan, or any other art that focuses on self-defense.
If you have no experience. Look for a good instructor, (one who you can look up to, and get along with.) After all the teacher is one of the most important elements of any art.
look around as see what kind of schools are near you. Then choose wisely.
C.A.G.

Bessho
11-11-2001, 10:32 PM
hi curtis-thanks. im not looking to defend myself. i have lots of money. if i was worried about defending myself i would buy a gun or hire more bodyguards and make sure they have guns. i just want to learn to fight. there're lots of established systems out there. what sets jkd apart from, boxing, clf, hung ga, mantis, ninjitsu, tkd, ving tsun, wing chun, ying yee, etc...

Bessho
11-11-2001, 10:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Curtis wrote:
After all the teacher is one of the most important elements of any art.
look around as see what kind of schools are near you. Then choose wisely. [/quote]

BTW - that's good advice. thanks ;)